main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

~Birthday Cakes and Rum~ a short Sabe story (yes, another one!)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Amidolee, Oct 30, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amidolee

Amidolee Jedi Master star 5

Jan 8, 2000
    The Queen?s Quarters were quite, except for Anakin?s occasional sigh and the handmaidens? shifting. Amidala had grown tired and was asleep. While the handmaidens had thought Sabé?s long absence meant thing, Anakin had dashed away their hopes with his mutterings of Obi-Wan?s ?scattered? connected. He wasn?t happy, Anakin confirmed.

Saché paced near the door, twisting the cord of her sash between her thumb and index. It was getting late, and Anakin?s uncomfortable shifting and meditations were driving her insane.

The door chimed. ?The Jedi and handmaiden,? the guard called. A three handmaidens leapt for the door, and it slid open.

A chorus of gasps greeted them. Two drowned rats entered, Sabé burdened with the soaked Jedi Knight.

?Master!? Anakin cried, pushing Eirtaé aside. ?What happened??

?The Sizzling Corellia happened,? Sabé muttered. Obi-Wan?s arm was draped over her shoulder as she half-dragged him into the parlor. Her bruised cheek was covered by her matted hair, put when she dumped Obi-Wan to the floor, Saché stared in horror.

?Sabé! What happened to your cheek??

The handmaiden blushed, one hand gingerly brushing the hair from her face. ?An accident. He?s about to puke again, and I don?t think the Queen wants her carpet stained.? Sabé glared down at Obi-Wan, anxious to get him out of her sight.

?Why are you both wet?? Eirtaé asked curiously.

?I pushed him into a fountain,? Sabé replied shortly.

Before anyone could respond, a loud groan escaped from the collapsed Jedi. ?He?s going to blow!? Saché cried, lifting him up by two arms. Eirtaé and Anakin helped lift Obi-Wan up and give him a push to the refresher. The door hissed behind him, and Saché turned to Sabé.

?Let?s get you some dry clothes, and you can explain why half your face is enlarged and purple.?

@@@@

Obi-Wan?s head pounded, and his senses were magnified and distorted. He remembered being dragged by the handmaidens, remembered the cold floor of the refresher. No . . . he didn?t remember it, because it was happening now. The door hissed open, the sound scratching his sensitive ears. Perhaps that serving of Red Corellia hadn?t been wise, but even as he tried to scold himself and make sense of his actions, the pounding increased it was simply easier to not think.

? . . .Obi-Wan . . .?? the voice floated around, bouncing off the walls. Confused, Obi-Wan glanced around, his head rolling and his vision blurring. The dark-haired girl knelt down before him, distorted as everything else. ?Let?s set you up,? she said. The voice was something real and firm, even if it?s beauty continued to assault his suffering eardrums. Two hands gripped him by the shoulders and pushed. The cold pressure of the floor disappeared, and his stomach lurched, as if to vomit again.

A cool hand pressed against his forehead, then the blurred figure moved away, the light brightening as her shadow no longer sheltered him. The hiss of running water echoed, and a moment later the rim of a glass was pressed to his lips.

?Drink this,? the girl ordered, tipping it.

Cold water dribbled down his chin, put Obi-Wan reached up with his own hands, enveloping hers as he drank thirstily. He hadn?t known how thirsty he was. He downed every last drop (of what hadn?t fallen down his chin). Gasping for air, he leaned his head back against the wall. The world spun, but slowly steadied. He closed his eyes, willing this migraine to ease. His nurse wiped his mouth clean with a rag.

Opening his eyes, he found his vision clearer, and he didn?t need to squint. The brown haired, brown-eyed girl was wiping spilled water off his shirt, which was rather pointless since his close were still cold and damp. Several things hit him at once, but the most important was the fact this girl?young woman?was taking care of him, even when he had been a fool. Her right cheek was purple, the swelling reaching from under her eyes almost to her lips. He wanted to cry. How could he have done this? He had never wanted to hurt Sabé, never i

2. Healer Apprentice Lina

Healer Apprentice Lina Jedi Master star 4

Jun 1, 2000
    that scene was really sweet, Amidolee.

Good thing Obi-Wan has the Force to help him with the UBER hang over he's going to have in the morning. Plus, he better be INCREDIBLY creative in how he makes this up to Sabe.

3. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    Chapter Four

The parlor was quiet as Saché and Eirtaé stepped from their quarters and found Obi-Wan snuggled in the couch, Sabé?s hand trapped by the Jedi. Her head was resting on the edge of the couch, her free hand under her head. The handmaidens raised their eyebrows and exchanged glances. It was going to be a fun day, dealing with a massive hangover from Kenobi and possibly a grouchy Sabé.

?Maybe we should make him some of your grandma?s tea,? Eirtaé whispered to Saché. ?That can get anyone over a hangover.?

