main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Blue Jar Jar Cult, now with more cowbell! The Fan Fic Social Thread Shoots Lazers

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by The_Face, Aug 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SithGirl132

SithGirl132 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 6, 2005
    I'm moving in a week, haven't started packing, am chasing broken cars and insane students, and two overdrawn bank account.

Seriously, time for a tropical island vacation. This is insane. [face_beatup]

2. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    I hope the packing is going well, Sithgirl! I know I always put that off as long as possible because I hate packing!!

I'm currently looking for an apartment so I can get out of my brother's hair. He keeps trying to convince me I need a roommate but I can afford a small apartment on my own. I like my own space and really want my own kitchen. Anyone have any really good reasons I should get a roommate? Keep in mind it would be someone(s) I don't know at all. 8-}

3. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    I have my own place and definitely prefer it to a roommate, though if you need to save money, it is handy to cut the rent in half. The last time I had a roommate (more than 20 years ago) we got along fine, but we met through common friends, so we weren't complete strangers. And I saw her last month at an SF convention; had a nice 2-hour lunch.

4. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    My housing situation is still in limbo. [face_plain]

5. SithGirl132

Dec 6, 2005
    Well, it seems the universe has thrown another wrench into my moving plans. I was leaving Massachusetts with my friend, and we got hit by an 18-wheeler that didn't even stop and just drove off! My car is most likely totaled and my left arm is very angry. Looks like I'm finishing off this year with an insurance claim and a lawsuit. And then flying to Oklahoma. At least this has given me and my friend a few days off crashing at my parents' house while I play phone tag with police, doctors, and insurance.

6. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Oh, geez. What's the damage to the arm? Hope everything works out eventually.

I am not going anywhere for the holidays. Literally. I'm getting off work at 5 on Christmas Eve, making Mexican food for myself and anyone else who comes and then staying home for the holiday and the day off I get on Monday.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  7. SithGirl132

Dec 6, 2005
    Sprained muscles. It's only recently sunk into me that tangling with an 18-wheeler means that I'm lucky to be alive at all. I'm trying to deal with everything- I don't have the health insurance to deal with an ER visit, even though it wasn't major, and the car is so old that even the fairly minor damage means that it'll probably be declared totaled. On the bright (?) side, the trucker is guilty of at least a misdemeanor for leaving the scene of an accident in which someone was injured...

8. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
  9. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    SithGirl: [:D] [:D] Glad it wasn't more serious!

This will be the first time I'm going to be alone on Christmas. I work Friday until 1930 and I have to be back at work at 0645 Monday morning, so definitely no time to fly home. Not to mention the cost of getting a flight for this weekend. My brother and his wife are going to visit both sets of parents, so I will be here with my lamps decorated with X-mas lights (my brother is anti-Christmas tree, so I made due) and the green bean casserole I'm going to make for myself. 8-}

But I am taking myself to see the Boston Ballet's Nutcracker on Christmas Eve. :)

10. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Awww, say hi to the Wang Center for me! We used to go to the Christmas Eve matinee of The Nutcracker, too. I'm going to be home by myself as well because my family severely misbehaved on Thanksgiving and I finally told my mother that I will start coming to family holidays as soon as my parents have both completed three months of therapy. I am completely fed up with the fact that I'm the only one in the family expected to deal honestly with mental illness and so I'm tagged as the one who has to be fixed. I pointed out that I have no problems with people who have mental illnesses, since I am friends with several people who are everything from bipolar to seasonally depressed, but I choose to hang out with them because, bipolar or not, they take responsibility for their afflictions.

So that's my rant and my explanation of why I'll be doing writing and eating and working on my piano recital pieces instead of going home.

11. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Chirstmas week here and we have the Glass house in Leiden for fund raising for the mothers alone with their children in countries devastated by war

This is the official site

http://seriousrequest.3fm.nl/

Three DJ's are in the glass house for a week and replying to requests for songs and more.

12. Commander-DWH

Commander-DWH Manager Emeritus star 4

Nov 3, 2003
    I'm glad I can go home for Christmas. Thankfully, they didn't want the whole team in for the holidays, so only local people are trading off covering hours for the week. Only a couple more days to survive of the crazy...

