main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Board stereotyping and Group flames: Where is the line? (Official Statement posted)

Discussion in 'Communications' started by _princess_leia_, Jun 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
    Your right, it is much better and considerably more productive to continue to lobby for the closing of the WNU. It is pointless to wait a bit and see what results come of the revamping first, let's just throw in the towel now before we even know what changes are implimented.

Yep, much better path. Makes so much more sense to do that. :rolleyes:

Also, it appears that the ones continuing to be vocal about the issue are people who don't even post in the WNU and have never actually contributed to the forum in any way at all. Doesn't that seem a bit odd?

I understand those aren't your problems with the WNU, but obviously others feel that way since those points keep being regurgitated with no reasoning to back up those views.

Unnecessary to you? Obviously you wouldn't have a need for it, nor do I. The question isn't about wether experienced posters need the forum but rather if it is necessary to those new posters who actually go there and use it. It has consistant traffic, stays relavitely active, and there always seems to be a demand for advice and direction by new posters.

Also, how is it not accomplishing it's slated objective? You can keep questioning if it is or not, but you have given no real reasoning as to why you think it isn't living up to it's purpose. People can keep repeating what has been said about the WNU filling it's role, but if you don't want to accept or hear the views that new users are getting a benefit from the forum that is up to you.

2. Dingo

Dingo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2001
    The original subject of this thread has been dealt with. While a new and related subject has come up, it has been stated that there are movements occurring on this front. If people are only going to cover the same ground again and again with no purpose then we can table this until we finish rolling out what we have planned.

Any further questions, complaints or issues can be taken up with one of the administrators.

3. Rogue...Jedi

Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2000
    I?m going to leave this locked for now, for the same reasons Dingo posted. However, if you have something new to contribute that hasn?t been discussed previously (such as a new suggestion for how to improve WNU), PM me and I may reopen the thread at that point.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.