main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

VIDEO Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by moosemousse, May 27, 2015.

1. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    Koji Igarashi is making a new Igavania game. You play as Miriam, an orphan scarred by an alchemist curse which slowly crystallizes her skin. It has already been funded on kickstarter but there's still plenty of time to get in and back it to get exclusive stuffs. I'm really looking forward to it, especially as one of the bonuses to unlock is Iga doing cosplay.

Here's the pitch video:

And here's the kickstarter page:
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/iga/bloodstained-ritual-of-the-night/description

2. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    Here is a pretty insightful interview that sheds some more light on the game. I never played Symphony of the Night (or had much exposure to that whole subgenre in general), but this sounds great. Sadly the thing about Kickstarters is that the games are pretty far off since typically development hasn't even started on them. So I'm sure we'll be revisiting this thread again some time in 2017 as it gets closer to an actual release.

3. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    I would heartily recommend figuring out a way to play Symphony of the Night, it's one of those fondly remembered template classics that actually holds up. There's also a fair number of handheld Castlevania games in the same style that also hold up really well if you want more of that.

And then obviously there's now a whole Metroidvania genre of indie games floating around, though IMO they usually lack that certain something.

4. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    They lack Draculas and Metroids.

Love the style of game, but honestly, we need more Castlevania and Metroid.

5. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Bloodstained has just over an hour to go and is now the top Kickstarter video game project of all time, almost certainly closing at over US$5.4 million and might make its US$5.5 million goal of a boss revenge mode. Edit: They closed north of US$5.5 million after processing.

Since they passed the 5mil mark we can look forward to procedurally generated dungeons. DAT REPLAY VALUE. And David Hayter. DAT PARROT EXPOSITION.

While I don't pre-order games or buy in on Kickstarters... man, this might be Day One for me come that all too distant day in May 2017.

6. SensationalSean

SensationalSean Jedi Master star 3

Dec 19, 2014
    Iga has announced 8-bit-style prequel Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon, out on May 24th.

Free for backers $28 and above, $10 for general release.

(Squeeeeee!)