I say I'm going to be less busy when I get back, but I just got my copy of The Old Republic. So that's probably a lie.

13. SithGirl132

Dec 6, 2005
    Getting on a plane to Oklahoma today. I swear I've become very creative with what can be checked as baggage. At least Southwest is kind to unusual baggage; what do they expect if you're moving cross-country?

I'm buying myself a gaming PC for Christmas. After the month I've had (and especially the last few days) I think I deserve something nice. Gaming PC and Old Republic. I'll never be seen again.

14. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Good for you! You definitely deserve something to cheer yourself up. Good luck in Oklahoma.

I got bellowed at by my boss yesterday to come see her immediately when I walked into the office. Turned out that she was annoyed that I hadn't picked up my door prize from the company holiday raffle. She hadn't remembered to tell me that I'd won something and everyone else had gotten their prizes last week, so I thought I hadn't won anything.

15. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    Have discovered new cookiee-baking thing: melted chocolate, Nilla wafers, creme cheese, and butterscotch make something yummy. (We're making Christmas Cookie plates... and it was butterscotch because I refused to use Caramel.)

16. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    All those cookies...it sounds like an awful burden. I humbly offer my services to help lighten the load. :p

17. SithGirl132

Dec 6, 2005
    Made it to Oklahoma in one piece. Apparently arm injuries are enough to get priority boarding on a plane as well as a tiny bit of leniency in terms of baggage. And now I have so much cleaning to do, and so many jobs to apply for. And I forgot to go to bed last night.

18. amidalachick

amidalachick Force Ghost star 5

Aug 3, 2003
    Yikes on your accident, SithGirl! [:D] Glad that you made it to Oklahoma okay.

Mmm, those sound so good, Daena!

I took the day off from work to do a few errands and get my yellow fever vaccination this afternoon. I haven't had any shots in a long time, and I'm nervous! I also have to get ready for Christmas (will be doing all of my shopping tomorrow), finish getting my gear for my trip, keep training by doing up to ten-mile walks on all the hilly streets around here, as well as working and dealing with huge changes and stress in my personal life. I'm beginning to think that after all this, the mountain will be easy. :p

19. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    Here. (Ish, I'm not sure I could send those by mail...)

20. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Mmmm... Okay, life is temporarily good.

21. SoA

SoA Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 2, 2008
    DWH and I were goofing around, as we often do, and figured we should share it with you all.

[image=http://www.toweroftime.com/fotos/juhanivisasxmas2.png]

Here is wishing a very Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all of you guys!

22. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    LOL, nice. Christmas season for USPS is semi-officially over. I got called more names than I've heard in my life, ruined more Christmases than the Grinch...actually, one lady, after calling me various four-letter words, sobbed that I was supposed to be the Santa of Christmas and I was just the goshdarned Grinch, a mean, stupid Grinch. I'm making Mexican food for La Nochebuena, putting on villancicos, having a friend over for dinner and then working on writing.

In random news, I have my first moment of interest in my stuff. Well, not first. It started with a conversation about three weeks ago, when I was talking about writing with a friend who works in publishing as a marketer. She was interested in the novel I'm working on right now and asked if it would be all right if she could pitch it to one of the editors. Yesterday, I found out that he wants to see fifty pages of it. Now I have to get 50 pages of it to be worth reading! But this is my first time having someone take a real interest in what I'm working on. I'm very excited and very nervous.

23. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Merry Christmas all of you and this was the result of 3FM Serious request for mothers in war ravaged countries http://seriousrequest.3fm.nl/

8.621.004 EURO

and this is the link with our little movie

http://seriousrequest.3fm.nl/video/chequebox/2011/12-23/18#!overlay=/page-overlay/video/chequebox/detail/591&overlaytype=ajax&overlaywidth=window&overlayheight=window

24. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    When telling a Spanish-speaking friend why you don't use dating websites, remember the difference between estrano and extranjero. He will get very confused and sort of hurt when you tell him that you won't date foreign men. You meant to say you don't date weirdos.

25. Golden_Jedi

Golden_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 10, 2005
    Just dropping by to say hello! and Happy New Year! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.