main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Bo-Katan in Rebels (or anyother NEU material)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by jamminjedi23, Jun 22, 2016.

1. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Ahsoka ran away from Maul during their first meet before Malachor over on Mandalore, so things likely did not end well with her and her friends on Mandalore. I find it hard to believe that either Anakin and/or Kenobi would be OK with Ahsoka going after Maul on her own let alone confident in her being able to capture or kill Maul, so likely other Jedi Knights were involved, just her and Rex I think is a bit of a stretch. Its not really clear even why Ashoka would actually think she could take Maul since she could not take Bariss, Ventress or Grievous, to me some things arent exactly well thought out plus she would've been absent at least a season and half before we saw her again. The art appears to depict Tano in her Jedi padawan outfit, not her biker trash outfit, so its curious indeed, less its just the art but I doubt it as Filoni did say that arc was to have something to do with her being brought back into the Jedi Order. So the Jedi Council and Ahsoka relations would've been partially rehabilitated during this arc. Also the siege of Mandalore could've taken a long time, and basically happened simultaneously with the events that occurred during ROTS but Anakin never seemed in a rush to go aid Ahsoka and Rex, he was more bitter of not being chosen to capture or destroy General Grievous and resented Kenobi being chosen instead. So some things arent clear to me at all. I find ROTS still not entirely compatible with these events occurring in TCW, you just have to accept it and move along.

Most likely the Ahsoka book would cover some details if not the entire run of events, but if we don't hear anything about this arc during celebration, then its not likely to be made into an animated movie. And if Ahsoka never again shows up on Rebels, and maybe did succumb to her wounds on Malachor, then we may never know.

Darthmaul208 likes this.
  2. The Mirificus

The Mirificus Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 25, 2015

I think Ahsoka's loss and the fate of her allies are separate things. Here's my treatment, which doesn't have a big Jedi-vs-Maul moment. Instead, the climaxes are the Republic victory on Mandalore, and the coming of Order 66. Ahsoka's interaction with Maul is in some ways a foreshadowing: the former-Jedi loses to, and runs from, the former-Sith. Soon, as the Empire is born, the real-Jedi will lose to, and run from, the real-Sith.

I would guess the Siege of Mandalore is long and terrible. Bo-Katan's rebels are the minority, and even more so once the Republic "invasion" hits. More people join Maul, many of them civilians fighting, believing they are defending their homeworld. It's a quagmire; lots of loss for the gain of a single planet. If it were an easy win, no one would have agreed with Obi-wan (in addition to Anakin) being taken away from it. But the Republic is bound to win, because they have millions of soldiers. Even if Maul were to start going through the neutral systems Mongolian-style, whatever he could assemble would be no match for the cloned army.

I agree with you in that I don't see Ahsoka seeking to fight against Maul. I think the "Lady Tano" name is a clue; I think that's how she is introduced to him. Perhaps she was advising a small delegation of people to ask him to step down as leader, once his military is defeated and citizens are fleeing and/or giving up fighting. Ahsoka is nervous about contacting the Jedi, but puts on her old clothes and, at Bo-Katan's urging, gives it her best try. She tells the Jedi news of the Republic victory, receives their blessing to install Bo-Katan as "provisional leader," and gets an extra gold star for her plans to approach Maul with diplomacy, not confrontation. The Council (without Obi-wan and Anakin, who are busy with the events at the start of Ep III) agrees it is best if the Mandalorians and Republic peace delegates lead; they can always work on capturing Maul later, after he's left Mandalore and presumably lost more allies. It would be the politically safer move, as well, to wait until Maul is off Mandalore to target him. Of course, they do not ever get the chance to do so.

Ahsoka thinks the situation's a no-brainer, but is quickly owned -- not by Maul's Force abilities, but his skill with logic, and his commanding presence. Maul points out both the immorality and illegality of invading a neutral planet, and how, because Mandalorian laws work differently than Republic ones, he actually is legitimately the ruler. He then tosses some line at her about how he'd expect this kind of behavior from a Jedi. She is surprised and dismayed that he would know her identity so easily, but quickly corrects him on the technicality: she was a Jedi, not is one. That's how he knows this thing in the S2 finale. He regards her for a moment carefully, with a little more respect, as he has been separating himself from the Sith Order during his time with the Mandalorians. This is his home now, and his source of power, even if it is much less power than was promised to him by his former Master. He is unwilling to give up, the peace negotiation never gets anywhere, and soon enough one of the two Force users (it really doesn't matter which one) defensively pulls a lightsaber. They don't actually fight much before Ahsoka breaks and flees, and the overall feeling is more frustration than animosity, so Ahsoka and Maul don't end up with a "bad relationship." Maul might even give her, as she leaves, a cryptic warning about what is to come.

