main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Blue Sun Down: A SW/Firefly XO--Winner, Best Crossover, 2008 Fanfic Awards

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Darth_Marrs, Nov 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. laurethiel1138

laurethiel1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 6, 2003
    Wonderful crossover!

I'm only a Firefly/Serenity neophyte, having come to that fandom after the movie, but I understand enough to get the gist of what's going on (I have a pretty good imagination, besides).

All that to say I'm amazed at the quality of your writing, and at how well you blend the two universes.

And that last tall, dark Reaver... Methinks he's a certain horned, be-tattooed Zabrak of our acquaintance...

Cheers,

Lauré :)

ETA: Please add me to the PM list!!!

2. Kevin_Solo

Kevin_Solo Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 22, 2007
    A Happy New Year to you, Darth_Marrs![face_peace] While I've been off the boards for a while, trying to take it easy over Christmas, I see you've been busy with Chapter Four! =D=

I liked Simon being so worried about 'Long John' that he's affectionate with Kaylee in public:

He wore a pair of Jayne?s slacks and T-shirts, which surprisingly fit. River sat near him at the table. Simon, who by then had mostly recovered from the tranquilizer, sat groggily a few chairs away with Kaylee?s arms around his slumped shoulders. It was a mark of his state of mind that they touched at all in front of the others. He was still pretty shy in that regard.

:)

At least 'Long John' knew one thing:

?What does he know??

?That Jayne didn?t wash those clothes before he handed them over.?

Jayne blushed. ?How?d I know someone else?d be wearin? the gorram things!?

Not a surprise! :D By contrast, River's revelation was...quite something:

The room fell quiet again. Simon started to talk, but River forestalled him by raising her hand. Finally, the man?s eyes made their way back to her, and the two sat staring at each other so intensely even Inara?s cheeks colored. ?Should we leave the room?? she finally asked, half in jest.

River turned and grinned suddenly. Her whole face came alight as it sometimes did, making her startlingly beautiful. ?Yes, please. I?m going to have his baby.?

Mal choked on spit and turned away from everyone, coughing violently.

?Not today, child,? Book said quickly for the distraught captain. ?Besides, he?s a very large man and obviously a good deal older. I think a relationship like that might not be advisable.?

River looked at John, who merely studied those around him. ?He?d be gentle when he had to,? she said softly.

Mal, finally recovered, said, ?He?ll bunk in Jayne?s cabin for now. River, you?d better stay in yours. This ship ain?t no?? he stopped and glanced guiltily at Inara. ?You ain?t gonna have nobody?s baby on this ship.?

My reaction would have been like Mal's! :eek::eek: I liked his opinion of Yutani Skyplex and the merchants there:

Mal at once loved and hated the place. He loved it for the freedom it represented. The Alliance had no presence to speak of on the station. It recognized that such hubs of commerce were essential to the survival of the rim planets.

He hated it because the merchants on the Skyplex were just as likely to shoot a man as to trade with him. Their might have been honor among thieves, but there was none among merchants.

I also liked the meeting with the former Operative:

The Operative held his hands out to either side. ?Shoot if you must. I didn?t come to you as an Operative of Parliament. I have resigned from service. My name is Samhael Afolabi, and I am here to ask for your help. And possibly to help you as well.?

?You?ll understand if I think you?re lying out your pee-goo,? Mal said.

?He?s not,? River chimed. She stepped past them all until she stood before the former Operative. ?You?ve seen things you weren?t supposed to see,? she said to him.

?So have you, my extraordinary little River,? Samhael said. He looked up at the man at the rear, towering over the others. ?And perhaps even more.? To Mal he said: ?There is a restaurant on the promenade where we can speak in peace, Captain. I offer you and your crew a free meal in return for an hour of your time. After that, should you choose it, I will leave and bother you no more.?

What does he want to talk about, I wonder? :confused: His revelation did not disappoint:

?Officially, no. Every official record shows there has never been a government or privately sponsored probe. There are corporations that could launch probes as surely as the Alliance could. Blue Sun has an entire fleet of ships, but not even the private sector has attempted to send out a probe.?

