main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chic, IL Black Sun Collectors Club Informational Thread

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by JediAutobot, May 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Schph_Gochi

Schph_Gochi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2002
    I got a feeling that the Plo Koon Jedi Starfighter is going to be one of those impossible to find items...

...and I am sure that checked all the local places that I would go for those cup sets...they seemed to have "dried up"....they were one of the items I decided not to collect...

2. Texxun_raider

Texxun_raider Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 6, 2005
    don't know if anyone is interested or not, but i found the super D figures at k mart in tinley. they had: darth maul, vader, yoda, boba, and stormtrooper.

3. JediAutobot

JediAutobot Jedi Master star 4

Dec 3, 2000
    ooh, I am interested. Darth Maul and Yoda were Japan only when the Palm Talkers orginally came out.

4. JediGeek

JediGeek Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 7, 2003
    Target also has out some new Star Wars Christmas items. Yes, I said CHRISTMAS. Anyway, they have a cool little water globe of Yoda (dressed like his Holiday Edition figure) that plays "Let it Snow", as well as several diffenent types of ornaments.

If you're interested, go to the Halloween section [face_pumpkin] (oh yeah, you might find a Darth Vader Candy Jar in that section). The few isles they have of Christmas items are usually next to the Halloween isles. Happy hunting!

5. Schph_Gochi

Jun 17, 2002
    Christmas!!!!
    :eek:
    egad....don't even want to think about that...
    I purchased all of the Hallmark Ornaments back in July...I think that will be all of my official Christmas purchases...that and the rather crummy looking Holiday Vader...
    :oops:

6. Texxun_raider

Jun 6, 2005
    if you want some super d figures, let me know which ones, i will see who has the ones you want. now i have to go to target to get a vader candy jar, and i think we will be getting the red "holiday vader", my hubby thinks it's cool. i thin kit looks a little goofy. tru in orland has TONS of stuff. they are stocked to the ceiling. and they still have 500th figures.

7. JediGeek

Nov 7, 2003
    Looks like they cancelled the June 2006 Kane County Antique Toy & Doll Show. Probably a wise choice. It never really drew many vendors.

8. JediFalcon25

JediFalcon25 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 24, 2004
    Has anyone seen any of the Target Exclusives, like the new Lava Reflection Obi-Wan and Darth Vader?Since the Sith toys came out i have never seen the Republic Gunship anywhere in the Chicago area, i bought mine in Indianapolis, when i went to C3.

9. nalan1138

nalan1138 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 2, 2002
    Lava reflection Vader came out wayyyyy back on April 2nd/3rd I have not even heard of a lava reflection Obi wan, then again I didnt know there was a vader candy jar out either.

Anywho, been seeing lots of those, jedi vs sepratist and battle of hoth multipacks Plus I got the evolutions clone/stormtrooper and sith 3 packs.

Oh and if anyone is looking for the elusive obi-wan jedistarfighter(blue one with the figure) I found a few at Gurney Mills TRU

The only republic gunship I ever saw was in Lt Dak's hands during the toy run, and at Leslie's house

Oh and the target x mas ornaments are not half bad, But that yoda snow globe is worth the 16 bucks, Itll still be better than the Vader dipped in red paint from SWshop.com

OH and I have seen plenty of the new tie fighters with super huge wings too.

10. JediAutobot

Dec 3, 2000
    The Lava reflection that she is talking about are two brand new figures. The Lava Vader is just the pre-cut off limbs Anakin figure, not the original Target Lava Vader (cut off limbs Anakin btw)and Obi-Wan is the perfect complement to that figure, because you know he is the cut off limber.

To put that in English, there are two figures coming out that portray the duel between Anakin and Obi and they have the lava reflection look applied to them.

And to circle back, no I haven't seen them.

11. JediFalcon25

JediFalcon25 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 24, 2004
    Jedi Autobot, you got it those are the ones im talking about, oh by the way you called me "she", i met you at the Kane county show,you know im a "he".

12. Texxun_raider

Jun 6, 2005
    k-b toys in orland has a new multi pack. kit fisto, blue guard, dooku, SILVER vader, luminara, and i can't remember the others. vader looks really cool. $39.99. i have not seen this before, ever. so if you guys are collecting multi packs they had about
    4-5 sets.

13. nalan1138

Mar 2, 2002
    Any one need an Obi wan starfighter, the blue one that was a TRU exclusive? PM me if ya do

And now we are labeling each other as "she" or "he" What kind of world do we live in.

(Plus i think she may have thought you were Texxun Raider)

14. JediAutobot

Dec 3, 2000
    Sorry bout that, your post was right next to jedigeek's and I read them both together, thus the "she"

15. JediAutobot

Dec 3, 2000
    I also want to remind everyone that the Kane County Toy Show is coming up shortly. It's a Sunday morning show, in a few Sunday's.

Let the anticpation start....now!

16. nalan1138

Mar 2, 2002
    Looks like the Entertainment Earth-Exclusive Star Wars Astromech Droid action figure sets, originally scheduled for December, have been pushed back to January 2006 but no one is surprised about that right?

17. Schph_Gochi

Jun 17, 2002
    lol...no...not surprised at that at all..
    my prediction was that December meant February...
    and...
    I still bet on that..
    ;)

18. JediAutobot

Dec 3, 2000
    In case you hadn't heard, Kellogg's is putting lightsaber spoons in the cereal again for the DVD release.

Here's hoping they'll actually be some green and blue sabers this time!

19. Schph_Gochi

Jun 17, 2002
    really....they actually made green and blue?

