main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Mandalorian Boba Fett in The Mandalorian & Spinoffs (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by RX_Sith, May 9, 2020.

1. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I said tales of tatooine earlier. I do think the title was very much a problem.

2. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    It's clear that this is a side story to The Mandalorian. But they could not very well name it something like that. Unless they went with Sideshow Boba.

Sarge, TCF-1138 and Sproj like this.
  3. Sproj

Sproj Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2019
    Oh ho that's the one!

4. Riv_Shiel

Riv_Shiel Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2014
    The name isn't the main problem. The problem is that the "main storyline" (I don't know if we can even call it that) has gotten very little development, has built no narrative momentum, and has barely (if at all) established any kind of character arc or identity or conflict. If the flashbacks were more strongly tied to what was going on in the present (within the same episodes), the side stories focused on other characters were plot relevant to the main story (again, within the episode - not finding out three weeks later that it was connected), and if care was also put into the main story - then this could be a great series. Instead, it is great stuff randomly thrown together in a series that builds no larger plotline (except insofar as it continues plot threads from The Mandalorian).

5. Blame_It_On_Lucas

Blame_It_On_Lucas Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 29, 2004
    I feel similar to you. The structure is certainly jarring and there are elements I have serious qualms with but overall I really love the show as a whole so far.

Likely because I'm a huge Boba Fett fan, I actually enjoy this more than Mando Season 1, though I concede the latter is objectively better.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2022
  6. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    Hoping our sweet boy gets his day in the Tatooine sun next week.

Vasco_Rojo likes this.
  7. godisawesome

godisawesome Skywalker Saga Undersheriff star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 14, 2010
    In terms of actual storytelling structure and plotting, it definitely feels like one or two episodes of Boba Fett-centered backstory and conflict were stretched into a series much larger than that.

The Tusken/Fennec flashbacks could have been one, very well put together episode covering a lot of ground, and the seizing of Jabba’s territory and defending it from the Pykes could have been another.

And to stretch it out into an entire series, they split up the Tusken flashbacks into several episodes, used a lot of filler in the same episodes, and stuck in two episodes which dedicate most of their time to developing The Mandalorian and Jedi plotlines.

I still like it overall… but it definitely feels like an afternoon in the writing room to address the structural and substance problems could have solved a lot of issues.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  8. Jaster Vhett

Jaster Vhett Jedi Knight star 1

May 26, 2017
    ....Would be very cool to see THIS version of Boba Fett before this season ends....

Count Yubnub and CampOfSorgan like this.
  9. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    [​IMG]

10. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    [​IMG]

11. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Never mind those versions of Boba I want THIS version of Boba before the season ends
    [​IMG]

12. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    ^The one, true Boba Fett.

Bor Mullet and CampOfSorgan like this.
  13. Vasco_Rojo

Vasco_Rojo Jedi Master star 2

Apr 21, 2016
    Oh man I have forgotten about this scene…one man army….what were the producers of TBOBF watching in preproduction?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

14. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    The one true Boba I'd like to see:

[​IMG]

15. Jaster Vhett

May 26, 2017
    How ironic....

[​IMG]

....Bye, Felicia...!

RetropME likes this.
  16. Jaster Vhett

May 26, 2017
    Cool....We DID get to see Boba Fett kick some shebs in the final episode....

That teamwork!

....The dudes did kill that one guy about five times before he finally touched down....

DannyD, Darth Smurf and RetropME like this.
  17. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Why did they shoot that one dude so many times while he was falling? That was really odd.

RetropME likes this.
  18. SmokeMonster4815162342

SmokeMonster4815162342 Jedi Master star 3

Dec 31, 2015
    IMO They never should have made Boba on Mando’s side in S2. Instantly neutered his appeal.

If anything he shoulda been the main foil, the counterpart antagonist throughout the Mando series, the Cad Bane to Boba, so to speak.

This would have made their parallels and similarities mean something, while also allowing Boba to be Boba. The only difference between the two being that Grogu entered Mando’s life.

They could have built up their rivalry over seasons, finally finding common ground in the end, or not.

And a Boba Fett show could have been actually about him actually being a CRIME boss, with Boba overtaking the spice trade, Scarface style.

19. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    FTFY

Count Yubnub likes this.
  20. Jaster Vhett

May 26, 2017
  21. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    No, that was awesome.

ewoksimon and Count Yubnub like this.
  22. Bor Mullet