main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Artist Blue's Fan Art - Updated 28/06/10 Updates In Index!

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Blue_but_beautiful, Jan 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blue_but_beautiful

Blue_but_beautiful Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2006
    Ok, so I have been a bit lazy with updating this thread...I really should Index it and scrap some of the old stuff.
    One thing I have been doing a lot of lately, is roughs - concepts and plans for larger pieces that I will eventually get round to rendering digitally.

Here cometh the sketch/painting dump!

Roughs/ WIP's:

Echani Female

Echani Male

Yuuzhan Vong Crecheling

Shaper Concept Sheet

Yuuzhan Vong Warrior Concept Sheet

Alternative Tactics Digital WIP

Finished Paintings:

ORIGINAL- Sever

ORIGINAL- Battery Organic

ORIGINAL- Sleepwalkers dream

2. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    beautiful works with the Vong and the Echani. And your concept art is stunning.

3. Blue_but_beautiful

Jan 16, 2006
    Thanks very much [:D] I have to give props to Khan Iceay for suggesting the Echani as a subject, it's proving a refreshing little challenge :)

4. Black-Dog

Black-Dog Jedi Knight star 4

May 27, 2008
    =P~ =P~ =P~ .....what? Oops sorry. I kinda lost myself for a moment. [face_blush] I'd love to see your take on Brianna the Handmaiden.

Cool, he reminds me of Legolas! :D

The Crechling's cute, but now I got that Fat Bastard line my head. "Get in ma' bellay!!"

Nice work with Nom and Lotva. She's an OC right?

I really can't pick a favorite here. They all be too awesome for words. =D=

5. Blue_but_beautiful

Jan 16, 2006
    LOL, Say no more ;) She's proving popular - I have had a few requests for Brianna, i'll see what I can do.

[face_laugh] I thought the same thing!

Hahaha, yeah, that would be the line, i'm half scottish, my dad could do an awesome impression of FB XD Thanks v much :D And yep, Lotva is indeed an OC, I use her character at a couple of RP's. Don't let the eyes fool you, she's a nasty bit of work [face_devil]

Thankyou [:D] V-muchly!

6. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Dang, I missed your big art dump, when I was in Germany. I only found time to check it out now and you made me very happy here.

You play with light and darkness in a brilliant way.

Great stuff!

7. Kahn_Iceay

Kahn_Iceay Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 5, 2006
    Why must my name always be misspelled Khan XD And the Echani are always a refreshing subject [face_laugh]

8. Blue_but_beautiful

Jan 16, 2006

No worries, darth real life is helpful like that ;) Thanks very much btw, glad you like the new stuff, there will be a follow up on this so i'll be sure to post it here.

Because I work with someone who's last name is spelt that way and it's become force of habit (That and they have a go at me every time I spell it the other way) :oops: sorry! Hopefully the final piece will make up for my copious typos [face_laugh] - of course I could always have just said I did it to see if you were paying attention [face_mischief]

Thanks muchly Kahn Iceay :p

9. Blue_but_beautiful

Jan 16, 2006
    I have now finished that piece on the Echani that I was working on :)

http://blue-but-beautiful.deviantart.com/art/Echani-132245550 Please full view.

10. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Lovely, like the Elves from LOTR=D==D= Also a great inspiration for my art.

11. Black-Dog

May 27, 2008
    Nice. :D Looking at them again, I find they look quite young, especially the male Echani. The new color on their outfits seem to suit them better, and the backgrounds make their weapons stand out more, again particularly the male's. As for the female......=P~, oh wait I did that already. Oh well. =P~ :p

12. Blue_but_beautiful

Jan 16, 2006
    Thanks, you aren't the first person to say that about the elves, I have been doing a lot more fantasy art lately, I guess it's rubbing off into my sci-fi stuff too [face_blush]
    And inspiration? What do you have in the works, I shall swing by your thread at some point, I need to catch up on everyone elses posts :)

I'll pretend my sense of deja vu isn't going off here ;) and thanks very much :D the colour is actually the same, but the technique used to apply it is completely different. I used two programs for this one, layering up each addition of colour behind a filter of warm light, then I added the darker light and texture over the top, masking off the areas I did not want the texture to cover (skin, fabric etc). The last details to be added were the weapons, which should be why they stand out a bit better.

13. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    I simply love your Echani!

:D

Would I have known before, I would have had a sneak on them before beginning a LotR trivia with my husband DU & earlybird yesterday.
    Perhaps I would have won then, because your Echani are a source of inspiration.

14. LittleMissNightsaber

LittleMissNightsaber Jedi Youngling star 3

May 2, 2009
    My faves here were Sleepwalker's dream, Yun-Harla, Mirta, Sever, and Fem Echani. [face_love]

15. Blue_but_beautiful

Jan 16, 2006
    Thanks very much! [face_blush] And there's always time for a rematch ;)

Glad you liked them :)

16. Blue_but_beautiful

Jan 16, 2006
    Posted some new stuff, and added an index to help navigation :)

17. kikichan

kikichan Jedi Youngling star 1

May 31, 2009
    Hi ^^ I really like your gungan jedi. The color and shading is very good and nice and soft ^____^
    It's interesting idea too.

I like all your fanarts. Especially that of Vergere is very beautiful [face_love] Thanks very much for that and hope you'll continue to draw more of the NJO ^____^

18. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Wow that is helpful, dear blue!

19. Black-Dog

May 27, 2008
    Cool job on the Gungan Jedi. :) And the new one on Lotva Shai looks great too. She's a bit of a cutie.

The hand in Absolution looks like it's about to flip the bird.

20. Blue_but_beautiful

Jan 16, 2006
    Kikichan - Thanks very much :) The idea of the gungan Jedi was brought to me by a friend from a star wars roleplaying board, he was creating a new character and wanted a definitive 'look' for his gungan, Tookie. I am pretty pleased with how he turned out, even if I did get hate-mail for about a month after [face_worried]

Azure - No problem, I got there in the end!

Black-Dog - Thanks :D yeah, wouldn't let the face/eyes fool you (Lotva Shai)she's as underhanded and spiteful as they come. LOL about the absolution one, mainly because my reference was doing just that before I repositioned it ever so slightly [face_laugh]

21. kikichan

kikichan Jedi Youngling star 1

May 31, 2009
    Thanks very much happy The idea of the gungan Jedi was brought to me by a friend from a star wars roleplaying board, he was creating a new character and wanted a definitive 'look' for his gungan, Tookie. I am pretty pleased with how he turned out, even if I did get hate-mail for about a month after worried

your welcome ^___^
    but hate-mail !... really ? :(

22. Blue_but_beautiful

Jan 16, 2006
    Yes, really :( it surprised me too. I can't really post what was sent to me here, especially one such message that was just full of pointless profanity. Some was done in jest, which was fine by me, others though, it was just downright rude. You can't please everyone all the time, lord knows I don't try to, what with my extreme lurve of the Yuuzhan Vong [face_devil] but just because someone tries something different (and I didn't even think a Gungan Jedi was that different) doesn't mean they should be shot on sight for it lol.
    I respect that they don't like these guys, they are entitled to their opinion, I can't say I am potty over gungans myself, but there are more constructive ways to voice your opinion. :p

23. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Saw your new works and WOW great that gungan and the Vong=D==D==D=

24. Blue_but_beautiful

Jan 16, 2006
    Thank you Earlybird! :) It's nice to see Tookie is getting some love over here!

25. Black-Dog

May 27, 2008
    Some folks ripped on you for drawing a Gungan Jedi? Sorry that happened to ya. Some people actually looks for an excuse to complain about something. They probably wouldn't've liked Jan Duursema's idea of a Gungan Sith.

Still, it's their loss since they can't see past their own narrow views. Keep that awesome work coming. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.