?We?re grateful for the food and all,? Mal said, ?but I?d be obliged if you?d just make your point.?

Samhael le

3. The_Face

The_Face Ex-Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 22, 2003
    Catching up ? again. Staying on top of my reading shoulda been my resolution. But hey, two posts to enjoy!

Outside the fic?s context, I wouldn?t have thought giving the Operative a name/background/post-Serenity role would work, but since this is (albeit slightly) AU, and your characterization is spot-on, my skeptic turns off and I find myself absolutely loving scenes like his visit with Badger. Stellar stuff. =D=

I love that whether or not to listen to the Operative is decided by a matter as practical as ?It?s a free meal.? Definitely utilizes that job-to-job underworld mentality of Firefly.

[face_laugh] Ever so helpful, that Jayne Cobb.

Aliens?! The hands of blue. Interesting? [face_thinking]

Great posts; keep it up!

4. Darth_Marrs

Darth_Marrs Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 24, 2006

Laine_Snowtrekker?Thanks. River does indeed want to make babies with the mysterious Jedi.

Emerald54?I don?t mind the question thing at all. ;) I even answer where it doesn?t conflict with the story. Sadly, all your questions fall in the range of the latter[face_beatup] But they will be answered in time, promise!

Golden_Jedi?Thank you for the kind words. I hope I didn?t cause you to stain anything. :D

Dianethx?I have a lot of humor in this story, but in the end it is a drama. Remember River?s vision at the beginning. Still, there is always hope.

Snowspeeder_gunner?Thank you, I?m glad you?re enjoying it. I?ll be glad to add you to the list. As for your speculation, you?ll see. Promise.

Thumper09?Yeah, I could see Mal doing that if River ever announced she was going to have, say, Jayne?s baby. And the whole ?verse does seem to be collapsing about their ears.

VaderLVR64?Thank you. Will do, and no worries about DRL, I understand completely. You?ll appreciate this given your husband?s field. My dad had triple bypass on Wednesday and they found out after 3 days in ICU with dangerously low blood pressure that the doctor never got him off his Benecar (sp?). Hmm, go figure.

Laurethiel 1138?The movie was an excellent place to start, except for the killing of two of the more entertaining characters. You can see why I had to keep them alive. As for your speculation, you?ll see?

Kevin_Solo?And happy New Year to you, my friend. I do try to keep things coming. I originally thought about Simon and the fact he was recovering from the sedative, but I like your reading of the scene too. Plus, it should have said, ?recovering from sedative? rather than ?state of mind? so your reading is actually more correct than my writing.

I?m glad you?re enjoying!

The_Face?I?ve been known to let a couple of posts pile up before reading just to get some continuity going for myself. And given their world, good food is important. Remember ?Shindig? where Kaylee was virtually wetting herself over those strawberries? God I loved that show. I hope Fox doesn?t do to the Sarah Connor Chronicles what it did to Firefly.

Okay, I have a confession to make. In the past three days, while sitting in the hospital room listening to my Dad snore like a dying moose trying one more mating call, I was writing on my laptop. Writing a lot. About 81 single-spaced pages in three days. Problem was, it wasn?t on Blue Sun Down. I got struck by a very powerful plot bunny that just wouldn?t go away, and so I had to start it. Good news, though, is that I have plenty of Blue Sun to go around. In fact, I?m rewriting chapters as I post them, and reviewing and updating the story to make it flow better. It?s going good. So we might see one and a half to two weeks between posts, but the story is alive and well.

Thank you all for reading. And that said, here?s the next part. Enjoy!

Chapter Five: ?Who Needs Reavers?

Once upon a time, Malcolm Reynolds discussed Reavers with an Alliance officer. ?Reavers ain?t men. Or they forgot how to be,? he said to the disbelieving Alliance man. ?They?re just nothing. They got out to the edge of the galaxy, to that place of nothing, and that?s what they became.?