Man...I don't think my stomach can handle any more of that super sweet cereal that they put them in last time....

[face_sick]

20. Texxun_raider

Jun 6, 2005
    hey guys! i found the new sith evolutions and clone trooper evolutions packs at target in crestwood along with obi,grevious, and clone trooper cup sets. there were 3 trooper and 2 sith evolutions packs and 2 greivous cup sets. of course i bought one of each. i haven't looked at the orland store yet but i will get there tomorrow as wel as the matteson store. i will let you guys know what i find.

21. JediGeek

Nov 7, 2003
    They had the Jedi vs Sith and Rebels vs Imperials sets at the Target in Schaumburg yesterday. But they were, yet again, the same figures repackaged so I took a pass on both of them. But I did pick up the Darth Vader figure/cup set there. I hadn't seen any of those in a while.

22. Texxun_raider

Jun 6, 2005
    how many vader sets were there? i need one of those. but they aren't in my area yet. maybe i will go to the other stores right now in hopes to find them. thanks jedigeek.

23. Lt_Dak-Ferris

Lt_Dak-Ferris Jedi Youngling star 3

May 26, 2003
    I just thought I'd share this with you guys. As you know I've been posting at rebelscum.com for a while. Mostly, I post in the Chicago section under "Look What I Found." Mostly, it's a way for collectors to help each other out on what they are finding in the area. Occasionally, some crazy stuff goes down. This story, however, is the craziest thing I've ever heard of in Star Wars collecting.

Here's the post from "Skullface", a Target employee who has been very helpful with his info:

To whomever came into the Lemont Target Wednesday asking for me and impersonating a "Federal Marshall", we have you on videotape, and a copy has been submitted to the Lemont Police. If you are smart, you will NOT come back to the store, or police will be involved, as not only were you attempting to harass someone at their place of business, but you impersonated a government official, which is a criminal offense, punishable by jail time.

For those curious, this person came into MY place of business, where I earn my living with a printout of my post a few pages back regarding my comment about recommending people not come to my store for the exclusives, as I would be trying to get enough for myself and my couple buddies. Nowhere in that post was it said that anybody would be specifically turned away, nor did I say I would purchase everything that came into the store. Well this guy claimed - are you all sitting down? - to be "assisting" Federal Marshalls with an ongoing investigation regarding Star Wars Exclusives and store employees purchasing them before they even hit the floor.

Hilarious, I know.....

Without even acknowledging how absurd that claim of an investigation sounds, the guy doesn't even ask to speak to a manager, just starts asking random people on the salesfloor. Luckily for me, he asked the 2 people in the store that would have my back before anybody else would. Their first question to him before they even went to call a manager over was if he had any ID proving his claim of government title. Of course, he didn't. Once he realized he'd gotten himself in too far, he gave up and left.

I would normally think something like this is extremely far-fetched and funny as hell, except that Target takes things like this very seriously, for safety concerns. When someone is pathetic enough to come to my job, making all these false claims & accusations, THAT affects me personally & professionally. So I had to try and make sense of all this and explain to my boss, who fortunately thought it was all a riot, but it still isn't all that funny:

I have a 21 month old son, a wife, a house and bills that need to get paid. If someone has the nerve to come and interfere with my ability to have a job, that's where I draw the line. So to whoever you are out there, every single thing that I can legally do to you is all ready to go. All we need is for you to be dumb enough to come back into the store. Charges are prepped, reports have been filled out & have been filed. Oh, and the best thing? Because this happened at my work, I had to be ON THE CLOCK the whole time I was doing all this, so I got paid that much more.

So I guess this will be my last post here, as I thought being helpful was welcomed by the board members here. Thanks for a fun month. Oh, and to at least stay on-topic, I didn't see much today, but at my store, Unleashed figures have been marked clearance for 50% off. We had 1 Vader, 2 Sidious/Yodas, & TONS of Ventresses left for $7.48 each.....

Oh, and we have all the exclusives in-stock, but we won't be selling them until the endcap goes up for them around the 16th. 3 cases of Lava figures, 3 cases of trooper 5-packs, and 4 cases of Plo Koon's Starfighter. I'm guessing that the Shadowtrooper won't hit until closer to the time of the DVD release, maybe even later than that....

You can read the whole thread

24. Schph_Gochi

Jun 17, 2002
    good lord...
    exactly why a lot more collecting is NOT in my future...

And ...Jedi Geek...
    When we are coming home from the Fort Wayne Mitchell Books ROTS DVD release event...
    we have GOT to find some 24 hour Wal-Marts...

They are supposed to have the exlusive DVD Release figure packs like the release of the OT on DVD....I really want those!
    I took the day off after the OT DVD release for obvious reasons (didn't get home till like 3:00 am..which is when I am already getting ready for work) and went out at like 9:00 am to pick up those exclusive OT Release packs...and they were almost all gone...I managed to get the last one of the ROTJ Pack...and it was pretty mangled...

25. Texxun_raider

Jun 6, 2005
    actually, we were having a problem with target employee's in our area buying stuff before it hit the shelf. the target in crestwood has been reported for such an event. i know the district executive and her store was reported. so this is not as far fetched as it sounds. but as for the impersonating an officer of the law, that's a federal offense and very stupid. nothing that bad happened down here.
    but on the target note... a few of us are gathering at the grand opening of the super target in tinley park tomorrow morning. anyone who wants to join is more than welcome. maybe some new stuff will hit the shelves with the new store opening. you never know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.