main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Blade Runner (Original, Black Lotus, 2049, 2099)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Merlin_Ambrosius69, May 12, 2013.

1. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    Certainly it's not as necessary as Valarian is.

I enjoyed 2049 as much the second time as the first. The fact it didn't make as much money as hoped doesn't mean it was a mistake.

2. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    and frankly speaking, I can understand him feeling protective of the first film and wanting it to be reaosnably self-contained.

3. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    Yeah, I can understand his feelings, but it is not a bad film at all. Highlander wishes it had a sequel this good.

4. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    His criticism isn't necessarily wrong, either, but I think of 2049 more as a film set in the universe than a continuation of the themes of the original. And I think instead of the "question", the film has to be looked at for its ambiguity with respect of the notion of "what happens when replicants are, in effect, asking for the same rights as humans?"

That's why I don't think of it as a strictly defined sequel.

Count Yubnub likes this.
  5. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Joi was absolutely in love with K. Because she was programmed to. But it was a true, deep love right until the last moment. As advertised.

Just because emotions and feelings are programmed doesn't mean they're not real. Which is a huge theme of both films but I'd say it's the main theme of 2049. I think the original Blade Runner rather answers the question definitively yes that the Replicants are "alive" and the 2nd one is more about do their emotions count? Also yes!

Last edited: Feb 20, 2018
  6. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Then again, he also thought Covenant was a good idea.

jp-30 likes this.
  7. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    another insightful Arawn post.

8. Adam of Nuchtern

Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
  9. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
  10. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Both of it's wins at the Oscars were totally well deserved. I mean, obviously, it should have been nominated and won more but its wins were gold.

11. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    You're not disappointed that Harrison Ford didn't drop an MF in it? Or there weren't more bewbs? You've grown, Alfred.

Deakin I'm sure is happy a film with a lot of CGI got him the gong and not his other works. BR2049 was great in every respect except its soundtrack, which BWAAAAAAAA didn't win thankfully BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAOW Hans really we're trying to be immer BWAAAAAAAA I swear to god man...

Gamiel likes this.
  12. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Chosen One star 5

Apr 7, 2000
    Well deserved wins :)

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  13. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    It's giving it another go-round.

https://screenrant.com/highlander-reboot-script-release-date/

14. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
  15. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    That was one of the most disturbing sex scenes I've ever seen. It's up there with the hag from The Shining. I kept waiting for K to violently reject the proposition. I would have, I was freaked out.

Really connects a disturbing image to the action of thinking of someone else and seeing someone else's face while in bed.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2018
    BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  16. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
  17. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  18. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
  19. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    "Replicants are like any other machine. They're either a benefit or a hazard. If they're a benefit, it's not my problem."

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  20. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    Is it just me, or is one of the sets from Blade Runner 2049 used in the current run of Taco Bell commercials?

21. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    The tv series

And so I’ve been told that the series is being developed right now, although no details are set.

As it says, there is a casting issue.

22. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I'd be more concerned about production value and cinematography than casting. Yeah, it'd be a shame to recast the leads after 2049 went to such digital lengths to maintain casting continuity with the first film, but 2049 created such a massive shadow visually to try and follow I'd hate to see it downgraded if this series is intended to continue the "main" storyline.

That said, I'd also be fine with a smaller-scale series following a different storyline within the same universe- or even an anthology like the short film prequels they made for 2049.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  23. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Blade Runner the anime

The cable channel has partnered with Alcon Television Group and anime streaming outlet Crunchyroll to produce Blade Runner — Black Lotus, a 13-episode series inspired by Blade Runner 2049, the sequel to Ridley Scott's 1982 classic.

The series green light follows Alcon's deal with Titan Comics to continue the franchise in a series of comic books, with 2049screenwriter Michael Green and Mike Johnson set to write.

Details of the plot are being kept quiet for now, but Black Lotus will be set in the year 2032, in between the two films, and include some familiar characters from the Blade Runner universe.

24. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Fantastic news- can't wait.

25. duende

duende Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 28, 2006
    when does the home alone anime come out?