It was a poetic view of the monsters that stepped into the role of boogeymen to most of the Alliance. But Mal later found out it was wrong. The Reavers weren?t nothing. They were victims of the Alliance.

The drug called the ?Pax?, also known as G-23 Paxilon Hydrochlorate, killed twenty nine million, nine hundred and seventy thousand people on the planet Miranda. But the remaining thirty thousand it turned into monsters, stripping them of all vestiges of restraint or civilization until they became the boodeymen everyone knew and loved today.

After Miranda, Mal honestly thought the Reavers were wiped out. A few hundred made it down to the surface, but the Alliance fleet over Mr. Universe was h

5. Golden_Jedi

Golden_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 10, 2005
    This was so sad... Great chapter anyway! =D=

6. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    This was wonderful. I loved that the family was even more guilty than we'd thought. I loved that Simon was horrified about what his family had chosen to do for his sake. But I don't think the Academy would really have taken no for an answer. They'd have found a way.

So they changed River on a cellular level. Does that mean that she can feel the Force? It would seem so with her abilities to read the future and fight so well.

Great job. Loved it.

7. snowspeeder_gunner

snowspeeder_gunner Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2007
    Great job!

Poor Simon. Hopefully, he can find enough answers to be able to forgive himself for what happened to River.

Keep up the good work!

8. Laine_Snowtrekker

Laine_Snowtrekker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 8, 2003
    Great chapter!

You've got the characterizations down pat. Great job!

Thanks for sending the PM.

9. cggunnersmate

cggunnersmate Jedi Master star 1

Jul 24, 2007
    Zoe turned Wash?s wheelchair as she tried to swerve to avoid a woman and sent her husband sprawling to the floor. Without missing a step, Long John reached down and lifted the man in his arms, allowing all of them to move faster.

?Honey, I love this man,? Wash called over his shoulder. ?I?m glad he?s dressed though.?

LOL That is SOOO Wash! You really do know these characters. I'm curious as to this imminent doom looming over their solar system. I can't think that just being discovered by the galaxy at large would doom them, their way of life would change (much panic from the "We are the only intelligent life" crowd). I'm not exactly sure as to the time frame on this story. The only major conflicts I know of are the Stark Hyperspace War and the Clone Wars. Could their little star system become embroiled in one of these conflicts, or something else? Looking forward to the next chapter!

10. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Yet another wonderful chapter. But it was this little moment that brought a grin to my face!

Jayne blinked. ?So, do we get to shoot somebody??

Zoe sighed. ?Jayne, go to your room, please. You?re making my head hurt.?

[face_laugh] =D=

11. centerpoint1

centerpoint1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 29, 2006
    Can you PM me updates
    Firefly was a great show which was cruelly cut short when it could of gone on a lot longer.
    glad to see you taking over and again you are showing us what a great writer you are.
    Respect!!!!!

12. Thumper09

Thumper09 Force Ghost star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    Wow, this was a really emotionally intense chapter. Simon's always been one of my favorite Firefly characters (don't tell Wash that [face_shhh]), and I felt really bad for him when he learned what happened with his family and River.

And there's something so big that it caused Mr. Tam to commit suicide...wow. Lots of questions, but hopefully the thought of getting that much money from Simon will encourage Mal to find some of the answers. ;) Jayne should be pretty happy about that too, heh heh.

I hope your dad has a speedy recovery. :)

Great post! Looking forward to more. :D

-Thumper

13. LadyLunas

LadyLunas Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 31, 2005
    Sorry for not reviewing sooner. DRL has been giving me problems.

?I don?t know what you did to them, Mal,? Inara said as they ran through the frenzied, frightened crowds with the horde of Reavers just a few yards behind, ?but you might want to apologize.?

Hahahaha. I could think of a few things. And Inara always can find the time to give out a witty line.

And now I'm eagerly anticipating the Academy job. I can't wait to find out those secrets.

14. Independence1776

Independence1776 Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 3, 2006
    It's up! It's up! Can you please PM updates?

Wonderful writing! Everyone's in character, and I can so easily see it happening in my mind. This Academy job should be interesting...