They bustled into the kitchen, finding herbs and spices that were needed. Amidala was still sleeping, and they would need to fix her cold remedy anyway. Anakin was already awake, fingering his braid as he watched the small holovid in the corner.

?Aren?t we a productive lad in the morning?? Saché teased. ?What are you watching??

Anakin shrugged and yawned. ?Nothing important. I couldn?t watch in the parlor because Master?s there, and I really don?t want to disturb him.?

?Does Kenobi drink much, Anakin?? Eirtaé asked as she began mixing Amidala?s tea.

?No. He never drinks. Only wine offered by hosts, and that?s only out of necessity. Some wars start when someone turns down a drink.?

?Sabé said she turned down HER drink,? Saché whispered.

Eirtaé smirked. ?I thought it was part of her plan to get him sloshed so she could have her way??

?Eir! That?s an awful thing to say!?

?Joking, Saché. We both know Sabé?s the epitome of parole officer. She wouldn?t know a handsome man was interested if he hit her in the face.?

?He DID hit her in the face.?

?Exactly.?

Saché suddenly grinned. ?You know, Eirtaé. I believe I?m rubbing off on you.?

4. Healer Apprentice Lina

Jun 1, 2000
    Ahahaha! The last few lines were hilarious!

"He DID hit her in the face!"

5. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    serves him right... geez.. men are so sensative.. and such big babies.

6. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    Surfacing to consciousness was a journey Obi-Wan would have rather avoided. Still, the cheery voices in the kitchen alerted to him that it was day. Groaning as the pain assaulted his brain, he opened his eyes, squinting in the dim light (which was like Tatooine?s twin suns). The Force moved sluggishly, but he drew it around him, pressing the worst of the pain away. It helped, but the consequences still hovered above him.

Obi-Wan rested his eyes on the sleeping woman. Even after the horrible night, she had been a friend and had been kind to him. She should have left him out in the cold streets, or pushed him off a platform. No, Sabé had dragged him home, and had done what she could to make him comfortable. He reached out and brushed her long hair from her face, wincing at the bruised side. His heart ached, and the guilt did nothing for his hangover. How could he have done this? He?d asked himself this several times, and he could find no explanation. It hadn?t been intentional, but it would have never happened if he had behaved like a Jedi Knight and not some bum who?d lost his lover.

?I?ll make it up to you,? Obi-Wan vowed, his fingers brushing through the long locks. ?I swear it. You mean too much to me to lose. I?m an idiot.? Sabé stirred, her lips mumbling silently as she shifted. She turned her head, her bruised cheek pressing against her arm. Whimpering softly, she shifted again, then fell still and silent.

Obi-Wan moved her hand, smiling as it was still pressed it his. He kissed it, then sat up, begging the floor to remain steady this time. His headache grew, up he stubbornly ignored it as he picked the handmaiden off the floor. She was light and he gently settled her onto the couch, using the Force to keep her asleep. Then he pulled the blanket over her, smoothing her hair back and giving her forehead a kiss.

?I?m a stupid, pathetic, arrogant, uncouth idiot,? Obi-Wan muttered.

?Well, at least he finally admits it,? Saché giggled from the doorway.

Obi-Wan stifled an annoyed groan as the handmaidens entered the chamber, Anakin at their heels. They were carrying steaming mugs of herbal liquid. Eirtaé disappeared into the Queen?s chambers, motioning that Anakin would stay put if he knew what was best for him. Saché presented Obi-Wan with a mug.

?Drink this, it?ll help the hangover.?

Begrudgingly, Obi-Wan accepted, taking a tentative sip. His face scrunched and his tongue gagged. ?Sith, what IS this stuff?? he cried.

?SSH! You?ll wake her up!? Saché hissed. ?And if I were you, I?d be catching a transport off this planet.?

?Yeah,? Obi-Wan snorted. He took another sip, grimacing as the hot liquid went down. He gazed down at Sabé. ?Does she hate me??

?I doubt it,? Saché said. ?She isn?t thrilled, though. Let?s let her sleep and talk in the kitchen. We have issues to discuss.?

Reluctantly, Obi-Wan followed. The hot tea was already working wonders as he settled down at the table, swallowing more of the concoction. Saché locked the door behind her, turning and giving him a long, hard look.

?First of all, I don?t know what all happened last night, except that you hit Sabé and made her night horrible. I?m willing to accept the fact you were drunk for hopefully a worthy cause, but I cannot forgive you for hurting her. But, there may be a way to make some amends.?

Obi-Wan was taken aback by the serious tone in Saché?s voice. He?d never known the handmaiden to be serious and focused. ?I?ll do anything,? he said.

?Her birthday was hell,? Saché said bluntly. ?And you?ll have to make it better. Today.?

