main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Artist Blue's Fan Art - Updated 28/06/10 Updates In Index!

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Blue_but_beautiful, Jan 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blue_but_beautiful

Blue_but_beautiful Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2006
    You can't please everyone, I initially got ripped on for sketching/writing/being a fan of Yuuzhan Vong, not gonna stop me doing it though ;)
    The way I see it, it was unconstructive criticism, and more related to the fact that it was simply a Gungan, rather than anything to do with my work, I guess I was 'tainted by association' - I don't pay it much mind, but thanks for the words of encouragement! :)

2. Blue_but_beautiful

Jan 16, 2006
    UP! With this WIP
    [image=http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a93/bluebutbeautiful/NehstaKuWIP.jpg]

Since September, I have been trying out a number of new techniques, I may post tutorials too, but this is the second piece I am doing like this, the first you can see in the main list - Harry Dresden. So this is my first Star Wars outing with this method :)

3. LittleMissNightsaber

LittleMissNightsaber Jedi Youngling star 3

May 2, 2009
    I love your WIP. There's an amorous glint in her blue eyes, which makes her better.;)

4. Black-Dog

Black-Dog Jedi Knight star 4

May 27, 2008
    Outstanding as always. I loves the detail on this YV, especially around the eyes and ears. I also finds the green background mesmerizing. [face_hypnotized]

5. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    a new Yuuzhan Vong character nice:)

6. Blue_but_beautiful

Jan 16, 2006
    There certainly is, I am working on her bio at present, she's someone I want to introduce into an RP - trying to add in personality traits into the portrait has been fun, and is apparently working, thank you! :)

Thank you :D There will be a lot more detail to follow, I am trying out a new method of painting these guys, working more in Photoshop rather than Painter X, the two programs work very nicely together since the recent updates. I spent almost all of yesterday working on this, so considerable progress has since been made. :)

Hehe yes indeed, it's been a little while since I introduced a new one to anything, so I thought i'd paint her and give everyone a vague idea of what she looks like. Thanks!

7. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Thanks for that breathtaking preview. Can´t wait to see the entire picture.

=P~

8. Blue_but_beautiful

Jan 16, 2006
    And thank you for viewing/commenting :D I have gotten quite a way with this, but i'm still adding in lots of little details, but this should be done soon!

9. kikichan

kikichan Jedi Youngling star 1

May 31, 2009
    oh, you have an interesting way to paint. You don't sketch it first ? I could never do that [face_worried]
    looks like it will be wonderfull when finished ^____^

10. Blue_but_beautiful

Jan 16, 2006
    Thanks, I am not really sure where I picked it up, I just sort of experimented with techniques and what I had at the time, I haven't been using digital means for long, it's been a vast learning curve though- Very different to traditional medium.

I do sketch the lines by hand first, though I have drawn direct onto photoshop before now, it's not a preferred way of working, but I can do it if I have to. I usually prefer to sketch the basic line art without shading first, then scan, then take it into various programs for colouring. Best part about digital painting is, the paint never dries!

11. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    True, true, but I really need my fingers to get wet and dirty. I want to feel the paint and the material I work with.

Anyway: thanks that you are also one of the people here in this forum who explain how you do it and why.

:*

12. Blue_but_beautiful

Jan 16, 2006
    Oh certainly, there are some times where I really want to mess around with what I am working with, and that means physically picking up pen and paper etc, I don't think anything will truly replace it, it's too practical. :)

I have now posted the finished Portrait of Nehsta Ku, my Yuuzhan Vong OC, in the index...enjoy! :D

13. LittleMissNightsaber

LittleMissNightsaber Jedi Youngling star 3

May 2, 2009
  14. Blue_but_beautiful

Jan 16, 2006
    Thanks very much! :)

15. Blue_but_beautiful

Jan 16, 2006
    Just updated the index with a new piece for Black-Dog :) Hope everyone is having a great holiday season!

16. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    A fantastic piece of art for Black dog. Love it=D==D=

17. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Black_Dog will love it as much as we do!

[:D]

18. Blue_but_beautiful

Jan 16, 2006
    Thanks very much AA and EBO :D I have mailed it to him, he seems very pleased with the preview.

19. Black-Dog

Black-Dog Jedi Knight star 4

May 27, 2008
    Yes, he was very pleased with the preview. :D Who are we talking about? :p

20. Blue_but_beautiful

Jan 16, 2006
    Oh wow, I have sorely neglected this thread over the past few months, it's been crazy. But the good news is, I have updated with a rather large bunch of art! :D All of which can be seen at the top of the index.

Whew, now onto that Vua Rapuung redo I am rendering ;)

BD? I have no idea who he is...:p

21. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    you have been busy. Whew. beautiful new art.

22. Blue_but_beautiful

Jan 16, 2006
    Looks that way, doesn't it? :cool: In reality, since finishing BD's last commission, I have been taking a bit of time out to get some ideas on the boil - many of them seen in this art dump. Thanks very much! More is definitely on the way :D

23. StarWarsBuff251

StarWarsBuff251 Jedi Youngling

Jun 30, 2010
    Loving your new stuff Blue! Amazing pics :)

24. Blue_but_beautiful

Jan 16, 2006
    Thank you SWB! :D New to the boards? If so, welcome!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.