Until the next update!

15. Darth_Marrs

Feb 24, 2006
    Golden_Jedi?It was. In fact, I made it even sadder in the revised version than I did in the original. In the series, I got the sense that the parents were at least partially complicit in what they were doing?otherwise Simon wouldn?t have been on his own.

Dianethx?The Tam family was caught between a rock and a hard place. They chose the lesser of two evils, but then participated fully. I can?t say how I would react in similar circumstances. As for your questions, answers are soon to be revealed.

Snowspeeder-gunner?The mysteries will eventually be revealed, promise. They won?t like the answers, but they?ll have them.

Laine_Snowtrekker?Thank you, and you?re welcome.

Cggunnersmate?The story is set within the cannon events of Quilan Vos?s life, as far as I know.

VaderLVR64?I?m glad you?re still enjoying it!

Centerpoint1?Err, maybe.[face_beatup] You?re absolutely right that Firefly should have gone further. Fox kills those things it does not understand. Thank you!

Thumper09?I make you laugh, I make you cry. I make you shake your head and turn off the computer in disgust. I have lots of different writing styles. I leave no questions unanswered, though some answers will have to wait. And Dad?s home and going great, thanks!

LadyLunas?No worries, DRL gets us all! And the Academy job is here. At least the first chapter of it!

Independence1776?It?s up, and you bet, I?ll be glad to PM.

Author?s Note: Some of this next chapter may be familiar to a few of you who read the first version. But keep in mind that I have radically rewritten the story, so the similarities are only that?similarities. Except for those parts I just transferred over whole. Those are pretty much the same.

Also, an important note. Yes, John is Quinlan Vos, and for those unfamiliar with him, he is a Kiffar with psychometric abilities. He can receive pyshcic images through physical touch. As a child, an evil relative made him place his hands on his freshly murdered parents, to give you an idea of what kind of life he's led.

Anywho, thank you all for reading and for the wonderful feedback!

Chapter Six: The Academy Job

?You look mighty fine, Sir,? Zoe said.

?Don?t that beat all?? Mal said with a tight grin. ?A browncoat grunt in an Alliance colonel?s uniform.? He turned to Simon. ?How?d you go about procurin? this piece of fine fabric??

?Blackout zones and Samhael Afolabi,? Simon said. ?They?re off the Cortex. Everything is for sale there.?

They gathered in the kitchen to prepare for the job. Kaylee was sitting beside Simon, watching closely. ?That?s where I got the parts I need,? she added. ?Got ?em for a steal.?

?Do they work?? Mal demanded.

She gave the captain a look that questioned his sanity. ?Duh. ?Course they don?t. Not yet. But they will. And I got ?em for a steal!?

?That?s my girl,? Mal said with a wink. He turned as Jayne entered the room wearing an Alliance enlisted man?s uniform.

?How come you?re a gorram colonel,? he nodded to Mal, then to Simon, ?he?s a gorram general, and I?m a piss-ant corporal??

?Because you?re stupid,? Mal said. ?Dong luh mah??

?Ain?t no call to be ornery,? Jayne said. ?Just asking.?

?It is imperative that you do not speak,? Samhael said to the larger man. ?Do not talk. Your accent gives you away. If you say one word, they will know you are imposters and they will shoot you on sight.?

?Can I shoot ?em back?? Jayne asked.

?That might be difficult, seein? as how you?ll be corpsified and all,? Mal pointed out.

?You are all idiots,? Inara declared. ?There is no way you can just walk into a secured Alliance compound.?

Beside the Companion, wearing a tight dress with slits up to her thighs and form-fitting shorts beneath, River smiled. ?But they?re our idiots,? she said.

Mal and Jayne exchanged a look. ?I liked her more when she was crazy,? Jayne said.

?I?m still crazy,? River assured him. ?I?m just heavi

16. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Really intense. I loved how they fought the Alliance guards, almost as a team but it was also pretty disgusting. Loved/hated the ending since I could picture them torturing the poor girl as they cut her up.

