main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Black, White, Grey and Red - Ben Skywalker [DDC 2013] - Updated Aug 1st

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Briannakin , Jan 1, 2013.

1. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Luke really IS the best father ever. [:D]

Jade_eyes likes this.
  2. EmeraldJediFire

EmeraldJediFire Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2012
    awww, that was so adorable. The profics made Luke a terrible father..but that's far from the truth. you righted it.

immertreu, Lady_Misty and Jade_eyes like this.
  3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Oh, that was real and touching, so very touching!!! The talk, the tears, and the vegging out on take out with movies LOL A great much-needed family d'awww moment. :) [:D] [:D]

4. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    The profics really shortchanged Luke when it came to fatherhood. But Owen cared for Luke and I'd bet my laptop that Luke's problems with his uncle were stemming from the fact that Luke wanted to leave Tatooine but Owen came up with excuses for Luke to stay. Some of them could have been real but Owen wanted to keep Luke safe.

Luke does well as a father since he barely knew his father and his uncle seemed to be a tough person.

Ben has a lot on his mind and in his heart. But the sooner he tells his father that he asked her to keep Jacen's actions to herself the sooner Ben can stop blaming himself for her choices.

immertreu likes this.
  5. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Very sweet.

6. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Like this father - son together coming to talk about the loss.
    A great diary
    Tag please:)

Jade_eyes likes this.
  7. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    I love the guys'-night-in scene. It was very cute. I could almost smell the... ah... Durese take-out. Mmm... General Stazi's Nuna...

It is nice to see Luke in a fatherly role. Parenting isn't anything that comes naturally. One has to work to earn their title.

8. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    I've been terrible about commenting on this and I'm so sorry for that. It's not because I'm not enjoying it, quite the opposite actualIy... I absolutely LOVE it!

When Luke told Ben about the note Mara left and how Ben's note made him feel it about killed me!
    I love the relationship they are developing here... it really warms my heart!

=D=

I can't wait to read more!
    If it's not too much trouble, could you send me a PM instead of a tag? I get so many tags for so many things that update tags kinda fall through the cracks. :( If it's too much work, that's okay too! :)

9. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Yup, I can. I have to PM the sock anyways when I update, which I often forget to do. Maybe now I'll actually remember to do that.

If anyone else wants a PM instead of a tag, let me know :)

10. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    Luke and Ben definitely needed that moment together. A fresh start (after they clean up all the take out boxes). ;)

Jade_eyes likes this.
  11. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Thanks everyone for reading :)

Tag list: @Lady_Misty TrakNar earlybird-obi-wan immertreu Hazel lukemaraben Katana_Sundancer

Data-pad: On.
    Entry 9

The past few weeks have been good. I mean, the galaxy hasn’t imploded, no Sith have shown up at our doorstep and my father and I are talking about stuff. He’s trying to convince me that my mother’s death wasn’t my fault, but I know better. But I’m listening to him and he’s listening to me.

We went over to my aunt’s and uncle’s apartment for dinner this evening. Last time we had a ‘normal’ family dinner, things were so different. Mom was with us back then. And Jacen was still… Jacen and… alive. Two new members joined us tonight, Allana and Jag, or as Uncle Han calls him – Captain Cardboard.

Before dinner, I helped Allana with a holo-puzzle on the floor. She doesn’t exactly know me that well, but I didn’t want to interrupt Jaina’s and Jag’s mushy time, Dad’s and Uncle Han’s reminiscing about the ‘good old days,’ or Aunt Leia’s ‘cooking.’ Allana is very shy, so it was a bit awkward. I was kinda glad when Aunt Leia announced supper was ready… until I saw it.

Spiceloaf.

WHY MUST I BE TORTURED BY SOLOS!!!!!

I think she made spiceloaf last time we were over. If I didn’t know better, I’d say it was the same spiceloaf she served us nearly a year and a half ago – it was THAT dry.

Dinner was going smoothly (except for the food) and I even suggested that we do this more often. Then my aunt asked me how’d my appointment with Dr. Maalanra went.

I can’t lie to my Aunt Leia – I inherited my father’s sabacc face, or lack there-of. “My, uh, whole crash landing accident happened before I could go.”

My aunt turned to my dad. “That was a month ago. Why didn’t you rebook it?”

“Ben crash landed on an abandoned planet to get out of it the first time. I wasn’t going to force him to go a second.”

Aunt Leia gave him her ‘I’m fed up with your excuses’ look, before turning kind eyes to me. “I won’t bring it up again, but please consider going with your father to see Dr. Maalanra.”

“I’d be willing to go with you Dad. You made it sound like I had to go and babble to some dude alone.”

A guilty look crossed my dad’s face. “I didn’t really want to go either.” He let out a sigh. “But I’ll go with you. It’ll be good for us.”

“Thank you,” Aunt Leia said, sounding a bit too satisfied.

Entry Saved
    Data-pad: Off.

Jade_eyes likes this.
  12. EmeraldJediFire

EmeraldJediFire Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2012
    Well, looks like the healing process is continuing

13. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Poor Jag...he got the nickname Captain Cardboard at least seven years ago...I think that is when I first heard it...and he still has it. The only thing that changed is his rank. [face_laugh]

I am glad Ben and Luke will go to the appointment together...they are both going through the trauma of losing Mara. They both need help healing.

