main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Boba Fett - Possible Spin-Off (Cancelled - See Page 57 for Details)

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Django Fett, Jun 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dolphin

dolphin Chosen One star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    Kathleen, if you're reading this. Please push all post-IX movies to December 2020 at the earliest and then in 12 month intervals thereafter. I don't think Star Wars can deal with saturation, something many of us worried about in 2012.

Measured doses please.

2. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    I could watch SW on a monthly basis

3. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    Saga one year, anthology the next year, a new trilogy film the 3rd year would be fine. Just keep the distance in the following film within that story. The problem with Solo is the backlash from TLJ, whether people want to admit it or not, Solo has seen a concerted effort from the real hardcore SW haters to hit these films.

kalzeth likes this.
  4. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    Well at least right now you'll get a nice break, as the next SW film we'll see won't be for about 18 months!

5. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    Isn't that Shadows of the Empire?

Twain and kalzeth like this.
  6. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    A Boba film could be the anti-thesis of Solo and his early career?

7. BadCane

BadCane Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2015
    One movie a year is fine for me. I pray every night that LFL don't take the Marvel road.

dolphin likes this.
  8. Anakin's Daddy

Anakin's Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Aug 13, 2002
    I would like to see the Boba Fett film as a direct sequel to Solo. I heard rumors about A Solo sequel so I hope that's what they're talking about. I don't think I want a Solo 2.

...Han and Chewie end up on the same team as Fett, and possibly Greedo too, working a Job for Jabba. The film would have to mostly revolve around Fett, but it would need a good guy protagonist as well, so Han is the best solution.

Deliveranze likes this.
  9. BadCane

BadCane Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2015
    Big Shot Gangster Putting Up A Crew movie. It's being discussed in these here forums.

Last edited: May 30, 2018
  10. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    The one film I really want more than any other BUT i don't want it severely tied in with everything! Does that make sense...?

Twain likes this.
  11. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
    I'd love the idea of a team of Expendables with Boba Fett, Han, Chewie, Lando, maybe other guys like Bossk or Dengar, hired to do sabotage/assassination missions for warring criminal factions. Would be pretty cool.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  12. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    You'll get that with the streaming service, perhaps more frequently. Films, on the other hand...

13. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    What does everyone think of the chances of Daniel Logan ever playing boba fett again in some form?

He is 31 now, and obviously voiced 6 episodes of clone wars so he has kept close to Star Wars.

Although he hasn't done much acting beyond a few products and obviously he would have to play a younger fett of reasonable age since Morrison would probably be fett otherwise.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2018
    jedi-soon likes this.
  14. WookieeShampoo

WookieeShampoo Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 28, 2015
    Han and Chewie need to stay away from assassination and most forms of bounty hunting. Star Wars is based on a strong good/bad narrative and even the more grey characters have to respect certain limits in my opinion.

Could it be that the armor in Solo is more than decoration?

Last edited: Jun 10, 2018
    Twain likes this.
  15. Serpico Jones

Serpico Jones Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    I hope Alden Ehrenreich and Chewie come back for this. I’m not holding my breath, though.

16. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    It depends when they set the boba fett movie. if its set before Solo then chances are no alden, but if its set after Solo Alden could appear.

I don't think the box office of Solo will affect whether they bring Alden back as han. Its all about where they wanna go with the story and whether Han fits in that scenario

If they feel they need Han solo then they will get Alden

17. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    If they do set this film post ROTJ do you guys think they should finally kill Fett?

18. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    [​IMG]

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  19. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    If it's post-RotJ, let Fett live and... do whatever it is he does. Bounty hunt, or whatever. He'll need to find a new boss, though, on account of the previous one getting choked to death and blown up. But if it's set prior to the OT, which I think is the far more likely option, then leave him dead in the sarlacc. RIP, gg no re.

20. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    Here’s an idea: have the film begin with Boba in the Sarlaac. His life is flashing before his eyes. We see his early days as a hunter, encounters with Han - played by Alden of course. And with all of that backstory being the majority of the film. And it ends with Boba fully awake, jetpacking his way out of there and walking off into the sunset. Leaving his future open.

Darth Nave and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  21. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    I think I proposed something very similar in the early days of this thread, though I'm too lazy to go and find it, and think this is the way to go. :p

themoth likes this.
  22. Twain

Twain Jedi Master star 3

Aug 12, 2014
    After studying the box office for SOLO pretty closely, I think it will finish in the $220-230M domestic range. The final WW take will be around $400M or a little above.

Domestically, that's on par with films like X-Men Days of Future Past and Star Trek Into Darkness. Those two films are both considered big hits within their fanbases and for those studios.

Considering all the obstacles thrown in the way of this movie --being a non-Saga story, massive re-shoots that exploded the budget, a terrible release date, two massive blockbusters sucking up all the oxygen in the room, a Han re-cast, backlash from TLJ, etc... --that's still not bad company as far as domestic sic-fantasy BO goes.

But this is Star Wars. And SW should pump out much greater numbers than these...right?

I still think much higher domestic BO numbers are entirely possible for SW with the Anthology approach....whether it be Boba Fett or Kenobi or something else. But it needs to be a stable production process with better marketing and released at a different time....Star Wars needs to just own Christmas and be done with it.

So I hope the financials don't dissuade LFL/Disney from giving another Anthology film like Fett or Kenobi their shot. Creatively, SOLO is a success for the vast majority of the fanbase. Commercially, that's on LFL/Disney.

Now, internationally....that's a different story. SW needs to really examine the ways in which it is and isn't penetrating foreign markets like other blockbuster franchises.

But as far as the Anthology concept itself....set the next one in December and market it like they did RO....bring the production costs down.....there's easily a consistent $600M-800M WW take for a series of SW anthology films.

SOLO was really a perfect storm.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
  23. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    I agree in that I think pre-ANH is the faaar likelier timeline for a Fett flick. And that's cool. The info and art we got regarding 1313 excited the hell out of me and I can see some of that essence being put to good use on camera.

But even with a dark times era film, something I'd like to see (whether it be an ongoing comic or perhaps a series of novels) is a story which allows for Boba's survival and details his post-escape adventures.

Me? I fancy the idea of Fett emerging from the sarlacc and discovering a whole new world of opportunity.

No Jabba? Both Vader and his Emperor dead, with the Empire's stranglehold on the galaxy crumbling? That's a power vacuum I think I'd like to see Boba aim to exploit by (potentially) building his own criminal empire. No need to find a new boss if you can be your own! :D:boba:

24. Solo88

Solo88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 31, 2018
    X-Men Days of Future Past made 747,862,775 worldwide. Solo's foreign box office is a disaster. X-Men Days of Future Past would have been labeled a flop if it only made 400 million WW.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=xmen2014.htm

Bossk_Baby likes this.
  25. Twain

Twain Jedi Master star 3

Aug 12, 2014
    Agree 100% -- SW has a foreign market problem right now.

SOLO will do about half (!) of what Star Trek Beyond did in China. The MCU and X-Men and various other superhero/sci-fi/space fantasy franchises make the majority of the profits outside the U.S.

My post about SOLO's domestic performance was just meant to highlight that this movie will compete with some other recent well-performing sci-fantasy movies...in the U.S.

I think if another Anthology film were placed in December and marketed appropriately in a way that made the GA feel like it was another "event" movie....the domestic BO for a series of Anthology SW movies would be much higher than SOLO and the WW take could consistently be very rewarding for LFL/Disney....maybe not with Rogue One type numbers but somewhere in the range of films like Days of Future Past.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2018
    Solo88 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.