Great job. Loved it.

17. Kevin_Solo

Jun 22, 2007
    Chapters Five and Six were very interesting, Darth_Marrs! =D= o_O

I had a good laugh at Wash and Kaylee's exchange about Long John:

?Honey, I love this man,? Wash called over his shoulder. ?I?m glad he?s dressed though.?

?I?m not!? Kaylee called.

I'm afraid you can't have everything, Kaylee. :) At least John can certainly handle the Reavers:

Then John stepped into the fray. Without speaking, the larger man handed Wash to Jayne and stepped forward. He grabbed one of the Reavers from the back of his neck and then pushed the man-thing into the deck plating so hard the creature?s neck snapped.

Some of the other Reavers heard and saw what happened and spun about to attack. John spun into a flying kick that threw three Reavers back to the flooring. He then blurred into action even faster than River, and in seconds they had all of the creatures on the ground.

Very good! :D This bit sounds like you're using Xander Harris in Buffy:

Jayne arrived shortly after Mal and Zoe and deposited Wash in the co-pilot?s seat. ?I don?t like Reavers,? Wash said with wild eyes. ?I?m going to go out on a limb here and say that Reavers are bad.?

[face_laugh]

Jayne is quite in character here:

Jayne blinked. ?So, do we get to shoot somebody??

Zoe sighed. ?Jayne, go to your room, please. You?re making my head hurt.?

?I?m jus? sayin?, we ain?t got to shoot nobody in a while save ?dem Reavers, is all. Vera?s starting to feel, well, like I don?t love her no more.?

?I?m just saying go to your room, you make my head hurt,? Zoe said again

Nice! :D

Just one thing. How would Mal know about a couple of late 20th century cartoon characters?

I?m with the Wonder Twins.

[face_thinking][face_thinking]:confused::confused:

So River's parents sent her to the Academy, after convincing her to go? :eek: [face_shame_on_you]:_| No wonder her father committed suicide:

River, however, held a hand to her mother?s cheek where a wisp of steam was rising from the trail of her tears. ?I see it in your mind, Mother. What you saw when you ran into the study. He found out what they did, what they were doing. More even than you know, he found out the secrets of the Academy.?

?He?d been digging ever since you and Simon ran,? Regan confirmed. ?He wouldn?t tell me what he found, only that he?d found someone in the government to help his research. Then one day he came home as if he?d seen a ghost. He said it was all going to crash down around us. He went into his office, and I heard the gun go off. And he never told me why.?

:eek::_|[face_skull]

River is quite in character here:

River leaned forward until her lips brushed her mother?s ears. ?It is all going to come crashing down,? she said softly, but still loud enough for the others to hear. ?I?ve seen it in my dreams. Everything we know is going to end, and our worlds are going to run with blood.?

She leaned back and studied her mother?s stricken expression. Then, inexplicably, she grinned brightly. ?So, will you help Simon get his money??

Oh! :eek: Sad to see the effects of the betrayal on the Tam family:

After handing the credit chip over, the Tam matriarch reached for Simon, only to have him shake his head with a clenched jaw and turn his back on her.

River lingered a moment before she wrapped her mother in a tight hug and then turned and walked up the ramp. Regan left with a stricken expression and tears in her eyes.

Simon was scowling as he accompanied a somber River up the ramp. ?Not quite the happy reunion,? Mal noted.

?She knew what the Academy was,? Simon said in disbelief. ?She sent her own daughter to be tortured.?

?She had to choose,? River said from behind him. ?Your success for my life. She chose.?

?How can you forgive her so easily, River??

River smiled. ?How can you hate her so easily?? She paused by Long John a

18. Golden_Jedi

Jun 10, 2005
    Amazing chapter, as always! Everything's so vivid... =D=

19. Laine_Snowtrekker

Jul 8, 2003
    Who was the female Jedi??

What answers are they seeking?

Thank you for this chapter!

Post again, soon!

20. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Yet another superb chapter! Though I'm not the first to arrive, I DO get here! :p

I'm LOVING this story even more the second time around. :D

=D=

21. cggunnersmate

cggunnersmate Jedi Master star 1

Jul 24, 2007
    Great update Marrs! As always you have the banter between the Serenity crew spot on. I can hear everyone's voices I read. I can only guess that the coffin room contains some young Jedi Knights and Padawans. The Alliance must have been trying to figure out how their powers work. Looking forward to the next update!

22. Darth_Marrs

Feb 24, 2006
    Dianethx?She did suffer, and she?s also a canon SW character. You?ll see in this next chapter. In fact, it will show you exactly when and where Quinlan came from, and how.

Kevin_Solo?Thank you. And that was exactly a Xander quote. Had to have my Homage to the Whedon One in there somewhere. As for John and Angle, I must admit I pulled that directly from The 13th Warrior (AKA Eaters of the Dead). And answers are forthcoming!

Golden_Jedi?Thank you!

Laine_Snowtrekker?All, or at least most, shall be revealed presently.

VaderLVR?Thank you. You?ll see a few more hints of the original, but in a completely different context!

Cggunnersmate?I shall neither confirm nor deny. However, I pretty much tell you everything you need in the next chapter.

Thank you for reading and for the reviews!

Chapter Seven: Ghosts

?He can?t hear you,? the Chiss named Thrass said. His blue face was unreadable to Lorana, his red eyes chilling. And yet, in the Force, he projected grim resolve and unshakable faith. ?The com isn?t transmitting at this end.?

Jedi Knight Lorana Jinzler closed her eyes for a moment before she turned to look at the planetoid
    Outbound Flight was quickly approaching with minimal controls and no sublight or hyperdrive engines. They were fleeing forces of the Trade Federation and Thrass?s own Chiss Ascendency, from which certain elements wanted very much to obtain the weaponry on the failed colony ship. If Master C?Boath were alive (and not fallen to the Dark Side) he might have thought of a better solution.

Lorana Jinzler, newly knighted and young enough to be terrified, could think of none. ?We have no choice,? she whispered, her voice on the verge of breaking. ?We?ll have to rotate and put D-Four on top.?

The Chiss nodded with complete understanding. ?Which will put D-One?this one?at the very bottom.?

They really did have no choice. To save the few remaining civilians that had survived Thrawn?s radiation bomb, they had to land the ship. To land the ship, they had to soft-land using one of the six dreadnaughts attached to the storage core to cushion the impact with the planetoid. They had to keep the civilians as far above the surface during the landing as possible.

?We have no choice,? Lorana repeated herself. ?It?s only an assumption that the bottom Dreadnaught will take enough of the impact to leave the others intact. For all we know, they might all hit hard enough to be ripped open to vacuum. We have to try to keep D-Four as far out of the rock as possible.?

?I understand,? Thrass said. ?There?s still time for you to leave, you know. You may at least be able to get to the core before we hit, perhaps even all the way to D-Four.?

Lorana shook her head. ?You can?t handle the landing alone,? she said. ?But I could do that while you go.?

?And who would keep the remaining systems from self-destroying while you cleared a path through the pylons for me? No, Jedi Jinzler. It appears we will both be giving our lives for your people.

Outside, the planetoid rushed toward them as they spoke more and prepared to give their lives so that 57 civilians might live.
    Suddenly the hatch to the bridge exploded inward. Lorana turned, stunned, as two men stepped in flanked by a dozen or so Trade Federation battle droids. One of the men was older, with thinning hair. The younger had dark hair as well, clean shaven and scared-looking. Both wore odd blue gloves.

?What are you doing here?? Lorana demanded. ?What is the meaning of this??

?Jedi Jinzler,? the older man said. He lifted a small wand before his face.

A terrible pressure began pushing against Lorana?s ears and eyes. She gasped and then screamed as she held her hands over her ears and fell to the floor. Blood ran from her nose and ears.

Nearby, she sensed Thrass also collapse, gasping in pain as an odd purple blood ran from his nose, eyes and ears.

