main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Bo-Katan in Rebels (or anyother NEU material)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by jamminjedi23, Jun 22, 2016.

1. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015
    After finding out about Saw today I went back and watched the Onderon arc and decided to watch the Maul arc as well. I'm becoming a little surprised that Bo-Katan hasn't been used at all in the NEU since that Maul arc a few years ago. I'm beginning to wonder if there aren't any real plans to use that character again (she wasn't in the Mandalorian episode in last season of Rebels).

You think she'll still be in Rebels at some point before the series ends or do you think the chances are becoming slim that we will see her. I know a couple years ago she was being talked about a lot because people speculated that she might be Sabine's mom. But nothing has come of that yet.

If she doesn't appear in Rebels it looks like the chances of her being used again anytime soon becomes pretty small as it looks like they are going to be moving out of the dark times period after the show is over.

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    Since they are going big with the Mandalore storyline next season we might at least hear about her. I also added a Rebels tag to your title.

3. MandoArtist

MandoArtist Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2015
    It's a relatively popular theory that she's Sabine's mother, but my own personal theory is that it's Rook Kast.

4. jamminjedi23

Feb 19, 2015

Rook Kast is an interesting character in that the Darth Maul comic was the only thing she was ever in. She's practically just a replacement for Bo-Katan since they couldn't really have Bo in the story due to the fact that she left Death Watch after Maul took over. She does infact look like Sabine in many ways though. Although its hard to tell if she was even a character thought up by Filoni or just a new character added in by the writer of that comic.

The main issue I think there is with Sabine being either Bo-Katan or Rook Kast's kid is that I think Sabine would have already been born by the time the stories that those two characters were in took place. The Wook has Sabine being born in 21BBY. Which I think is correct. When the show started out it said she was 16 and that was at the very tail end of 5BBY.

5. MandoArtist

Nov 12, 2015
    Well, I think Rebels would be an excellent opportunity to add to her, If my theory turns out true.

6. jamminjedi23

Feb 19, 2015
    They could. Though I do think Sabine would have already been born by the time Rook Kast was in that comic (as well as Bo-Katan's season 5 episodes).

7. MandoArtist

Nov 12, 2015
    Well, I also theorised that Sabine's father may have taken Sabine away from Deathwatch when she was born. Her father left Deathwatch to raise Sabine, her mother stayed.

8. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    The Rook Kast theory has been around since the Sabine Wren character first debuted. Gar Saxon and Rook Kast seemed like OK fresh characters, and Maul's Death Watch made DW into something memorable, just a shame the SOD arc was not animated. Am not sure they have the pills to make Sabine Wren turn "traitor" but it would make sense in some ways imo.

9. MandoArtist

Nov 12, 2015
    Well it's possibly that Sabine wasn't ever really apart of Deathwatch in the first place, she simply has blood relating to them.

10. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    To be Honest I hope she's dead because I grow tired of everyone we know from TCW fighting the empire for twenty years and non of them dying, so I hope she is dead.

11. jamminjedi23

Feb 19, 2015

That is true and it definitely is a fine line in that regard. It's ok to bring a few people over to a different time period but you don't want to get into too much of a habit of doing it. Characters like Ahsoka made sense since she was a former Jedi and had really powerful connections. Cham was ok since they basically just had him sticking around Ryloth. Just like Cham though they would really have to find a proper place for Bo-Katan to not feel shoehorned in.

12. The Mirificus

The Mirificus Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 25, 2015
    We've been hanging out with Jedi survivors and avowed Rebels thus far, which gives us a skewed view of the Galaxy. Meeting more Mandalorians, IMO, gives us a chance to break from the pattern of "everyone we know from TCW fighting the Empire for twenty years and not dying." Rather than having dead characters who fought the Empire at some time in the past, I think we will meet people who are who have survived by not fighting the Empire. After all, we should be left with the impression that most people in the Galaxy aren't Rebels. My predictions:

Bo-Katan: alive, not fighting the Empire. She's waiting this one out, knowing that Mandalore isn't militarily strong enough to take on the Empire. Plus, she's in kind of a weird place, because she's the one who invited the Republic to invade Mandalore. If that became the Imperial occupation (rather than these being separate events), she may view the Empire as the lesser of evils. Maybe the Ghost crew will convince her to ally and fight, and find hope by looking beyond just her people.

Rook, aka Sabine's mom (I think): I could go either way. Maybe dead, that's how Sabine inherited the helmet. Initially, that's what I thought. Or, maybe alive, part of the Empire. Sabine says "the Empire" when asked what happened to her parents; it's ambiguous. She also acknowledges her mom a traitor, but claims not to be one herself. Sabine is proud of time she spent with her family, and admires the Death Watch armor in her sketchbook, so I don't think mom's DW allegiance is the source of the "traitor" thing from her perspective. I think Sabine is agreeing with the Protectors' assessment, but not necessarily their reason. I think Rook accepted an offer to betray Maul, which is why he was alone, without the Mandalorian darksaber, and without allies to rescue him off Malachor. I think Sabine, raised mostly by dad and knowing a little but not a lot about DW, idealizes them and doesn't really understand the choice mom faced (especially since she knows what the Empire is like, and mom may not have). She just thinks "once we were awesome soldiers, then my parents joined the evil Empire. Sad face."

