main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

'Blame Nat' sequel to What if Anakin met Natalie.(upd 07/30 "I love palpy"

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by sabrelight, Oct 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sabrelight

sabrelight Jedi Master star 4

Dec 21, 2000
    Sorry I disappeared again, but this time my comp is to blame. My power supply blew and due to lack of free time it took me almost 6 weks to repair it.

Then I had to sort and install about 100 MB of data that I'd just dumped into the drive.

But all this while I have been working on "Knight of Darkness' I must've written and rejected about 7 posts up until now. I'm halfwave throught the eight rewrite and hoping that my personal editor (me) passes it when I finish it.

I'm also halfway through a post for this fic.

2. Wes_Janson

Wes_Janson Jedi Youngling star 5

Mar 17, 2004
    Halfway through ?

So that means a post soon, right ?

pokepoke.

3. sabrelight

Dec 21, 2000
    I've some time this week, so I am hoping to find some time to write a post for this fic. BTW I posted to 'Knight of darkness'

4. sabrelight

Dec 21, 2000
    OK guys, I finished my second post for 'KNight of Darkness, next is this fic. I'm PM you guys if I'm not in too much of a hurry.

5. sabrelight

Dec 21, 2000
    I'm working on a post at this moment.

6. Wes_Janson

Mar 17, 2004
    Youd better be ;)

+1 and uppers.

7. Wes_Janson

Mar 17, 2004
  8. Wes_Janson

Mar 17, 2004
  9. Wes_Janson

Mar 17, 2004
    Uppers.

Error: Only 1 message post per minute is allowed. (<mesa hate that)

10. sabrelight

Dec 21, 2000
    I'm back. (With my third rewrite of the post.) I just hope its consistent with the rest of the fic. One tends to forget details when one hasn't updated or reread ones fic since several months. But hre its-Anakin headaches.

Anakin stared at the tireless traffic that crisscrossed across the city skyline, never sleeping, never resting; somehow, the endless lines reflected his own restlessness. Was there ever an end to problems? Suddenly he felt tired and inexplicably exhausted he just wanted to lie down and forget everything else.

Perhaps some day he would, he would leave the order and take control of his life-A life with his wife and future children. But that was all in the future, he had much to before he could get anywhere near that dream.

First he had to convince Nat to stay here in his time and galaxy, and forget about her family-a difficult task made more difficult by the fact that he?d made promises to her. And even if she did opt to stay here there was the immediate problem of accommodations and supporting his family.

True, the Jedi Order met all the needs of individual Jedi and provided for their meals and accommodations, their medical care and general well being from the time they entered the temple till death. But Jedi were not paid-at least not regular wages that could sufficiently support even a small family- and since having families wasn?t a Jedi norm the Order did not make special provisions for the rare cases that did cropped up.

Anakin sighed heavily, thinking about his last meeting with the Jedi council. He had asked them for just that, a special provision for him concerning accommodations for his wife. When they had refused he had offered to give his child to the temple if she was force sensitive-even though he hadn?t discussed that with his wife.

Sure, the people of this galaxy were mostly honored when their child was chosen for Jedi training but he didn?t know how she?d react and in all this running about from Coruscant to Theed and umpteen missions in between he?d never had a chance to discuss the future of their child-But as it so happened the council had not been moved.
    ?Naturally we will accept the child, Mace Windu hadexplained but there are some rules; rules that cannot be changed or broken.? Anakin had left disappointed and helmed in more than ever with the burden of his burgeoning problems.

So he?d come to the Senate Building in a very sour and hopeless mood. Palpatine was his last hope to give him temporary accommodations till he was able to somehow support his family himself. But there were a couple of things he had to attend to first. Amidala?s killers-he couldn?t rest. Day and night the rage burned inside him, thinking of those murderers eating, drinking and enjoying life while the kindest of souls that was Senator Padmé had been robbed of her?s, least he could do was bring her killers to justice. And there was still the question of his trials. Anakin felt that the council would be more accommodating after he became a Jedi Knight.

The door behind him opened. A large animated group of humans and non-humans exited from Palpatine?s office. Anakin waited for Palpatine?s aid to invite him in before he went inside.

He was relieved to find the Chancellor sitting alone at his spacious desk.

?Welcome, Anakin.? The chancellor said in his usual calm and soothing voice, which immediately set Anakin?s agitated mind at peace.

Anakin bowed his head in Jedi greeting.

?What can I do for you?? Palpatine said, indicating the chair in front of his desk. Anakin sat down beaming. This man always managed to put him at ease. He was just another Padawan but Palpatine always made him feel important and special. He wondered for the hundredth time why Natalie was so wary of him, considering the fact that she?d just met him once or twice. Anakin had tried to reason with her that Palpatine was the kindest man in the universe but she?d stuck to her own arguments. Women were so unreasonable sometimes, he thought.

11. sabrelight

Dec 21, 2000
  12. katha

katha Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jan 30, 2002
    Great post sabrelight.. I'm glad to see you back.

I had a little catching up to do on the story myself, now I really can't wait for the next post :)

13. sabrelight

Dec 21, 2000
    Thanks Katha, I'm hoping to really getthings rolling before things start moving again. I didn't read the back story and I'm hoping I've not ovrlooked something.

14. Wes_Janson

Mar 17, 2004
    Ohhh, a new post :) Yippe.

And well written, at that.

15. sabrelight

Dec 21, 2000
    Thanks Wes

16. sabrelight

Dec 21, 2000
  17. eward16

eward16 Jedi Youngling

Oct 23, 2004
    love the story:)

up

18. sabrelight

Dec 21, 2000
    Thanks and welcome evard, any new readers are welcomed things have slowed much on the classic boards and the mods won't let me repost this fic on the saga board because it is an actor fic. But I'm going to try again to convince them.

Sorry for neglecting this fic! Lately I've been giving all my attention to 'Knight of darkness' but I'm hoping to, at least occasionally update the othr fics too.

19. sabrelight

Dec 21, 2000
  20. powerfulforce

powerfulforce Jedi Grand Master star 3

Mar 16, 2005
    New to post, spent all last night reading fanfic. May I add to this story?

21. sabrelight

Dec 21, 2000
    Glad you like this fic. This fic is co written by me and Bellyup. Unfortunately it seems both of us have been pretty embroiled lately. Could you PM me the post first, I have to see that it doesn't deviate much from our original story line. I'l have to get in touch with my co writer too.

22. powerfulforce

Mar 16, 2005
    Hey Sabre. I was wondering to see if you received my private message last night. Please reply soon. I love this story!!! Up!

23. powerfulforce

Mar 16, 2005
    Keep posting Sabre, I love your work

24. sabrelight

Dec 21, 2000
    Powerfulforce I will have to ask you to remove the above post. This story is not a round robin, it has a story line that is mostly decided.

If you want to, you may post the story which you asked permission by PM.

I'm really sorry about this but this story has a couple of surprises still and your post conflicts totally with what we have in mind for this fic.

25. powerfulforce

Mar 16, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.