main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Mandalorian Boba Fett in The Mandalorian & Spinoffs (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by RX_Sith, May 9, 2020.

1. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Morrison has been great in voicing Boba in other things such as the battlefront games

RetropME likes this.
  2. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    He’s encased in armor that’s been shown in this show and others to be laden with weapons. He can easily blow his way out of the Sarlacc.

3. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    I think a lot of Boba Fett's credibility comes due to his close dealings with Vader. No, we didn't see him perform tremendously difficult tasks in the OT. But his relationship with Vader implies certain abilities and skills far beyond what most could likely accomplish. He did have a sizeable role in ESB and was given responsibilities directly from Vader during Vader's most important undertaking, which was to lure in Luke. That's a position very few people could have been in at that point in Vader's reign. And again, the implications are endless in regards to what that says about Fett.

As far as the sarlaac pit goes, for all we know somebody could have come by and saved him.

4. Verbal21

Verbal21 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 5, 2011
    Exactly my point. Even if you’re basing him as if this was 1983 by what you’ve only seen on film, to say we have nothing to base him “miraculously” surviving the Sarlacc is just silly. And even moreso now, after seeing all the weaponry Din Djarin could do in his armor.

It’s a moot point trying to argue “if” he got out the Sarlacc and is more like “how” and if he had help. And I’m also betting it’ll be a more plausible way of him getting out that Sarlacc as opposed to other characters surviving their apparent demises. I doubt it’s anything like “surviving by hatred” like Maul or whatever Palpatines explanation was for his[face_laugh]

Last edited: May 10, 2020
  5. Glitterstimm

Glitterstimm Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2017
    I never had a problem with Fett surviving the sarlacc. It was a kind of anti-climactic end to a character that captured the imagination even though we didn't know much about him. His armor probably had a re-breather in it or something, and the beskar steel could withstand the stomach acid for a few hours at least. Morrison plays gritty never-die characters well, so I'm looking forward to him explaining that of course he made it out!

Shadao and MotivateR5D4 like this.
  6. The Chalk Jedi

The Chalk Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2019
    Fett's death never made sense anyway -- the sarlacc absorbs its prey over several thousand years. That would give someone like Fett ample time to figure a way out. Unless the sarlacc could immediately kill or stun whatever falls into it, its victims would presumably have some ability to move around freely.

Shadao likes this.
  7. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    You almost make it sound like the Sarlaac had a nice little lobby where newcomers could mingle and chat for a while, at least until the digestive process was ready for them. :p

8. Shadao

Shadao Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 31, 2017
    Considering that Jabba wants Luke to suffer a new definition of pain and suffering, I presume the Sarlacc keeps you alive for a thousand years.

As for Fett's survival, it's not surprising at all. If he was just a random bounty hunter that appeared in the OT, nobody would have batten a eye for that goon. But since he has gotten the backstory as the unaltered clone of Jango Fett, who died epically against Jedi Master Mace Windu, as well as the fact that Boba has to live with the fact that he shares his face with millions of disposable clone troopers (as well as the fact they happen to be his father's face), dying in the Sarlacc Pit is an unsatisfying conclusion.

I want to know if falling into the Sarlacc Pit crippled or enhanced Boba Fett's reputation as a Bounty Hunter. And also want to see his personal reason to keep his helmet as contrast to Mando here. Whereas Mando is following tradition, I believe that Boba's refusal to lift his helmet has something to do with the fact that he would just look like an unremarkable clone.

9. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    Humans even in AGFFA hace a life span of under 100 years, so it's hard to imagine how they could be kept alive for 1,000 years, it would appear biologically impossible

The Chalk Jedi likes this.
  10. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    What the hell is that?!!

And who's dumb idea was it to call that thing Dengar?

cwustudent likes this.
  11. Shadao

Shadao Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 31, 2017
    Well according to Wookiepedia, apparently the Sarlacc injects you with substances that keeps you alive longer as it digests you longer. At least in Legends, it does.

It's quite amusing to learn these bizarre facts about the Sarlacc.

12. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    This feels like one of those times where a character is bull****ing us but the EU writers took it at face value.

Last edited: May 11, 2020
  13. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    Yeah I'm not into the EU so I go only by what's in the films and the series, thank you. And so do most casual viewers, and Disney KNOWS it can't limit its audience to just die-hard fans who read all the comics and novels and know the games, etc,
    Casual viewers will want stuff that makes sense just from what they have seen. All the Disney movies have been made with the casual viewer in mind primarily, with one possible exception in R1 which makes more sense if you've seen the animated series.

14. Fjall

Fjall Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2014
    I wonder how different boba will look. I'm sure they will change things uo slightly for new merchandise opportunities.

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  15. The Chalk Jedi

The Chalk Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2019
    The EU also says something about sarlacc mind control, and perhaps if they kept that angle, Boba would have some ability to shake the control and that's what enables him to escape.

But the whole keep something alive for a thousand years, even if theoretically possible, still sounds too implausible for me.

The EU also says that sarlaccs don't eat often because victims so rarely fall into them. If true, think about all the food this one got that day -- it might have felt overfed and didn't try very hard to consume Boba. ;)

There's always a reason they can "cook up" if they put a little effort into it.

16. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    The dialogue in ROTJ only said victims were "slowly digested for a thousand years," to me it sounds not like the body is kept alive for 1,000 years but that the remains are digested that slowly. So, first you die, then the remains are slowly digested.

17. Bossk_Baby

Bossk_Baby Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 1, 2018
    Ah yes - when Solo was coming out, I was hoping Dengar would appear in that film swoop racing Han a la legends and suffer a bad head injury.
    They really missed an opportunity to make Dengar the Rickety Crickets of the GFFA.

Also I said when Michael Bean (sp) was cast that he could be playing Dengar. Looking just a wee bit more likely!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    He’s also clearly smart - and a step ahead of everyone. Waiting for Han among the Imperial trash and then delivering him to Vader. That immediately established him as the creme de la creme of bounty hunters in the galaxy. Add to that a killer costume, and a bold willingness to tell Vader what’s what, and his appeal is fully justified. Characters aren’t cool just due to how good they are at killing people.

19. Fjall

Fjall Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2014
    @Bor Mullet do you think boba will look exactly like he did in ROTJ?

Bor Mullet likes this.
  20. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    I think he’ll have bits and pieces of the same armor making it clear it’s him (with the green and yellow) but with new makeshift additions (guessing that a lot of it was damaged in the sarlacc’s maw). I like the idea that he’s hunting Mandos for their beskar, but don’t know if that’ll pan out.

Trebor Sabreon and Jaxxon- like this.
  21. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    I hope for similar but different armor.

22. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    If it changes. they will wanna keep it as recognizable as possible.

23. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    he will have new boots and a new cape, the sarlacc ate those

Bor Mullet likes this.
  24. Fjall

Fjall Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2014
    Absolutely! I do believe it will be slightly different due to new merchandise.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  25. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    It does say something about some shady black market surgical procedures...

“Rothgar (Den) is an old and experienced Corellian bounty hunter, who is likely operating under an alias. He has been subjecting himself to cybernetic replacements in a poorly planned bid to live and work forever. As age began slowing his reflexes and dulling his senses, Rothgar turned to black-market surgical clinics to replace damaged or wizened body parts with ones that will give him an advantage in his dangerous trade. Poor decision making has led to a ghastly appearance.”

Fredrik Vallestrand likes this.