Then everything went black.

An eternity later, everything came back

23. Laine_Snowtrekker

Jul 8, 2003
    Poor Quinlan! How did he survive? Was he allowed to? Did he escape?

Does the Emperor know the men in the blue gloves? Hmm....

You can tell I'm intrigued...

Thanks for the PM.

24. Golden_Jedi

Jun 10, 2005
    So now we know how Quinlan survived the purges, but not how he came to be in that cryo-tank... I can't wait for the next!

25. Kevin_Solo

Jun 22, 2007
    A great update, which certainly answered many questions, but caused me to ask new ones! =D==D=

I wondered if you were going to use 'Outbound Flight', and was not disappointed!:D
    It was nice to read the discussion between Thrass and Lorana

?And who would keep the remaining systems from self-destroying while you cleared a path through the pylons for me? No, Jedi Jinzler. It appears we will both be giving our lives for your people.

Outside, the planetoid rushed toward them as they spoke more and prepared to give their lives so that 57 civilians might live.

Then a real deus ex machina takes place:

Suddenly the hatch to the bridge exploded inward. Lorana turned, stunned, as two men stepped in flanked by a dozen or so Trade Federation battle droids. One of the men was older, with thinning hair. The younger had dark hair as well, clean shaven and scared-looking. Both wore odd blue gloves.

?What are you doing here?? Lorana demanded. ?What is the meaning of this??

?Jedi Jinzler,? the older man said. He lifted a small wand before his face.

A terrible pressure began pushing against Lorana?s ears and eyes. She gasped and then screamed as she held her hands over her ears and fell to the floor. Blood ran from her nose and ears.

Nearby, she sensed Thrass also collapse, gasping in pain as an odd purple blood ran from his nose, eyes and ears.

Then everything went black.

An eternity later, everything came back with blindingly bright suddenness. Strange faces in surgical masks stared down at her, speaking a language she had never heard. She tried to push with the Force, but the terrible pressure she felt on Outbound Flight remained and prevented her from touching the Force. She managed to roll her eyes low enough to see a bladed instrument in the hands of one of the men standing over her.

He lowered the blade, and Lorana Jinzler screamed.

I knew they were up to no good.:mad: Then we have our first reference to the Force in the presence of Mal and his people. I'm looking forward to seeing them try and comprehend it and the concept of midichlorians.:D

Suddenly John lifted his hand from the frozen body and stumbled back, his face no longer furious, but still flushed red as if stunned. ?By the Force,? he whispered. He straightened and stumbled to the next coffin. As the others watched, he opened it to reveal?

?Wu de tyen ah,? Mal cursed as he saw the body.

?What the gorram hell is that thing!? Jayne demanded.

It was a woman. But a woman like none they had ever seen before. Her skin was not blue from the cold of the cryotank, it was simply blue. And instead of hair, two thick tentacles sprouted from her head. Her face was pretty, but her body was riddled with black burn marks and a T-shaped cut that opened up her entire torso?just like the last one. Also like the last one, an incision across her forehead and around the sides of her skull showed they had studied her brain as well.

To quote Cordelia Chase, 'EW!':eek: At least we get some backstory about how this poor Twi'lek ended up this way, and about who 'John' is:

Time flashes. Saleucami. Aayla watches Quin fighting desperately with the dark Jedi Sora Bulq. She falls to her knees and reaches out to him with the Force. ?You are a being of light,? she tells him through the Force. She touches his heart, and in that moment washes the darkness from him.

Then comes Felucia. Commander Bly, her long-time comrade and soldier, raises his weapon to her back without hesitation, regardless of the years they have spent together, and with the others under her command, guns Aayla Secura down.

Aayla?s last thoughts are not on her betrayal or death. They are on her former Master, fighting across the galaxy on Kashyyk. ?You are a being of light,? her soul whispers to him.

After an eternity of only a few seconds, he lifted his hand from the cold blue cheek and fell to his knees before the coffin, sobbing. ?Aayla,? he whispered.

He felt a small hand

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.