main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Mandalorian Boba Fett in The Mandalorian & Spinoffs (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by RX_Sith, May 9, 2020.

1. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    yeah, the Mandalorian is already it’s own thing, just because Boba Fett and Ahsoka will appear for an episode or two isn’t going to change that.

2. Lord-Skywalker

Lord-Skywalker Hangman Host/ 17X Wacky Wed Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner VIP - Game Host

Jul 8, 2002
    Not sure what all the heartburn is all about, "In Filoni We Trust" ^:)^

RetropME and TadoFett like this.
  3. Darth Chuck Norris

Darth Chuck Norris Jedi Master star 4

Sep 13, 2014
    I addressed your entire comment with the caveat I added at the bottom of my response. Again, I'm not disputing Boba Fett's ability as a bounty hunter. I'm not disputing his confidence, or charisma. I am not disputing his reputation. I am not claiming he is overrated, nor am I disputing his appeal as a character, or his appeal in expanding his story. I'm questioning the feasibility of his being able to escape the Sarlacc pit. Yes, he has armor, but that armor does not protect his entire body. He has a jet pack, but a jet pack that is potentially malfunctioning after being whacked by Han Solo on the skiff. He does not have his blaster rifle, and while he has assorted weapons in his armor, does he have the availability to physically activate those weapons while being digested?

4. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    Why bring back Morrison to play Boba? The guy is 20 years older than Mando age Boba, they should hook up Logan to play him...

5. Verbal21

Verbal21 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 5, 2011
    The Mandalorian was always gonna be tied to Boba Fett whether anyone liked it or not because that’s the elephant in the room. Like it’s been mentioned, season 1 did a fine job of setting up who Din Djarin was as a character.

That leaves the door open for season 2 to see how his style contrasts to Fett’s since people will always have the two characters tied together during discussions.

As far as Ahsoka and Sabine, Star Wars has always been about connecting characters and with this show is also episodic adventures of the week, it’s not out of the question that the guy who’s the best in the parsec, would also cross paths with other characters around at this time.

Last edited: May 11, 2020
    RetropME, TadoFett and Shadao like this.
  6. The Senate

The Senate Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 12, 2020
    I feel Fett will be hired by Gideon to hunt the Child.I doubt he will be in more than 2-3 episodes.

Could this confirm that he was in the Gunslinger episode?

7. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    At 59 years old, they'd have to de-age Morrison significantly since Boba would be in his 30's. Unless he's not playing Boba but a different character like Rex or another clone. There is still a certain oddity involved here.

8. TadoFett

TadoFett Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 16, 2004
    Not necessarily. He doesn't even need to have been on the set to play him. It could be a voice only role, particularly if someone else was Fett on set, and Morrison just did the voice work. Even if that's not the case, maybe Fett is scarred up from his sarlaac encounter, which would allow his face to be shown, with makeup.

I still think it's likely that they would get him to play Rex too, since they already have him around.

9. Verbal21

Nov 5, 2011
    They just need to hire that actor who played young Aquaman’s dad from the Aquaman movie last year.

chrcharcor2 likes this.
  10. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    He'd be in his forties, although very early forties. Don't forget, it will be set at least five years after ROTJ.

El_Machete12 likes this.
  11. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Problem with that theory is that Jango removed his helmet often, I don't really think they'd hire him for just a voice over alone. Being that Boba is not a Mandalorian nor even bound by this show's Death Watch creed(which is not in TCW at all) I think it unlikely. Problem with Logan, while around the correct age, does not look like a matured version of Jango nor sound like. They'd have to do movie magic. If continuity is an issue, its unclear why not just get Logan for the role, its not like Dawson sound anything like Ahsoka nor really resembles the character(provided she's actually playing Ahsoka).

Or maybe there was a break down in the Jango cloned cells of Boba, and he aged rapidly,lol.

Plus there is still a question of that Cobb Vanth character.

12. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
    If he’s playing Rex as well, then there’s all the face time Morrison might need whilst voicing Boba as an added thing.

But really, I don’t think it’s too big an issue. Morrison might be ten years older than the character, but Boba’s lived a hard life. For me at least it wouldn’t break believability for him to look a little older than he actually is. Plus, I think Morrison’s a better actor than Logan.

Mia Mesharad, Shadao and TadoFett like this.
  13. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    We're all also forgetting that Boba has spent god-knows-how-long in the Sarlacc's digestive tract. I would guess that, to cover up the fact that Morrison can't really pass for a 40 year old, make-up will be used. He's probably going to be riddled with scars. If he plays Rex, too, though, then no make-up will be required, at least nothing major.

