main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Bits and Pieces (USJS-inspired, Qui/Obi/OC AU response to UDC 7 Week 20 - complete)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by K'Tai qel Letta-Tanku, May 11, 2013.

1. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Fascinating, charming series of miniatures, and beautifully written! I'm with Derisa: it's fun to bask in the tension between figure out the larger narrative and just enjoying the gemlike moments. Interesting to see Obi-Wan Kenobi as a "married man"—or sesenche'ai (a "K'Tai Original," or established?). The role doesn't suit him badly at all, and I like the idea of his bond with K'Tai possibly serving as a model to Anakin of the right way to be attached to someone. Also very cool to see an insider's view of the Jedi training process—definitely something I'll be looking to for inspiration in writing about the training processes of a different GFFA mystical tradition. I think I'll check out the original "Ultra-Stressed Jedi Students" stories next.

Bravissima! :)

2. K'Tai qel Letta-Tanku

K'Tai qel Letta-Tanku Jedi Grand Master star 3

Apr 18, 2000
    Findswoman: sesench'ai is original as are the Tal'shari. I wanted to play with the idea that there might be another closely related but distinctly different tradition of Force-users from the Jedi and explore the role of attachment and the understanding of duality in the Force. Good luck with the USJS threads. They were truncated in the move over here and I don't know if they have been restored. However, my daughter was able to piece together the gist of the story, so it may not be too bad.

Ewok Poet and Findswoman like this.
  3. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    Okay, I finally got around to reading this (just a year and a half late, never mind) and I found it both fantastic and frustrating. Fantastic, because we get a glimpse of your characters at different points of their lives (T'lor/Laren in particular is very intriguing, and I'm very, very curious to read more about her adventures, but also adult!K'tai who was on Alderaan looking after Leia ?!?!?) and frustrating, because it left me with a taste of not enough. I can feel that there are hundreds of thousands of words of stories that have been written and truncated, or that haven't been written yet, and I want to read them all! =P~

Seriously though, I really enjoyed how you built this universe with random little touches -- that are clearly not as random as they seem.

Findswoman (and K'tai) I've been able to recover quite a bit of the USJS threads on the Wayback machine, do you want the links?

4. K'Tai qel Letta-Tanku

K'Tai qel Letta-Tanku Jedi Grand Master star 3

Apr 18, 2000
    Chyntuck: Thank you! The drabble format let me get back into the universe and write scenes that can rumminate until they are ready to be full fledged scenes or stories. And yes, I would love the links to the USJS. Sometimes I want to reference something from that time, but I only have the stuff I wrote.

Findswoman likes this.
  5. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
  6. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    "The Ultra-Stressed Jedi Students Go to Town"... "The Ultra-Stressed Jedi Students' Life Day Adventure"... "The Ultra-Stressed Jedi Students Aren't Dead Yet"... :D

(And yes, that last one has a real life basis: Anton Is Not Dead Yet is—and I am not making this up—the title of one of a real-life series of 1790s Viennese singspiels that are all about a guy named Anton.)

Thanks so much, Chyntuck, for digging those up!