7. Healer Apprentice Lina

Jun 1, 2000
    Yeah, you tell him Sache!

He BETTER have a really good plan.

8. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    go Saché, go Saché...

9. Senni_Arava

Senni_Arava Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 22, 2000
    "he *did* hit her in the face"
    LOL!

10. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    Sabé opened her eyes in confusion, wondering how she had gotten to the couch. The quarters were strangely silent, and she couldn?t sense Amidala or the handmaidens. If she strained, she could make out someone puttering around the kitchen. Yawning, she stretched full-length, then sat up, rubbing the sleep from her eyes.

It must be late morning, she thought, disturbed that no one had awakened her. Gingerly, she touched her cheek, finding it tender but no longer a billboard of puffiness. It still hurt to her prodding fingers, though.

?Sithspawn!?

The shout startled her, and she froze. It was Obi-Wan, and he was in the kitchen. Her stomach felt sick at the thought of him. All she had wanted to do last night was knock him unconscious, but the alcohol had completed the task for her. She didn?t want to see him, but the smell of something burning forced her to answer the beckon.

Cautiously, she opened the kitchen door, coughing as smoke hit her lungs. Obi-Wan was swearing softly in the native Corellian tongue, waving his hands around a charred . . . thing.

?Obi-Wan??

?Sith,? he grumbled, turning around. ?You weren?t suppose to wake up yet.?

?What? What are you doing??

The Jedi smiled timidly, as if testing the waters. ?I was suppose to be baking a cake. The old-fashioned way.? He gestured helplessly to the blackened block. ?Need a doorstop??

?Why??

?To stop doors from shutting.?

?No,? Sabé shook her head. ?Why are you baking a cake??

?For your birthday, of course.?

?That was yesterday.?

?But I was stupid.? Obi-Wan gave her a pleading look, stepping through the thin cloud of smoke. ?Please, my friend. Let me at least attempt to make it up to you. Then you can hate me.?

?I don?t hate you,? Sabé sighed. ?I?m just disappointed.?

?I?m sorry, and I know that isn?t enough.? Obi-Wan tilted her chin up so they were eye to eye. ?And another thing: I DID notice how beautiful you looked last night. Not even a stumbling drunk could miss that.?

Sabé smiled sardonically. ?But even ugly people look gorgeous in a drunk?s eye.?

Obi-Wan raised his hands in defeat. ?I?m only sinking lower, aren?t I??

?Yes.? Sabé patted his hand. ?I think, to save this building, -I- should bake the cake.?

?But then how am I suppose to surprise you?? Obi-Wan asked.

?I think the smoke rather spoiled it.?

There wasn?t a point in arguing, and Obi-Wan was relieved to find her acknowledging his presence, even speaking to him. Sabé then set around the kitchen, turning the fan on high to clear the smoke. She glanced at his failed attempt and smirked, then studied the recipe on the counter. Expertly, she began measuring and mixing, leaving Obi-Wan completely baffled. He supposed cooking was something naturally bred into women.

?Don?t stand there,? Sabé ordered. ?You have to learn if you?re suppose to be doing this to compensate for male stupidity.? She hopped up onto the counter and gestured with her arm at the ingredients and stirring bowl. ?Learn.?

Eyebrows raised, Obi-Wan stepped up to the counter. Sabé explained in slow, careful detail what everything was, its purpose, and how to mix or blend it. Obi-Wan had some wise remarks to counter with, but he bit his tongue and succumbed to her womanly act.

Then it was all mixed and the goo poured into the baking pan. After it was placed in the heating unit, Obi-Wan stuck his finger in the mixing bowl and swiped some of the residue. He licked it off his fingers. ?Double fudge is always good.?

Sabé made a disgusted sound in her throat. ?You are so male.?

?What??

?Sticking your finger in the mix? Disgusting!?

?Actually, it tasted quite good.?

Sabé rolled her eyes.

Obi-Wan gave her a convivial grin, dipping into the bowl again. Her eyes narrowed as he sampled the mix. ?Good stuff. You should try it. It?s much more fun this way.?

Sabé was ready to refuse again, but then a naughty thought crossed her mind. Giving her eyes another roll, she dipped her finger in the bowl, and came up with a

11. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
  12. Healer Apprentice Lina

Jun 1, 2000
    The food fight was great!
    At least he managed to think of something creative.

13. Senator Lorena

Senator Lorena Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 21, 2000
    Got him! Good one Amidolee!

Loved the food fight, too!

14. Dark_Soldier

Dark_Soldier Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2000
    lol!!
    great posts Ami!!!

15. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    I'm writing the other post right now. This story should be wrapped up tonight.

16. Angel_of_Naboo

Angel_of_Naboo Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2000
    LOL!!!!!!! This was hilarious!!!! I loved it!!!!

17. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    Last post, hope you all like it!

