main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chic, IL Blatent drive for post #2000

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by JediJeff13, Dec 6, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bosh_Talk

Bosh_Talk Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    I like the Darwin Fish myself. But the Fundies came out with a Jesus-Fish eating a Darwin-Fish. Those Fundies sure are clever with their gimmicks.

2. NOT_JediJeff

NOT_JediJeff Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 18, 2000
    Yo. I'm back. You guys miss me? No? Well stick it.

Anyway - here goes. This week's horoscopes:

Aries: (March 21?April 19)
    This week, envy rears its ugly head, realizes there's nothing enviable about you, blinks a couple times, and goes back to sleep.

Taurus: (April. 20?May 20)
    One of your biggest problems is your inability to take life as it comes. Another is your ongoing inability to take your own life.

Gemini: (May 21?June 21)
    You have always considered yourself a belt-and-suspenders type, which makes it all the more amusing when your pants fall down anyway.

Cancer: (June 22?July 22)
    You have as bright a future in the area of romance as in just about any other area, as far as that goes.

Leo: (July 23?Aug. 22)
    There are thousands of types of people in the world: The type that divides the world up into two types of people, and the thousands of other types.

Virgo: (Aug. 23?Sept. 22)
    Though you believe otherwise, it is not healthy to prefer the novels of Henry James to actual human contact.

Libra: (Sept. 23?Oct. 23)
    Your fascination with monkeys is so well known that it makes the selection of an unbiased jury nearly impossible.

Scorpio: (Oct. 24?Nov. 21)
    Your conviction that there is a monster under the bed would be a mere eccentricity if you weren't so heavily armed and it was your own bed.

Sagittarius: (Nov. 22?Dec. 21)
    Your bladder-control problems are a thing of the past when you find yourself able to consistently hit a two-inch target at 100 yards.

Capricorn: (Dec. 22?Jan. 19)
    You will finally accept responsibility for your infant daughter. With any luck, she's still where you left her last month.

Aquarius: (Jan. 20?Feb. 18)
    A person can only hide behind one's virginity for so long. Even if, as in your case, it is a particularly harsh and forbidding virginity.

Pisces: (Feb. 19?March 20)
    Your money problems will worsen this week when the other prisoners start trading you for fewer cigarettes than usual.

All I gotta say is "Which one of you told about the monkey thing, huh"????????

3. matt_maul

matt_maul Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 6, 2001

i got a darwin fish tattoo on my leg. no lie.

4. Bosh_Talk

Nov 29, 2000
    I first saw the Darwin Fish as a little plastic thing on the back of people's cars (which is where I'm sure most people saw them). This, I'm guessing is the answer to the Christian Fish. Actually a few weeks ago I saw another one of those plastic things on the back of someone's car that was a Christian Fish eating a Darwin Fish.

I'm more of a Darwin Fish kind of guy but I have to admit that that's pretty funny.

5. JediAutobot

JediAutobot Jedi Master star 4

Dec 3, 2000
    Alright, I can't stand it anymore!
    What do those Darwin fish look like?!?

6. Bosh_Talk

Nov 29, 2000
    A Jesus Fish with legs.

7. JediAutobot

JediAutobot Jedi Master star 4

Dec 3, 2000
    Thank you, makes sense.

8. matt_maul

Jan 6, 2001
  9. DarthJurist

DarthJurist Admin Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 10, 2000
    Wow Matt, that's dedication. How many Darwin-purgatory points do you get for the free advertising?

:)

10. matt_maul

Jan 6, 2001
    Ya know it's funny. With the Jewish faith, my faith of birth and choice, evolution isn't shunned or brushed aside. A lot of contemporary rabbis and scholars actually link Darwin's theorums with theological themes.

The basis of the concept is that life isn't spontaneous. Something had to have created life in this universe. What G-d didn't do, however, is create all the species as we know them today. He didn't say -poof- here's a goldfish or -kabang!- how's about a rottweiler!

Life was created but it was a natural process of evolution that led to the state of affairs as we see them today. It's this theory that I can respect because it doesn't argue cold hard facts, like a lot of Christian views, nor does it push an unlikely idea of life just springing out of primordeal ooze. It's a good balance.

So to answer your question, I don't think it detracts from my spiritual side at all. It's just another aspect in a complex worldview that is becoming increasingly popular. :)

11. matt_maul

Jan 6, 2001
  12. matt_maul

Jan 6, 2001
    duplicate message, feel free to delete this :)

13. JediJeff13

JediJeff13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    Why delete them? We need someone to make fun of, and you're the choice meat of the week! :)

14. matt_maul

Jan 6, 2001
    if everyone else's responses to you are to be used as example, i'll just ignore you and go with the crowd.

in other words, please go away.

15. Rex_Karrde

Rex_Karrde Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 7, 2001
    Just One more day for the EP II New Trailer. Here is some info about it.

"Clone War" New Trailer

Just tought to share this with you guys...

16. JediJeff13

Nov 27, 2000
    matt-maul - picking up on the love for me here.

You can stay.

17. JediGemini

JediGemini Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    Trailer = Wonderful

Makes me wanna miss my sister's graduation and go see the movie four times that day.

18. JediJeff13

Nov 27, 2000
    Well said, Gemini. You are dead right - you should miss your sister's graduation for ATOC. In fact, everyone who is a true fan should miss any family graduation thing when it conflicts with Star Wars.

Oh.....you know who you are. I'm talking to you, ya know!

19. JediGemini

JediGemini Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    Thanks for the support, Jeff! I just gotta break it to her gently. She's 17 and sensitive, you know.

20. DarthJurist

DarthJurist Admin Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 10, 2000
    Some repressed anger there, Jeff?
    Some things or feelings you?d like to express? Hmmm?
    Come on over and take a seat on Dr. Heather?s couch? that?s right, just relax.
    Close your eyes.. relax.. you are going to a nice, happy place.
    DJ sneaks up and wacks Jeff across the head with her family album. [face_devil]

[Cher] Snap Out Of It! [/Cher]

Moral of the story: Star Wars is cool, but family can make your life hell for the rest of your unnatural life.

And Gemini: Family never stops being sensitive, they just hide it better and make you pay down the road. At least in my experience. :_|

You all will just have to take on the burden of having my share of fun... and remember, I want it all back when you return. Wait, I don't think I want anything that Jeff's had fun with.

~H~

21. JediJeff13

Nov 27, 2000
    You can use a diaper wipe to clean off any fun I've left on it.

And speaking of Cher - WHO THE HELL BUYS HER ALBUMS???? How in the world does that annoying "thing" still have a record contract? Could she go away.....please? Cher sucks.

22. KongZilla

KongZilla Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2001
    You don't believe in love after love, Jeff? :)

23. KongZilla

Mar 29, 2001
    Hey Indianapolis and Minneapolis are beating us in posts. Must raise count...

24. matt_maul

Jan 6, 2001
    But how on earth would we do that?

*smirk*

25. KongZilla

Mar 29, 2001
    ... Must raise count ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.