main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Mandalorian Bo-Katan in The Mandalorian (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by BalanceOfTheForce, Nov 13, 2020.

1. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    But what does that mean; did whoever wrote all of that just fanfic some amazingly wild concoction of an otherwise obscure character that hardly anyone (outside of those who watched TCW) ever knew about?

2. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    Probably...At least Wookieepedia tries to keep things sourced.
    https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Korkie_Kryze

This is all it says about whether or not he is alive...

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  3. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    I know, but why would I resist a chance to be that guy when we're talking? :p
    I'm on board with this!

Bor Mullet and godisawesome like this.
  4. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Yeah I'm fine just going along with that. And if Bo gets her own show (or has a bigger role to play in one of the already established series) maybe we can get some more clarification about his whereabouts. Considering it was never established on what degree of relationship Korkie had with Bo (as opposed to her sister), it's hard to know if she's even thought about him all of these years.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2022
  5. theorenwulf

theorenwulf Jedi Master star 2

Jul 12, 2015
    To me it looks like a wiki that someone made for their RPG campaign. And pulling an obscure character like Korkie out of the hat is exactly the kind of creativity I'd expect from a Game Master that makes something like this. Since nothing is known about Korkies fate after Clone Wars you can give your players a character that they are familiar with to interact with and can use that character however you want, without contradicting anything in canon.

This definetely has no basis in anything that was published either in Canon or Legends.

6. FromDromundKaasWithLove

FromDromundKaasWithLove Jedi Master star 3

Jan 20, 2020
    Pretty much, yes. A wikipedia is an excellent way of keeping an archive for story information. They're used by authors, roleplaying groups, fanfiction writers etc.

Some also write fictional articles for their wikipedias because it is good practice in refining information and delivering it in a concise fasion.

In some cases, people aren't good at writing or uninterested in writing the story itself, but they still like to explore their story ideas and see them expressed; personal wikipedias provide the opportunity. They can explore the story without having to deal with the hassle of actually writing the story.

"DISCLAIMER
    NOTHING IN THESE EDITS ARE REAL, THEY ARE A WORK OF PURE FICTION. THIS WIKI IS NOT AFFILIATED WITH ANY STORIES RELATED TO THE STAR WARS SAGA, OR ANY DISNEY PRODUCT. THIS IS PURELY A WIKI FOR STORIES MADE BY THE EDITORS OF THIS PAGE"
    Galaxy Wars Wiki | Fandom

7. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Indeed.

...Course, it does seem likely that he is dead because as a Kryze he is a potential threat and honestly Maul seems like the kind of person to execute Korkie just to make Satine extra sad.

8. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    I doubt Maul cared that Mutch for it and his arrogance probaly though Korkie was too small to be a threath. If anything Korike dies in later years by rebelling against the empire.

9. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Well that's what was thoroughly detailed in that fanfic story.

10. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Yess but i hope he lives longer then 20, lol. Maybe he dies close to Rebels or during the Great Purge.

11. Chris0013

May 21, 2014
    I hope he's still alive...the more the merrier.

12. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I hope so too, but her line might mean he's dead and he's been ignored since clone wars.

13. Chris0013

May 21, 2014
    No onscreen or on page death means there is hope. As I already said...I would love him to show up...maybe with those other 3 cadets from the academy.

14. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I think Bad Batch season 2 if go back to Mandalore might give us some of that hope.

15. VexedAtVohai

VexedAtVohai Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 4, 2020
    The idea of The Book of Bo-Katan as a limited series is growing on me. She's one of the more interesting characters in the franchise right now whose fate isn't known, but I'm not sure how well she'd work as a main character. She'd need to be much more morally ambiguous and untrustworthy than we've seen from Din or Boba so far. I don't really want to end up liking her or the Armourer.

16. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I wonder if could be like a prequel and be about the Great Purge.

17. Chris0013

May 21, 2014
    I would think somewhat the opposite if she is trying to unite the Clans...more along the lines of morally ambiguous while at the same time being trustworthy.

18. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018

Bo Katan in concept art.

19. godisawesome

godisawesome Skywalker Saga Undersheriff star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 14, 2010
    Okay, I just realized that even though Bo (and it looked like the Nite Owls as a whole) was a major feature in both TM Season 3 teasers… and we didn’t resurrect this thread yet for rampant analysis, observation, and speculation.:D

So… Bo has a throne. No, it’s not her sister’s, and it doesn’t appear to be in the palace in Sundari; the chair has a wider “V” shaped base and the room seems narrower and full of pillars.

It definitely looks like her Nite Owls are going to be heavily featured - and I spotted at least one new paint job among them, so it’s not just Koska and Axe pulling double duty. You see them doing some kind of Mandalorian equivalent to a paratrooper attack, and acting as a fireteam covering each other backs somewhere.

And Bo at what point sarcastically asks Grogu “What? Did you think your dad was the only Mandalorian?” which is odd, since Koska saved Grogu from the mamacore and the. They all sat down to eat together afterwards…

So what do you think is up?

I think it looks like Bo and Din are back on some kind of tentative alliance, though with some tension because of the Darksaber, and possibly teaming up to establish a beachhead on Mandalore early into Season 3… but a lot of the podcasts I listen to think she’s being positioned as an antagonist as well…

MercenaryAce likes this.
  20. Chris0013

May 21, 2014
    The throne might be at the Clay Kryze home. Like the throne in the Clan Wren stronghold on Krownest...could be a standard part of Mandalorian culture.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 4, 2022
    godisawesome likes this.
  21. godisawesome

Dec 14, 2010
    We’ve yet to see Kalevala at all in any Star Wars media, even though it’s (implicitly) Clan Kryze’s home. It’s still supposed to be located in the Mandalorian Sector itself, next to the home planet. *If* they’re looking at retaking Mandalore this season, Kalevala would make a good staging ground.

MercenaryAce likes this.
  22. MercenaryAce

Aug 10, 2005
    Agreed. Actually seeing Kalevala would be really interesting, and it would be a logical staging ground for a retaking of Mandalore, especially by a Kryze.

As for Bo-Katan ally or antagonist - I am going to go with ally, but with a lot of tension boiling into hostility. And that overall a big theme of the season will be uniting the different Mandalorian factions in a common purpose, rather than taking sides with or against any of them.

23. Chris0013

May 21, 2014
    Have they defined what Kalevala's environment is in Nu-Canon yet? Legends has it as a toxic desert...but would something more habitable be better for the story in nu-canon?

Last edited: Jun 8, 2022
    MercenaryAce likes this.
  24. godisawesome

Dec 14, 2010
    They already somewhat downgraded Mandalore itself back in Rebels, so I suspect Kalevala will be somewhat similar; at minimum, a place where characters don’t need helmets on the entire time.

25. MercenaryAce

Aug 10, 2005
    Well, looking on the wook I can't see anything about what the environment is like, and honestly even if there was some sourcebook saying that somewhere, small references like that are easily and commonly overwritten. I imagine they would want to avoid making Kalevala too much like Mandalore itself, even if just by adding more water or something.