The temperature controls kept the water from becoming cold, but Sabé mentally counted off the hour, then knew she should at least make an attempt to drag herself from the bath. She used a fluffy white towel to dry herself off, wrapping the other around her long, now tangled hair. Then she slipped into the blue silk robe waiting for her, and pushed her feet into the room slippers.

Quietly, almost tip-toeing on the lush carpet, she entered the outer chambers. The parlor and sitting chambers were empty, their lights dimmed according to the lack of occupation. When she walked through, they increased illumination. It?d always irked her about the controlled lighting. It was as if she was stepping into a spotlight or across stage. When the quarters were full of bustling handmaidens and Amidala, there was never a problem. But she was now alone and it felt a bit frightening.

An enticing scent floated from the kitchen, drawing Sabé in an instant. Breathing deeply and smiling at the aroma of warm double-fudge and caramel. Her stomach rumbled, and another smile crossed her lips when there was no smoke filtering from the kitchen.

The door hissed open, and she stood in the threshold, gaping at the transformation. The kitchen was sparkling clean, the lights dimmed to dining level. The fold-out table was decorated with a lace table-cloth, two ?candles? lit with their everlasting wicks, and the cake sat on a crystal dish between two plates with silver utensils. A single rose rested on her plate, the deepest red petals and green stem she had ever seen.

Obi-Wan was sitting across the table, having fallen asleep while waiting for her. He was dressed in his cleaned Jedi garb, polished and looking quite handsome. Quiet as a Jawa sneaking past a rancor, she crossed the kitchen and picked up the rose. In a cat-like manner, she crept over to the Jedi, twirling the rose between her fingers.

Aside from when Qui-Gon had died, Sabé had never seen Obi-Wan so vulnerable, and he looked like a precious portrait of an angel. A bitter smirk crossed her face, knowing he had been anything but an angel up until now. Still, her muscles and mind were still putty from the invigorating soak, and she couldn?t find it in her heart to hold a grudge.

Of course, double fudge and caramel was probably played a colossal part in persuasion. The way to a woman?s heart was through chocolate, her father used to say. Sabé smiled fondly at the memory, then turned her attention back to the present. What was the most suitable way to awake her sleeping beauty? Biting back a giggle at the image of Obi-Wan Kenobi draped in long, golden curls and with rosy cheeks, she decided that torturing him would only waste time. They only had the afternoon together, and at the thought, her heart warmed.

Almost timidly, she traced his forehead with the rose, grinning when his eyelashes fluttered. Then he stirred and opened his eyes, for a moment looking lost.

?Good afternoon, sleepy head,? Sabé greeted him.

?Umm?? Obi-Wan yawned in stretched, looking across the table with some misgiving. ?I hope it?s satisfactory.?

?It?s lovely,? Sabé assured him.

?And I didn?t burn the cake, either,? he said, a note of pride in his voice.

Sabé sat down at her plate, setting the rose beside her. Obi-Wan reached for the knife to cut the cake, but then paused. ?Perhaps I should sing??

?Can you?? Sabé asked in surprise.

?Don?t look so shocked. I?m known to play a little piano, too.?

Sabé tried not to look too disbelieving. ?Well . . . I guess so, since you?re the only one around to embarrass me. You did a fine job of that last night.?

Obi-Wan?s face fell, the heavy regret resting in his eyes. ?Sith, Sabé, you should hate me for that. I hate myself. I was an immature idiot, and I can?t believe you haven?t kicked me out.?

?Oh, I wanted to,? Sabé said dryly. ?Put you?re rather heavy to toss out. My attempts at pushing you off the platforms failed. Smegging Force!?

Obi-Wan gave a smal

18. Healer Apprentice Lina

Jun 1, 2000
    That was such a sweet last post, Amidolee!
    The master of writing sabe/obi fics!
    It lightened up my horrible mood today!

19. Dark_Soldier

Dark_Soldier Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2000
    Wonderful writing, Ami!
    The end was so sweet!
    She is indeed the Queen of Sabé/Obi fics!

20. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    Thanx guys! :) I was thinking of doing kareoki at one time . . . but that would have extended everything and it was a short story. I'm going to be writing an AU of stuff between EP3 and the OT sometime soon.

21. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    ah.. MORE!

Okay, i don't like the way the forum is set up now. It's too... plain...

22. Angel_of_Naboo

Angel_of_Naboo Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2000
    This was soooooooooo good, Ami! Are you planning on another Sabé/Obi-Wan fic? That'd be wonderful! I could never grow tired of your so wonderful Sabé stories!

23. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    Actually, I am doing another story, except it isn't Sabe/Obi. It takes place after Embers, but she's alive, and it's going to change the course of the movies. I don't know when it will be posted yet, beings how I don't have a name and have only writter one full post. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.