main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Mandalorian Bo-Katan in The Mandalorian (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by BalanceOfTheForce, Nov 13, 2020.

1. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014

Are you talking arranged marriages of eugenics?

As far as the armor...Sabine says that each generation reforges existing armor.

2. godisawesome

godisawesome Skywalker Saga Undersheriff star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 14, 2010
    I think they might be referring to the idea that the creators of the show might specifically have in mind showing the two generations before Satine and Bo-Katan, which goes beyond Adonai Kryze's one mention in old Pre-Disney supplementary material.

It does bring up an interesting question about why the Kryze armor that Bo-Katan's wearing "only" goes back three generations. Might they be a young clan and House? Or won that particular set of armor in combat?

Last edited: Jan 28, 2022
  3. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    They say that the most powerfull houses of Mandalore is both house Kryze and house Viszla and both have history.

4. Chris0013

May 21, 2014
    Could just be that is was first forged 3 generations ago...Like Din Djarin is the 1st generation to wear his armor.

godisawesome likes this.
  5. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I hope season 3 of The Mandorian goes into the backstory of Bo Katan for new viewers, her having a sister who ruled Mandalore and newphew who might still be alive. Maybe having flashbacks to Bo and Satine together. Satine's death still haunts her.

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  6. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    He's the perfect age and look to take his performance from animation to live action.

Count Yubnub and godisawesome like this.
  7. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Shame his buddy, who played Gar Saxon died in Rebels. But could appear in Bad Batch.

8. Chris0013

May 21, 2014
    OK...so please tell me that I am not the only one having visions of Fang fighters launching from an Imperial Light Cruiser?

Django Fett and godisawesome like this.
  9. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    I'd likely give high marks to that episode if they featured some flashbacks of Satine and suggest the possibility of Korkie being alive.

[​IMG]

Edit:
    I should take that back about Korkie being alive. I didn't remember, but Bo herself suggested in the early Mando episode that she was "the last of her line". I've read somewhere that he apparently died in a battle during the early days of the rebellion against the empire around aged 20; though I'm not sure exactly which sources they got that from.

10. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Nothing been said about Korkie since season 5 of the clone wars, lol. And he was around 16 in the clone wars. He might have lived up to around Rebels when he would be in his mid to late 30's. And he seems more like pacifics like his aunt Satine, so he might not have become a mandalorian warrior.

11. godisawesome

Dec 14, 2010
    ...Or a Mon Calamari Cruiser, if they allied with the rebels afterwards.

Fenn's possible allegiances post-Purge could be fascinating, as would be his relationship with Bo-Katan. After all, the Protectors fought against Death Watch, and still bore a grudge against them during their first episode of Rebels, while Fenn got personally won over by Sabine and eventually supported Bo when Sabine relinquished the saber... and then promptly lost the war that led to the Great Purge and seems, implicitly at least, to have forsaken any possible tie to the Rebellion.

Fenn and any re-formed Protectors could open up another totally different perspective from the Mandalorians, much like Sabine; it's just as plausible they could still be pro-Rebellion, and possibly shepherding the remaining civilian population of Mandalore as refugees, as it is they still ally with Bo-Katan or have been wiped out.

12. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    This is where I got the info about Korkie's apparent death.
    Korkie Kryze

During Imperial rule, he supplied Rebel cells on Mandalore with money and weapons. Hearing of the Rebel Origins, he joined, helping provide them with supplies and weapons. There he was reunited with Sakura, with whom he became good friends, although they never reignited their romance. In 19 BBY, Sakura was killed during a ambush on Sarrakh. This was a devastating blow to Korkie, who still had feelings for her. In vengeance, he marshaled an attack against Sarrakh in pursuit of the Dark Lord Xeurros, formerly Luke Torres. This battle saw the death of Korkie, age 20.

Again, I'm not sure where they got the information from.

13. godisawesome

Dec 14, 2010
    Unfortunately, that seems like a "Fanon" wikipedia rather than the more factual Wookiepedia.

Fredrik Vallestrand likes this.
  14. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Oh, ok. Wonder if they change that or keep, it's sad if soon after Satine's death, he dies too.
    So it is likey bs then.

15. Chris0013

May 21, 2014
    With the Light Cruiser I am talking about Gideon's that hopefully Bo kept for herself after turning Gideon over to the NR.

16. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    I don't remember - does Tiber Saxon die too? Tobias Menzies, who voiced him, looks the part and is an absolutely extraordinary actor.

Darth Chiznuk and Bor Mullet like this.
  17. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Died in explousion in his stardestroyer after Sabine destroys her old weapon. But hey come in brother number 3!

Bor Mullet likes this.
  18. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Ok that's fine then. I thought it was maybe pulled by some EU/Legends book; or even some of the novels that have come out in the last decade.

19. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Right, he was on the star destroyer. Well, it's Star Wars - we never saw a body, so he isn't dead. :p

Bor Mullet likes this.
  20. Chris0013

May 21, 2014
    Who knows...maybe Korkie is out there operating in secret. Would love for him to show up and start referring to Bo as 'Auntie'.

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  21. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Menzies is one of the best actors around. Would be insane to have him in a Star Wars show playing a Mandalorian.

Mostly Handless and TCF-1138 like this.
  22. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    Well, he actually did play a Mandalorian in a Star Wars show. :p
    But yes, I would love for him to show up in live action. He's just one of those actors where you really believe him 100% in anything he does. Magnificent at his craft.

Mostly Handless and Bor Mullet like this.
  23. godisawesome

Dec 14, 2010
    Have him show up with a gnarly facial scar and a prosthetic limb from the Duchess melting down in the room he was in before he could stop it, followed by bitterness from the fact that after he escaped and healed, his revenge and dreams of power were usurped by Gideon.

24. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    His whole face and body, I mean, not just a disembodied voice. ;)

25. FromDromundKaasWithLove

FromDromundKaasWithLove Jedi Master star 3

Jan 20, 2020
    It is.