main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Mandalorian Bo-Katan in The Mandalorian (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by BalanceOfTheForce, Nov 13, 2020.

1. Meeko Ghintee

Meeko Ghintee Jedi Master star 3

Mar 6, 2015
    I just don’t like how Bo Katan is now treated like a hero character. She burnt down a village of innocent people. In the Clone Wars, she only helped good people when it was to her advantage and only because she messed up by thinking she and Vizla could pull a fast one on Maul. By Rebels she’s suddenly the wise new ruler of Mandalore when there is absolutely no set up for the audience to root for that to happen.

shaak fett, Snafu55 and MrDarth0 like this.
  2. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    The death of her sister had a large impact on her I think but she’s still kind of a morally grey character. She tries to use Obi-Wan’s feelings for her sister to manipulate him into helping her and she kind of reneged on her agreement with Din and forced him to help her take the ship.

LedReader, TCF-1138 , Snafu55 and 4 others like this.
  3. godisawesome

godisawesome Skywalker Saga Undersheriff star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 14, 2010
    There’s dramatic potential in giving her an introspective scene dealing with her mistakes at some point...

4. Meeko Ghintee

Meeko Ghintee Jedi Master star 3

Mar 6, 2015
    Hopefully that comes through. But considering how Ahsoka was cool with her in Clone Wars, I feel like she’s now gonna be treated as a “good guy”. Unless Sabine fights her for the Darksaber or something

5. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Well also with Ahsoka there was the big bit of joining forces to take down a terrible enemy (Maul), so I can see Ahsoka as having set aside her misgivings about Bo for the sake of taking down such a dangerous foe.

6. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018

Bo-Katan theme!

Last edited: Nov 14, 2020
  7. darthfettus2015

darthfettus2015 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2012
    was so cool to see her in live Action

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  8. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Bo is really among my favorite characters from TCW and then into Rebels. It was certainly pleasant to see her in the live action role; thank you Dave Filoni. It only made sense that if you're going to figure shoe-horning Boba Fett (who ISN'T AND NEVER WAS A MANDALORIAN) into this show, that you'll feature a character linked to the true Mandalorians from the TCW days. I found it a nice added touch that it was her that Din about Ahsoka; we know they only fought on the same side towards the end of the Clone Wars against Maul. It brings to question just how long did they "keep in touch" throughout the Empire era. Maybe they just got reacquainted through Sabine?

Snafu55 and Fredrik Vallestrand like this.
  9. The Chalk Jedi

The Chalk Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2019
    I'm still kind of amazed at how amazing she was. Bo-Katan is such a perfect character for Katee, and Star Wars.

10. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I think maybe Bo and Ahsoka might have kept in touch since she joined the rebellion, Maybe Bo saved Ahsoka from the desert of Malachor.

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  11. Reepicheep775

Reepicheep775 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 27, 2019
    Much as I like Bo Katan as a character in all of her appearances, I agree with you. It feels like there is a significant chunk of her story missing... which, to be fair, there is because there's a significant time gap between TCW and Rebels. I can certainly buy her changing in that time, but it would have been nice to see it happen on screen.

12. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    I really hope they tell the story of Qui Gon and Obi Wan's mission to protect Satine prior to TPM. I feel like that would heavily involve Bo Katan and her motivations to join Death Watch. Obi Wan seemed to recognize her from the past in TCW during his escape from Maul. I don't see another way he would come to the realization that the enemy of his enemy was actually Satine's sister.

Snafu55 likes this.
  13. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Maybe Bad Batch can show us little of that.

14. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Sorry but that autocorrect is to funny

BalanceOfTheForce likes this.
  15. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I think Bo with her age was probaly 10 years younger then Satine so probaly a just a small child, a new source book mentions that Obi wan or Satine were 15 years old when Qui gon and Obi Wan went to Mandalore, So we have another teenage ruler to add.

Snafu55 likes this.
  16. Verbal21

Verbal21 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 5, 2011
    She was pretty much with Pre Vizsla and were basically Extremists like Saw Guerrera but it was always to bring Mandalore back to prominence. I think with Kenobi foiling their plans and them being exiled, they ended up making a deal with the devil when Maul literally fell into their laps. And it was even more downhill from there.

I don’t really think Bo’s lifelong mission has ever really changed. She still wants in The Mando as she did in season 2 of TCW. It’s like we’ve just been slowly shown different angles and perspectives as Bo’s life goes on in this crazy galaxy.

17. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Okay let’s say that’s true. Obi Wan was 25 in TPM so that would make her be born in 50 BBY. So that would make her 59 during the Mandalorian. If my math is correct

again she doesn’t look 59.

also I agree Bo Katan is a terrorist by almost every definition of the word

Tan-Wessel likes this.
  18. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I think Satine by now would probaly be 59 - 60.

Snafu55 likes this.
  19. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    No. Let’s say she was the same age as Kenobi that would make her 57 in ANH 61 in ROTJ and 66 in Mandalorian if she was alive.
    Hmm that means my math for Bo Katan was off. She would be 56 in Mando. If she was 10 years younger than Satine

Tan-Wessel likes this.
  20. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    Bo-Katan was definitely no saint. She was as ruthless as it gets.

Snafu55 likes this.
  21. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Maybe Bo Katan’ safe were the friends we made along the way. :p

22. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    For all we know it's between 10-15 years apart. also there's an older unknown sibling. Royal famalies with children years apart. I think she's no more then 50 to not make it hard to see Bo- Katan looking like in her 40's while almsot 60.

23. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Again if you make her less than 20 by the time we meet her in TCW that is pushing it a lot. Let’s assume at the bare minimum she was 20 when we first met her in 20BBY that makes her 49. And that is pushing it a lot.

Tan-Wessel likes this.
  24. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I think she's around Anakin's age, 23 not too young and not too old and mature.

Snafu55 likes this.
  25. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    If she was Anakin’s age that makes her 50.

Tan-Wessel likes this.