main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Mandalorian Boba Fett in The Mandalorian & Spinoffs (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by RX_Sith, May 9, 2020.

1. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
  2. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
  3. Erkan12

Erkan12 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    Djarin will be like;

[​IMG]

4. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    We're probably going to get a whole comic series about he escaped the Sarlaac and what he did in the years that followed leading up to his appearance in The Mandalorian.

5. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
  6. Erkan12

Erkan12 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    Last edited: May 9, 2020
    Jedi Knight Fett and RetropME like this.
  7. Verbal21

Verbal21 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 5, 2011
    Personally, for “them“ dragging their feet for 40 years, that’s an iconic/monumental moment that should be seen in live-action.

RetropME, TadoFett and MotivateR5D4 like this.
  8. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    I don't know, I think a drawn out comic book of him actually in the belly of the Sarlaac would be pretty cool. With that issue being one of like six that they could have about him. In live action it would just be a quick cut scene with him flying out afterwards.

9. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Boba Fett, heh most overatted character in star wars history. I'm more exicited for possible Rex appearance.

Hopeless, Ehpik and Demon4x4 like this.
  10. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I just don’t know if Rex is going to appear. He’ll be pretty damn old now. In his mid 80s

RetropME and Darth Chuck Norris like this.
  11. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Hey no don't diss the old men, they can't be quite handy you know.

TadoFett likes this.
  12. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    More interested in seeing Boba personally. mostly because he wasn't given that much to work with during the OT. which oddly is what alot of the OT generation would prefer be left alone.

RetropME likes this.
  13. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I love it if they showed is face and not afraid of removing what ever mystery is left of this lone bounty hunter. Show he face and not hide behind a mask.

14. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    Even Lucas said that he considered adding a scene in the Special Editions of Boba escaping from the Sarlaac. This was inevitable, Boba's become too popular to leave dead in such a lame way.

Personally, I'm cool with it. If he's going to come back, this show is the place to do it.

15. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I hope they don't do this too all popular characters. We have now. Maul, Palpatine, Boba. Who's next Aurra sing.

16. Verbal21

Verbal21 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 5, 2011
    The OT Generation wants him left alone and a lot of vocal people now cry “overrated”. But wouldn’t bringing him in and actually letting him do cool things be how that overrated-ness be validated?

They literally based this new Mando around the mystique that he used to have. This’ll be a way to differentiate the two now and I think it’s a win-win for everybody.

17. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
    Honestly, I'm just happy to see Temuera Morrison back.

I dont have a strong opinion one way or another about Boba Fett surviving ROTJ. It happened before in the EU, so I knew it was only a matter of time before he returned in canon.

18. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Color me thrilled. :boba::boba::boba:

As it stands, Boba Fett may not be the deepest character in the history of story telling, sure. But he's always been a personal favorite of mine.

Maybe that's because I was a little kid who came of [SW] age sometime in between the release of ESB and ROTJ? Certainly, my affection is rooted in that formative time. But years later, that interest was further cultivated by the novels. Novels whose stories saw me fall in love with all things Mando. A love which, in turn, led me to my affinity for the clones. All of which left me primed for characters like Sabine Wren and shows like -- wait for it... The Mandalorian.

"As you wish..."

So, yes, it's really satisfying for me to think of Lucasfilm bringing it all back home now. It's something I've hoped to see happen now, for a very long time. And the best part? They're doing the right thing and bringing Temuera Morrison back into the fold. I suppose that -- unless they want to hand-wave the age discrepancy (which I'd personally be fine with) -- it's for a voice-over role. In whatever form, I'm glad to have him return. And hey, maybe he can find time for a Rex cameo while he's at it? :clone:[face_love] ;)

"What if he doesn't survive? He's worth a lot to me."

I suppose my ebullience comes with one caveat: I've said more than once that, while I always fervently hoped to see Fett rise again, I'd rather it didn't happen at all if it only meant killing the character off again. I still stand by that. I never got what the point of a move like that would be? I mean, as much as it hurt to watch Luke, Leia and Han brought back just to lose them, I understand that they are the major characters the franchise was built upon. So if you wanted to sell me on the idea that closure to their stories was a prerequisite to their successful return, I may not agree, but I'm at least willing to sit down and have that discussion with you.

But that's not Fett. His character doesn't come with that kind of baggage. What Boba does represent is an IP with built-in interest and a golden opportunity for growth (even if, yes, that's a story best further explored somewhere other than in Mando). And even if I weren't already enamored with him, I'd much sooner the powers-that-be use someone like Fett in similar fashion to how we expect them to feature Ahsoka in Season 2: (re-)introduce the character to the wider audience with an adventure which serves the greater arc of the series, while leaving him/her alive, free to pick up the thread again at another time, should a quality idea strike. Take full advantage of the opportunity that bringing Boba back offers (fully conceding that my idea of what that constitutes may differ wildly from Lucasfilm's), or just leave him in the Sarlacc, I say.

"Put Moderator Sabreon in the cargo hold..."

But who knows what we have in store for us? That's all part of the fun. In my excitement at this report, I'm choosing to trust that Lucasfilm won't do me dirty! :D

And wow, if they stick the landing with this one? I mean, I was looking forward to Season 2 with excitement and anticipation before. But now? I may just have to take that old Mythos statue out of storage (and consider having somebody put me into it until the premiere date). [face_dancing]

Bor Mullet likes this.
  19. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    It’s become pretty fashionable to label Boba Fett “overrated.” Truth is, he was a mysterious dude in cool armor who was the only one that anticipated Han’s genius “hide with the trash” move, and he had the cojones to talk back to Vader. He was precisely as cool as that. No more, no less.

20. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    Let's hope they do Boba justice.

He is the original Bounty Hunter in cool armor with gadgets. There would be no Mandalorian show and no Mandalorians in general if Boba wasn't so popular and mysterious back in the OT days.

Not to mention, in the old EU, Boba Fett was someone who could go against Force users and win. He should be way more skilled and dangerous than Din Djarin.

whostheBossk, Vib3s, RetropME and 2 others like this.
  21. Bossk_Baby

Bossk_Baby Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 1, 2018
    This increases the odds Bossk shows up in live action. This pleases me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

22. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    Just curious, is this thread going to remain spoiler-free? I get that the fact they're bringing him back probably isn't a spoiler since it has been widely reported in the media, but when more info comes out, will people be expected to use spoiler tags for further info about this? Thanks.

23. Alien Vanguard

Alien Vanguard Jedi Master star 3

Jan 1, 2015
    And he had a damn cool voice. I'm pretty excited about this because season 1 showed that they know how to do things right. At least it turned out that way. Apparently, Boba's appearance will be brief, which is OK with me. It's all down to what they decide to do with him obviously. Chances are it's him in Ep.5 from last season, right? We discussed this after it aired and keyed in on the jingling spurs and the scanner sound being potential giveaways. If that's the case, then will he team up with the woman or not? Just trying to envision how Boba and Jin would see each other. Foes or something else.

Bor Mullet and TadoFett like this.
  24. TadoFett

TadoFett Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 16, 2004
    Didn't Jin tell them that she was with a group of others at some point during that episode? Fett could be someone she was working for, or was after her bounty too.

Alien Vanguard and Bor Mullet like this.
  25. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    They can also use opportunities such as this to show us how Dengar ended up in the dreadful state he is in in TROS.