MandoArtist likes this.
  13. Darthmaul208

Darthmaul208 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 29, 2013
    Uh so you guys let me down, no one's mentioned this?
    Bo Katan was going to appear in the Siege of Mandalore Series finald arc/storyline.

[​IMG]

Provisional leader of what? The government? The Republic forces?

Maul was also in the arc but we know he escapes and ends up on Malachor.
    Perhaps Maul kills her?
    Or she leads a Mandalorian faction and is then replaced or killed.

I'll bet money she's name dropped next season revealing something more or at Celebration in 20 days.

CoolyFett and rumsmuggler like this.
  14. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Just adding my two cents for the topic. I'd like to see Bo-Katan's character have a connection, in some degree, to Sabine. Among my favorite non-Ahsoka TCW arcs was the one on Mandalore involving Kenobi, Maul, Satine, and Bo-Katan. Just think of the scenario: Bo-Katan is Sabine's mother. Maul slayed Satine's aunt before she was born. Maul has come out of the shadows and revealed himself to the Ghost Crew (at least the ones on Malachor). Can Sabine possibly hold a grudge with him that we never knew about before?

15. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    I don't see Bo-Katan walking away from Maul. Either Maul or the Clones killed her I think, but you never know.

16. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    I don't remember if she had any kind of role to play in SOD, but considering she was still on Mandalore when Paps flung Maul around like a toy and captured him, she very well could've survived all these years.

17. jamminjedi23

Feb 19, 2015

No Bo-Katan wasn't in SOD. That was actually when Rook Kast was created (in all likelihood as a replacement for Bo since her presence wouldn't make sense story wise since she abandoned Death Watch once Maul took over).

18. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    I wouldn't call Rook Kast a replacement for Bo-Katan, nor is Gar Saxon a replacement for anyone. In "Shades of Reason" there are both regular Death Watch and Nite Owls who side with Maul after he kills Vizsla. Bo-Katan does take some of her loyal followers but not all of them. So it's not really a retcon but a logical next step that Maul's Mando "Super Commandos" showed up in SoD, it's just that by that time we got to see them without their helmets on and a bit more active in the plot. I'm betting they show up again in Siege of Mandalore, they are probably fighting against the Nite Owls, after all we know Bo Katan is in Siege of Mandalore, the intended final arc of the series.

iPodwithnomusic likes this.
  19. jamminjedi23

Feb 19, 2015

I'm guessing the Siege of Mandalore will be in the upcoming Ahsoka book then? They could only deal with the aftereffects of it in Rebels since it would have been about 16 years since it happened by the time of season 3 of Rebels.

Darthmaul208 likes this.
  20. Darthmaul208

Darthmaul208 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 29, 2013
    Well there's no way in my mind, how you could do a story about Ahsoka and not include any details about SOM. It may not actually show it but something will crop up about it.

21. Sannom

Sannom Jedi Master star 3

Nov 14, 2011
    Doubtful. The book is set after the clone wars and the siege of Mandalore is something that Filoni & Co would really, really like to animate, so they're not going to tell that story so "soon" after TCW ended in another format.

22. The Mirificus

The Mirificus Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 25, 2015
    I think, if there's any chance of there being and animated Siege of Mandalore, that the "hints" we'd get will be minimal. Remember when kept getting promised background on Sabine, and we'd all get excited, and then it'd turn out to be one sentence like "she spent a couple years as a bounty hunter" or "her mom was in the Death Watch"? Yeah, that thing. One "reveal" hinges on the next, and IMO, even influences the story. I still think we didn't much Sabine backstory because that would have necessitated name-dropping Maul, which would have "ruined the surprise" re: Season 2 finale.

On the other hand, an Ahsoka novel could have Mandalorian characters. For instance, if "provisional leader" refers to "...of the government", we could get a return to Mandalore, or a call for advice from that nation, to show Bo Katan (or Korkie, if Bo no longer lives) losing the planet to the Empire. We wouldn't have to know much about Siege of Mandalore, only that a non-Jedi character Ahsoka had previously helped is in peril. It would make sense to see characters like these Mandalorians, and the people of Onderon, losing to the Empire under Ahsoka's witness... providing her with personal motivation to take up the Rebel cause beyond the "I fight for justice" thing.

23. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Agreed. jamminjedi23 They will deal with the high level aftermath of where Ahsoka is and what she is dealing with after the war, but not the details of everything that happened in the Siege of Mandalore. We may get flashes but he wants to produce that story arc and wants to save it for a fully animated production.

iPodwithnomusic likes this.
  24. jamminjedi23

Feb 19, 2015
    They may wish to animate it but when would they have a chance to do that? They can't really go off and do any animation projects they choose to do and really have to work in time periods and projects that Lucasfilm and Disney approve of. Filoni likely will get another series to do after Rebels is done but it will likely take place post ROTJ. So when exactly would they be hoping they could do something like that as that wouldn't necessarily be a small side project they could work on while doing something else?

25. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    It took Lucas 16 years to make the Prequels following Return of the Jedi. If they wait to make Siege of Mandalore, cost of animation may go down. Or the thought of it will just fade into the ether, it depends on how much he wants to make it, what happens with the franchise, and how vocal fans are about seeing it.