Jade_eyes likes this.
  14. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    It's great to see father and son healing together. :)

Jade_eyes likes this.
  15. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Love how things are continuing to progress and I had to LOL over the spiceloaf comment :rolleyes: Leia's concern is palpable. Good sign that it didn't make Ben or Luke defensive about seeing a therapist. [face_thinking] Means they're closer to being ready, and they should go together. A sympathetic but emotionally not caught up in the loss type point of view will help each let go of guilt/self-blame. @};-

16. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    That was interesting to say the least.

I half expected things to dissolve over supper. The spiceloaf thing sort of started things off last time if I remember correctly.

Leia, Han, Jaina and Allana might need to go if they haven't gone yet.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

"The Starman and Moon Goddess."

17. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Nice update and healing on the way?

18. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    I love how Ben wanted to go WITH his dad. I hope they can heal together.

19. lukemaraben

lukemaraben Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 2, 2012
    It's been awhile since I've been on, but I love this!! Your Luke and Ben are great!!!!=D=

20. immertreu

immertreu Jedi Master star 2

Feb 4, 2012
    Love that father and son are finally working things out. Healing takes time.

Tsk, Leia can be a little pushy sometimes. ;) But I'm glad Luke and Ben decided to go together.

21. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    I love that even with all that he's been through he can still be a teenager, with the food comments. :)

“Ben crash landed on an abandoned planet to get out of it the first time. I wasn’t going to force him to go a second.”
    He makes a good point here... I don't think I'd push eithe, but I love that they are going together!

Good update! I look forward to more!
    =D=

22. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Thanks for reading everyone.
    Tag list: @Lady_Misty TrakNar earlybird-obi-wan immertreu Hazel lukemaraben Katana_Sundancer

PM List: Mavjade

Data-pad: On.
    Entry 10

So, my dad and I went to visit Dr. Maalanra today. It wasn’t nearly as awkward as I thought it was going to be, but it was still quite odd. I’m rather tired, but I want to get this down.

We walked into his office and a human, about my dad’s age, welcomed us and introduced himself to us as Dr. Maalanra. He said we could call him Kegin (which is much easier to type) and asked me to tell him a bit about myself. I told him the basics: Ben Skywalker, 14, Jedi knight, kid to super-famous Jedi, blah, blah, blah.

Kegin then turned to my dad and asked him to tell us a little about himself. “Well, you both know pretty much everything. I never knew my mother, I’m not even sure where I was born. I grew up on Tatooine.” He went on to say he was 59, Grand Master of the Jedi order and the father of the best son in the galaxy (no, seriously, he said that).
    I gagged. “Must you go all mushy on me?”

“But it’s true. You have handled so much over the past two years. I’m proud of you.”

Kegin nodded. “Can we go into that? That is why you two are here, correct?”

“We are here because my aunt is a nosy—”

“Ben,” my dad cut me off before I could curse. “We are here to heal.” He turned back to Kegin. “We are here because Ben suffered a lot in the past civil war. I did too.”

“Alright,” he said. “Where should we start?”

We started with Jacen. Kegin asked my dad to recall all the things Jacen did to me and then asked me to recall all the things Jacen did to my dad. Kegin pointed out that there was a lot of overlap. “You know,” he said, “I can sit down with each one of you two men for hours and we can talk through what Jacen did, but it would take a long while for me to understand just how much he hurt you two. You two already know what he did. I suggest talking with each other often. It will do so much more than I can do. Now, you mentioned the loss of your wife, Luke, can you go into more depth about that?”

My dad let out a deep breath. “Like I said before, Jacen killed Mara, but we didn’t know that right away. Her death affected me more than I care to admit.”

I glared at my father. “Her death affected you? You wanted to die with her.”

My dad nodded. “Yes, for a while there, I did. But now, I know I’m needed and wanted here.”

Kegin let out a small noise. He asked something that shook my world. “Luke, if you found out that you were going to die tomorrow, would you be sad?”

“No,” my dad said simply. I guess my shock radiated though the Force. “I’d miss you, Ben, terribly and I want to assure you that I’m not suicidal.”

“That’s the thing, Dad.” I nearly started crying. “In your line of work, that kind of thinking is suicidal.”

“Ben?” Kegin said softly. “Tell your father how you would react if he died tomorrow.”

I looked my dad in the eye. “It would probably kill me.”

It was my dad’s turn to be shocked. “Ben… I’m sorry. You were so strong after your mom’s death, I guess I just assumed you didn’t need, or want me, anymore.”

“Dad, I may not want you – I am fourteen after all – but I will always need you.”

My dad smiled slightly. “And now I know. Thank you. I haven’t been acting like a father of a young son when it comes to morality. I miss your mother terribly and sometimes that blinds my judgment. I often forget that you are only fourteen.”

Kegin went on. He kinda more or less diagnosed me with post-traumatic stress disorder (it’s a difficult diagnosis to pinpoint exactly), but he said I’m coping tremendously. He wants to see me every few weeks – sometimes with, sometimes without my dad – to talk about how I’m doing and to go over some anger problems I may have and how to deal with them. He also wants me to keep a journal of my life (ha) and to write down any dreams I have.

Entry Saved
    Data-pad: Off.

SHADOW_MASTER_W likes this.
  23. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Wow =D= Very intense session

24. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Excellent update. I'm surprised that the entire galaxy isn't in therapy after the Vong war.

Lady_Misty likes this.
  25. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    My councilor told me to chart my moods awhile back so I did and realized that something important that upset me.

But at least they have talked and the guy seems nice. Come to think of it ALL the Skywalker/Solo Family needs to see a councilor.