main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Mandalorian Boba Fett in The Mandalorian & Spinoffs (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by RX_Sith, May 9, 2020.

1. K2771991

K2771991 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 21, 2019
    Maybe it's an authentic replica?[face_tee_hee]

Logically I would assume he got it in ATOC and had all throughout TCW (and just could'nt use it becuase it did'nt fit him yet) - he was right there with the body with nobody to interfer with him, and we know he ended up with Slave 1 so why not the armor?

2. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Bold Prediction! Boba is Mando’s real dad!!!

3. Lord-Skywalker

Lord-Skywalker Hangman Host/ 18X Wacky Wed Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner VIP - Game Host

Jul 8, 2002
    and Aurra Sing is his real Mom. I could see her pulling a Mrs. Robinson on Boba. :D

K2771991 likes this.
  4. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    Timothy could be playing Boba in the armor, while Temuera provides the voice and perhaps also plays a different character, maybe some old clone still surviving.

Or Timothy really plays Cobb Vanth, which could mean we'll see Boba in a new outfit/armor. We know from TCW he was using different outfits before he started wearing the Mandalorian armor like his dad.

I imagine it will be a big surprise for general audiences when they'll find out the guy in the Boba armor is actually not him.

And I really hope they don't bring Boba back just to kill him. I want him portrayed as extremely skilled and lethal, the best bounty hunter in the galaxy, like he was portrayed in the good old days of the old EU. Boba is supposed to be better than Cad Bane, and Bane was able to go against Jedi and win. If Boba appears in the show, everybody should be afraid of him and just run at first sight.

What I like about the Mandalorian show is that Din Djarin is just a regular dude. He's good, but he's not in the top league. He's just another bounty hunter in a galaxy full of them, with the advantage of having a very expensive blaster proof armor and a super-Force sensitive toddler.

Jaxxon- and TadoFett like this.
  5. K2771991

Dec 21, 2019
    I don't even want to think of how that would have worked...

Koo-koo-ka-choo, Mrs. Robinso...

Oh, you meant The Graduate...

Lord-Skywalker likes this.
  6. Bob Effette

Bob Effette Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2015
    Late to the party as usual, but assuming that we are going to see just how Boba Fett escaped, I would just be happy to see the Sarlacc again. The Sarlacc is one of the best things to come out of the Original Trilogy, because it ratchets the weird and bizarre up to Lovecraftian levels.

And Boba Fett had a rocket pack, so it's not unfeasible that he could blast his way out.

Shadao, K2771991, Avnar and 1 other person like this.
  7. The Chalk Jedi

The Chalk Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2019
    I'm sure he could find a way to escape, but didn't his jet pack get messed up?

8. Bob Effette

Bob Effette Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2015
    I thought Han just hit the "START" button with his stick when he turned round lol

The Chalk Jedi likes this.
  9. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    More likley he just use detenator and crawl out of there slowly with a damaged armor.

Last edited: May 24, 2020
  10. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    I'll call it now, Olyphant will be playing Jodo Kast.

11. Fjall

Fjall Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2014
    wow... I never knew this! any pics of boba amor/outfit pre Mando armour?

12. Verbal21

Verbal21 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 5, 2011
    The show is about him literally being called the “best in the parsec” and his reputation preceded him whenever he ran into other Bounty Hunters though. Did I miss something?[face_laugh]

13. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    I don't think they would show us how he escaped. i wouldn't be shocked Vanth does explain at some point how he got the armor. which would be the closest i think we would get to an explanation.

Saying it was found outside of the Sarlacc pit is a pretty way of saying Boba got out of there... either that or the pit just spat out the armor... which seems odd

K2771991 likes this.
  14. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    I think he means compared to Boba, who’s like...the model on which all the clones were built, etc. An idea I never liked and never understood. Talk about shrinking the galaxy...George was doing it well before anyone else.

15. The Chalk Jedi

Nov 8, 2019
    Mando has proven he's an elite bounty hunter, with or without the armor. He's been a bada** even before he completed his armor.