And then, Order 66 goes down and Ahsoka is rescued by Rex. Bo-Katan, who has learned that negotiations once again "went as planned" takes a final offensive aimed, really, just at Maul, as the Republic troops are pulling out of Sundari. There are, predictably, big explosions. We last see Ahsoka and Rex heading together away from the chaos, into the Mandalorian desert (though really, I hope not on a wolf, lol).

3. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    In " Darth Maul: Shadow Conspiracy", Bo-Katan actually attempted to step forward and reach for her blaster & shoot Maul to save Vizsla from certain death - but one of the Death Watch soldiers stopped her by grabbing her as it was forbidden.

4. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Still how many of us will really want to wait more then 4 more years on this?

5. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    She should know better than interfere in a challenge like that, but I guess her feelings for Pre took over.

6. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Let's talk about this character reappearing in Star Wars! Mandatory let's go!

7. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    So she and Sabine don't seem to be getting along in the first part of the trailer.

8. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    I have been looking forward to her return. Glad that it looks like she will be the one to lead Mandalore. Hoping Rau is still around as a 2nd in command type for her.

9. MandoArtist

MandoArtist Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2015
    I'm glad it's not Sabine who leads Mandalore. As much as I like her, it just doesn't seem Sabine to be a leader.

It would seem so! Clearly they'll settle their differences.

starocean90 likes this.
  10. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Spoiler about the episode that aired.
    Bo does not want to be the leader of Mandalore and she thinks it is someone else

11. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    What about the shot of her, Sabine and Ursa from the trailer?

12. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Big spoilers! Please don't read unless you really want to.
    Ursa dies in this episode so that takes place in a previous one

13. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    That's really sad. Sabine has to be heartbroken. Is Fenn in the episode? Does he know Bo?

14. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Yes and
    her brother also dies, but she reunited with her father

15. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Does Fenn live and do they mention how he knows Bo? Also what's Sabine's father's name? How did they get Bo's help in the first place?

16. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Well this whole thread is a spoiler.
    I'm certainly glad about Bo-Katan's return. I guess it's unfortunate that we won't get to see her confront Maul. I wonder if she'll meet up with Kenobi.

Once upon a time :(
    [​IMG]

17. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Fenn Lives and we don't know how they recruited Bo I also don't currently remember her father's name.

18. Sandtrooper956

Sandtrooper956 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2015
    Huge episode spoiler read with caution:
    From what I've read Ursa and Tristan are killed by Sabine's weapon, and it's brutal. Apparently the weapon completely disintegrates their bodies along with many other no name mandos fighting alongside them. At the end Sabine is crying over their remains. All that remains of her Mother and Brother are ashes. So yeah, it's got Clone Wars beat when it comes to darkness if you ask me.

CoolyFett and Jedi Knight Fett like this.
  19. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    You heard correctly

20. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    well
    that fits those Mando helmets concept as well as Filoni saying that S4 will be a bit darker.

21. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    I was at the Rebels panel at Celebration. I think she is a good character. I'd love to see the backstory of Satine, Pre Visla, Sabines mother and Jango Fett. One could take all the Mandalore episodes from TCW and Rebels and create a storyline from those alone. Great material for a standalone film.

22. CoolyFett

Feb 3, 2003
    Maybe now after so many years fans finally get an explanation about Vaders warning to Boba Fett in ESB! I think Boba will show up!

23. TheMechanical0ne

TheMechanical0ne Jedi Master star 1

Aug 24, 2014
    I'm pretty sure Vader warning Boba Fett about 'No disintegrations' was already explained in the Darth Vader series of comics, the ones that first introduced Aphra, 0-0-0 and BT-1. If I remember correctly one of the bounty hunters disintegrated what they thought was Aphra despite Vader warning otherwise, resulting in the bounty hunter to get Force choked for disobeying his instructions.

24. DavrelKex

DavrelKex Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 18, 2016

That's....disappointing. I liked it more when it something specific to Fett.

25. CoolyFett

Feb 3, 2003
    Darth Vader comics? Lol ok, but it's never explained in the Filoniverse. I don't know about any Vader comics. Just the Filoniverse and the main 6 films.