main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Mandalorian Boba Fett in The Mandalorian & Spinoffs (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by RX_Sith, May 9, 2020.

1. Darth Chuck Norris

Darth Chuck Norris Jedi Master star 4

Sep 13, 2014
    I want to make sure I understand you correctly. Are you saying Din Djarin is not connected to Death Watch, or Boba Fett? I ask because in the flashback scene we see young Din being rescued by a member of Death Watch.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  2. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I mean they are right in that as far as we know Boba and Din are not connected but He was literally saved by Death Watch

3. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Djarin is connected, am talking about Jango/Boba.

Last edited: May 12, 2020
  4. Darth Chuck Norris

Sep 13, 2014
    That's what I thought, but the when I read that paragraph, it kept coming back to Din was not connected.

5. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Even still, there's a lot of time between the show's present and the Clone Wars for Din to have moved from one Mando group to another. Death Watch rescued him, but who says they kept him?

On Boba's age, it's been established that Tatooine is so harsh that it prematurely ages people- see Obi-Wan and the Larses. It's been at least 7 years since Boba fell into the sarlaac, and if he stuck around Tatooine, then yeah he'd probably look like Morrison now.

6. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    Now we have Katee Sackhoff as Bo Katan. Mando season 2 is about to look like a video game walk through with characters coming out left and right. I'm pumped!

RetropME likes this.
  7. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    @Darth Chuck Norris , I amended the sentence for better clarity.

People age differently and some badly cause they do not cover their faces from the sun, too much direct sun exposure(over tanning/burning), poor health, genes/hereditary, bad diet, poor fitness/overall health and well being ect. Just living on Tatooine does not explain Alec's Kenobi . His real personal genes and lifestyle explains his look in real life. I think other than wrinkles to worry about on Tatooine he could have developed skin cancer, lets face there if it were real life cause he's too depigmented and you have two suns beating down. Sand People wear complete protective gear,lol.

8. Verbal21

Verbal21 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 5, 2011
    I’m totally on board for more established characters coming in rather than C level comedians. That was my biggest gripe this season. Way too Star Trek feeling to me. At least throw some prosthetics or something on their faces. /end rant because I know a lot of people seemed to have liked it. Nothing wrong with that either.

9. Ehpik

Ehpik Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 7, 2013
    I really have my doubts. None of these "news" outlets have showed evidence, or even shown sources for anything. From Ahsoka, to Boba, to Bo. And we keep getting more information about more people in it. The "too good to be true" statement may apply here. Out of the three, I'd really love to see Temuera return to live action in the GFFA, but I'd rather see him return as Rex than Boba.

10. RetropME

RetropME Jedi Master star 4

Dec 11, 2017
    Recent canon has hinted that Jango was Mandalorian (and by extension Boba) but that they were effectively disowned by the Mandalorians after that faction was kicked out.

11. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I trust Hollywood Reporter, but the rest no. I don’t. Plus they never show sources as if they did their source would be fired

12. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
    Until an official Lucasfilm source confirms any of what THR is saying then I treat it all as rumor and nothing more.

Personally, The Mandalorian did an amazing job of using their own characters and not having to rely upon gimmicky “Hey kids, look who it is this week!” type of stunts to get people watching. It stands well on its own two feet with the characters it established and I’d like for it to stay that way.

13. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I completely I agree but right now I am going into the season assuming we are seeing at least 2 returning characters. They can’t have everything not be connected

14. Darth Chuck Norris

Sep 13, 2014
    @Vorax Right on. Sometimes things you read or hear just don't hit right.

15. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    It would be kind of interesting if Boba shows up and doesn't have his armor. Since the armor is now in the hands of some lawman on Tatooine according to those Aftermath books, it's not outside the realm of possibility.
    Have Boba show up without armor, and possibly no longer a bounty hunter, his reputation in ruins ("aren't you the guy who got pushed into a Sarlaac by a blind dude?") and then possibly have him regain his armor at a later point in the show, giving us the "proper" return of Boba Fett.

I dunno, could be cool.

Shadao and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  16. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I would just rather have something new other than oh look he’s a bad guy

17. Verbal21

Nov 5, 2011
    I see a lot of people mentioning his reputation is ruined but besides the main guys in ROTJ, who’d even be a witness to him getting hit by a blind guy and being stuck in the Sarlacc for some time?

18. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Any survivors from Jabba's barge?
    Heck, could be Han and/or Lando spreading the story for that matter.

I'm not saying I think his reputation should be ruined necessarily, but I think it could be an interesting take on the character if done right.

Shadao and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  19. Verbal21

Nov 5, 2011
    Ok, I was just trying to understand how Boba surviving the Sarlacc would be out the question for a lot of people l(not you) but yet, WeeQuay’s brother survives a similar fall or the Barge blowing up into bits and discrediting Boba’s reputation is a priority for him[face_laugh]

But if it’s just a theory that Han or Lando does it off-screen, that’s a discussion I’ll just leave alone for now. No way to prove or discredit it so I’ll save our time.

20. Erkan12

Erkan12 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    I think that will make things complicated.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

21. Verbal21

Nov 5, 2011
    I don’t know why Almec is always brought up like he’s supposed to be reliable. He’s one of the most biggest slimeballs in Clone Wars but people take that as gospel and I don’t put much weight in Pablo’s tweet either. I’m sure his tweet would’ve said Palpatine is 100% dead in 2016 too[face_laugh]

22. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    Ahsoka probably to help with the Force Baby aspect. Bo-Katan because she was the last leader of the Mandalorians and she wants her joke shop lightsabre back. Boba because he's Boba...

23. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    Bo-Katan I can see...I have said before I would like this series to show the reunification of scattered Mandalorian Clans with her as leader.

24. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    Don't forget Sabine is probably the next major character to be announced. I'm really curious to see who they got to play her.

Yea, a couple of those hires actually kind of took me out of it for a second. Like, really, that guy? Not that there's anything wrong with them as comedians or as actors, but they're placement in The Mandalorian specifically definitely took a moment to get used to and then I was able to get back into the show. The Star Trek feel to it was also apparent during specific episodes, the initial crook that Mando took in also looked straight out of The Orville. Overall I was okay with it though.

To be honest, I was more concerned when it had only been the one major additional character announced some weeks ago, because it seemed to be motivated by certain agendas that LucasFilm has been criticized for making a priority over actual story. But now seeing these additional characters added makes me a lot more optimistic about it. At the end of the day, at some point, you also want to watch some good old fashion space action wizard adventure. By no means should that take precedence over story. But it's still got to be there. So for that, I'm good with it. And these characters will certainly bring it. We can't just mope around and have deep dark story lines all the time.

25. Erkan12

Erkan12 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    I agree Almec is not reliable. But I think they need to confirm that Almec was lying for some reason, otherwise it just looks like weird. Since TCW is fully canon as well.