main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT Black Angel uk short pre Empire

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by darthfettus2015, Dec 5, 2020.

1. darthfettus2015

darthfettus2015 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2012
    just seen this on You Tube. i saw Empire on release im my local cinema in 1980 aged 8 and forgot there was a short released with it in the UK called The Black Angel a story about a medieval Knight. I had no memory of it but think i might now. Anyone else remember? Its low budget but has some lovely landscape cinematography.. was made by one of the set dressing team on Empire. It has a scene in it that George incorporated for his finished classic

SlashMan likes this.
  2. darthfettus2015

Nov 15, 2012
    no one remembers?

3. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    I saw it on youtube. It was all right, for what it was.

darthfettus2015 likes this.
  4. AndyLGR

AndyLGR Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    I remember that it scared the life out of me as a 7 year old watching it before Empire. Very cool to see it back on youtube all these years later.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2021
  5. SlashMan

SlashMan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2012
    I’d love to have seen it as an extra of some sort on physical release, but I can say that the digital transfer for iTunes looks gorgeous. Last I heard, it was still being turned into a feature film. With the gorgeous filming locations, they didn’t need much of a budget.

I’m intrigued by a lot of lost media, and I think the Star Wars association really helped bring notability to this short film. With how well Lucasfilm keeps their archives, not much has been truly “lost” over the years. Though there’s plenty that is intentionally not released (Holiday Special).

6. darthfettus2015

Nov 15, 2012
    thanks for the replies guys.. i love the history of cinema and this is a golden nugget of history