main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Artist Blue's Fan Art - Updated 28/06/10 Updates In Index!

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Blue_but_beautiful, Jan 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blue_but_beautiful

Blue_but_beautiful Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2006

You're very welcome :D And of course you can :) [:D] honoured to have my work on there!

2. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    Thanks so much! [:D]

3. BigFatty

BigFatty Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2005
    That's a lovely and thought-provoking take on Jaina. Would you mind if it's added to the Jaina/Jag Index art collection?

4. Blue_but_beautiful

Jan 16, 2006
    Thanks, and sure add away, thanks for the ask :)

5. Blue_but_beautiful

Jan 16, 2006
    Only a small update this time, been really busy working on lots of things at once, only one pair of hands- that sort of thing ;)
    I've been working on this piece featuring Shimrra at the moment, might try and fit Onimi into the same pic when I transfer it to digital. But for now here's a sneak preview of the unfinished line art, it was a real headache XD
    http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a93/bluebutbeautiful/ShimrralineWIP.jpg

6. Space_Wolf

Space_Wolf Jedi Master star 3

Mar 13, 2007
    I like these.

7. Blue_but_beautiful

Jan 16, 2006
    Thanks very much, i'll hopefully be able to update again soon :)

8. kecen

kecen Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    Oi, I said it on DA, but I think the Shimrra lineart is sexy :eek:

9. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Whoa--that looks FABulous, Blue!! =D= The pose, the anatomy, the amphistaff--all perfect for the Overlord! Great work, and this is going to look sooo amazing when you get it all done and detailed and colored! :D Awesome!

FF

10. Blue_but_beautiful

Jan 16, 2006
    lol Kecen, just don't let him hear that eh ;)

Thanks FalconFan :D i'm part way through colouring him at the moment but it's taking a while on and off, hopefully he should be done soon. There is a more up to date version linked on my DA journal entry at the moment. :)

11. Blue_but_beautiful

Jan 16, 2006
    Ack, sorry..double post D:
    But I do bring a gift!

This must have been my longest WIP ever, I just hope it paid off :p

Supreme Overlord Shimrra : http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/59077778/
    PLEASE FULL VIEW.

12. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    This is sooo great! =D= I love all the detail you put into these, and with this one you've really outdone yourself! The pale skin really sets off the tattoos, which form around the body and limbs so perfectly it's scary! =D= Love the colors, the amphistaff--all of it! A wonderful illustration of the "puppet-Overlord!"

FF

13. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    Big congratulations to Blue for getting her Fan Art displayed at the FanForce table at Celebration Europe. Steve Sansweet was very impressed with the display =D=

14. Blue_but_beautiful

Jan 16, 2006
    Thanks falcon fan, ai I haven't checked back here for toooo long! :( Shimrra was probably one of the more challenging pieces I have attempted lately, so for him to turn out as he did was a big relief! I have plenty more on the way with a CE inspired comedy Thrawn Picture and a bit of Aurra Sing to throw into the mix ;)

Aww thankyee Spike, and a BIG thanks very much for letting me display some of my work there! [:D]
    I'm still bogling over the fact Steve Sansweet took the time to have a look at the work on display :) And if he ever reads this, Thanks for taking a look! :D

15. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Wow!! =D= Congrats on the "professional nod" you got at CE, Blue!! =D= How awesome is THAT!? It must have been a great honor, not just to have your work selected for display, but also to have Steve Sansweet come and browse through it! Too cool--and again, heartiest congratulations! =D=

FF

16. Blue_but_beautiful

Jan 16, 2006
    My mind boggles each time someone mentions it, I can't really get my head around it! I am extremely honoured that he would take the time to have a look through the fan stuff and for my work to be even included! :)

Speaking of CE and work...
    http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/60594777/

explaination at that link :D Scuse the rushed work!

17. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Too cool!! [face_laugh] Who knew that pastry could inspire tactical genius...? ;) [face_laugh] Of course, even Grand Admirals must nosh, you know! ;) I like it--and the photo was a good inclusion there, too! **nods**

FF

18. Blue_but_beautiful

Jan 16, 2006
    Oh I can't take credit for the fantastic snap shot XD That was all moosemousse's work :D
    But the muffin idea was a joint effort [face_laugh] I'll never look at my local costa coffee in quite the same way again!
    Thanks for the comments, things have become a bit dead round here lately :( That said I haven't been around here for a while, but now the nasty film festival is over...soon cometh the arts! :)

19. Lord-Tice

Lord-Tice Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 20, 2001
    Here's some evidence of Steve at our little exhibition, although sadly Blue's work and most of mine is out-of-shot :_|
    [image=http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m309/timbolton/CE/CE_08.jpg]

I'll ask Tim, the other chap in the photo, if he has any more photos as I'm sure he took a few more while Steve was there.

Nice Costa poster too.... I can see a new ad campaign for CE2 in the making ;)

20. Blue_but_beautiful

Jan 16, 2006
    hehe that's a great pic Tice! :) Just out of shot is that clone trooper art I really liked too! I'm glad the booth was a success and drew in some interest :D Would be great to see more pics if you have them :)

:D thanks very much! XD Was a bit of a rushed out art but I just had to do it as i've said before - the Thrawn going to costa scene unfolding before us while we ate lunch was too inspiring for words! [face_laugh]
    That said, getting on the london underground dressed as a Jedi and having a random conversation with none other than Jimmy Carr was VERY surreal in it's self! XD

Hopefully my Yuuzhan Vong shaper costume will be ready in time for 09's events should they happen :) That'll be...interesting.

21. Blue_but_beautiful

Jan 16, 2006
    Update : Aurra Sing - PLEASE FULL VIEW!
    http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/61366906/

22. Lord-Tice

Lord-Tice Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 20, 2001
    Oooooohh, very nice :D
    If we get this fanart exhibition at London Film & Comic Con, I think I'll definietly request a hi-res version of that to print and display.

I also imagined seeing other photos of Steve Sansweet at our exhibition during CE :oops:
    Well, I was ill and tired at the time, lol. Sorry for building up hopes, but at least we do have that one above.
    And Jamie Richards was responsible for the Clone Trooper art and he'll be very pleased he has another fan.

23. Blue_but_beautiful

Jan 16, 2006
    Thanks Lord-Tice :D That shouldn't be a problem at all, i'll send the original file should I not be able to make it. Hopefully they'll organize that soon :)

And d'oh! Never mind, that pic is an awesome one in it's self :D

I'll make a note of that name and look up more of his work by the way, that was awesome stuff I saw!

24. Blue_but_beautiful

Jan 16, 2006
    My newest WIP - with explaination ;)

http://blue-but-beautiful.deviantart.com/art/Boba-Line-art-62484695

25. ForceGhostOfCozmic

ForceGhostOfCozmic Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 25, 2005
    Some cool pieces you have here and it was cool seeing your work at CE [face_peace]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.