Look at the end of Episode One when he commands the laser weapon and mows down enemies. Greef Karga celebrates his skills after being the only hunter to find and retrieve Baby Yoda. And then afterward he takes on countless fellow bounty hunters by himself.

Look at what he does to his old mates and those Republic droids in The Prisoner episode. Those are elite skills and he's portrayed to appear scary to his prey.

Is he unbeatable? No, but that's a sign of the show's realism, not that Mando is average.

16. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    [​IMG]

17. K2771991

Dec 21, 2019
    [​IMG]

Edit - damn, I was'nt paying attention fully and misread as "any pictures of Boba non mando armor?" Damn it! This post would have been funny if that was what you wrote![face_bleh]

Considering all the bounty hunters he was hanging out with were essentially rabble, that does'nt seem that hard.

That's like me saying "I'm the cleanest person in town." I mean, it sounds impressive until you realize tmy town is filled with alcoholics, methheads and heroin addicts and the worst I do is smoke weed every now and then.

Well, have you ever ended up with a piece of metal in your mouth?:p

MrDarth0 likes this.
  18. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Boba is actually Jango!

19. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    You can see him in different outfits and armor in the Clone Wars show.

You do realize parsec isn't that much of a distance in galactic terms?

The distance between our Sun and the nearest start to us is about 1.3 parsecs. Which pretty much means that Din Djarin is the best in two star systems very close to each other.

Or in terms of the GFFA, Din Djarin is the best in his crappy little corner of the Outer Rim, but there was nothing pointing to him being famous in the wider galaxy.

He isn't one of the bounty hunters who would get a call from Vader if Vader wanted someone found and captured. At least that's how I see him and I like.

RetropME and TadoFett like this.
  20. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Not to mention that in Solo, 12 parsecs is communicated by Han as being a really short distance in which to complete the Kessel Run. So the best bounty hunter in the parsec is like saying the best bounty hunter in my toolshed. :)

That said, I don’t think it’s meant that way in the show, as clearly the Guild bounty hunters travel far and wide, and the implication is that Din is the best among them.

TadoFett and The Chalk Jedi like this.
  21. The Chalk Jedi

Nov 8, 2019
    Their portrayal of his prowess is interesting and complex. He is obviously elite in ability, but he does tend to rush into action too quickly at times, which sets him up for some surprising defeats (Jawas).

His weakness seems to be internal, rashness when feeling emotional about something, like the child. Internal flaws are interesting, but his actual abilities seem strong.

TadoFett likes this.
  22. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Well, that’s why a story’s being told about him. Because this elite bounty hunter is confronted with an extraordinary job that catches him off guard (both physically and emotionally, as he confronts feelings of a desire to be a father/ help the innocent that conflict with his chosen profession). These aren’t normal days for him, and he’s frustrated by that. And it causes him to mess up.

23. Fjall

Fjall Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2014
    I dont watch that show.

24. K2771991

Dec 21, 2019
    Well, I mean, when you think about it...[face_tee_hee]

I dunno, does being the best of the hunters in his little guild office on Nevarro really mean much in the galaxy at large? It seems like a case of a shark in a koi pond to me.

25. godisawesome

godisawesome Skywalker Saga Undersheriff star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 14, 2010
    Given the chaos of the Galaxy, and contrasting Din’s clear skill and competence with his still comparatively small profile, I actually kind of like the way it plays - we don’t really have a scale that necessarily fits him given that the other great bounty hunters we know existed in eras that may have been more beneficial to making yourself a clear name.

With the Empire having collapsed so thoroughly and so many smaller governments existing and so many criminal syndicates appearing to struggle with each other in the wake of Jabba’s death and the Hutt cartels being on the decline... the series is almost implying that Din’s existing in a time of “bounty inflation” - money’s inconsistent and there’s so many targets and so many other bounty hunters that he”s having to hunt in bulk when he first appears.