Shadao and TadoFett like this.
  14. R.D.

R.D. Jedi Master star 3

Nov 26, 2015
    All Morrison needs is a beard and he'll be set.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/03/Temuera_Morrison_2016.jpg

I am looking forward to seeing him more as Rex than Boba (if Ahsoka really is in it, Rex would likely naturally tag along); I have mixed feelings about Boba himself coming back. On the one hand his return was always more natural than Palpatine's in either continuity since we never saw him actually definitively killed, but on the other, it does feel like something that could overshadow the titular Mandalorian a bit too much.

15. RetropME

RetropME Jedi Master star 4

Dec 11, 2017
    I don't think that age will be an issue... Once he started his bounty hunting career, Boba did not remove his helmet around people like Jango did. I doubt we will see Boba sans helmet at any point and therefore Temuera Morrison is only really needed for the voice. Boba also had a different build than Jango as an adult (different lifestyles maybe) and carried himself differently as well so there is little reason to assume that we will need to "see" Temuera as Boba Fett in order for him to "play" Boba Fett. Daniel Logan is a little younger than Boba at this point but again, not seeing him without the helmet, it would be cool to have him in the armor while Temuera does the voice.

Shadao and TadoFett like this.
  16. Verbal21

Nov 5, 2011
    Great point about the build. But with this being post ROTJ, it’s believable that maybe Fett beefed up a bit. Plus, if he’s supposed to be an unaltered Clone of Jango, it’d make sense if he was a little muscular at this age in his life. I agree though that we don’t need to see his face at all though. Just have his voice.

RetropME likes this.
  17. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    [​IMG]

18. The Chalk Jedi

The Chalk Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2019
    People seem really fixed on Morrison's age. I think it would be stranger to have Boba played by a completely different actor.

Not only can they CG him if age is really an issue, but they can always explain the aging any number of other ways.

Bor Mullet and TadoFett like this.
  19. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    Yeah, maybe you age faster if you get to spend some time in the Sarlaac's digestive track. :p

TadoFett and The Chalk Jedi like this.
  20. The Chalk Jedi

The Chalk Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2019
    Many options available:

1. Some clones are aging faster than thought.
    2. You could de-age him to 40 with CG, or even younger and say he's had some treatment from Kamino tech.
    3. You could say Tatooine and Sarlacc were hard on his health. Stress and trauma do actually age people faster.

All of those seem like superior options than choosing an actor who won't look enough like Jango, Rex, or clones.

TadoFett likes this.
  21. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    Given the popularity and mystery of the character (and boy does modern star wars like it's mysteries) I highly doubt we'll be given the luxury of seeing Fett without a helmet of some kind. So Morrison's age will likely be a non-issue as much like the OT we'd only really be hearing his voice. It's not like Pascal was really in his armour all the time either.

As for the Cob Vanth issue. If TROS and Siege of Mandalore has taught us anything, what looks good on screen and appeals to the casual audience trumps inconsequential novel interludes.

RetropME and TadoFett like this.
  22. TadoFett

TadoFett Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 16, 2004
    Regarding Jango taking his helmet off frequently, we never saw Boba Fett without his, so that's a non-issue. Morrison is a fairly well-known actor, but he has played small parts in movies before, so I don't think that not showing his face would be an issue. Even less if he's playing more than one character.

As far as the mandos on the show not taking off their helmets, I really think that is something they only adopted into their culture after the great purge on Mandalore by the Empire, which forced them to live in hiding. All of the mandos in Clone Wars, including Death Watch, take off their helmets regularly. It may be an old tradition that was revived once they went into hiding, or simply something to protect their real identities. It's definitely not a continuity error or something they overlooked from the other series, especially with Filoni aboard.

Last edited: May 12, 2020
    RetropME likes this.
  23. smudger9

smudger9 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2007
    Crossover characters is a major cause of success in the MCU. I don’t understand why a lot of Star Wars fans are opposed to it.

I think having run-through continuity across multiple shows/films is great. One of the best things about Clone Wars season 7 was the crossover with Episode III.

TheChosenAlpha and TadoFett like this.
  24. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    Boba would be in his late 40s i believe. I do not think it would be that tough to smooth some of the wrinkles and be done with it.

TadoFett likes this.
  25. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Boba has had a long, hard life and spent part of it in digestive fluids. Looking prematurely aged is not at all an issue. Hell, look at what happened to poor Dengar's face...

Bounty hunting beats the hell out of people.