main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Boba's Back Alley Burger Hut: The Fan Fiction Social Thread. Please Read First Post.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by oqidaun, Jun 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oqidaun

oqidaun Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2005
    PLEASE READ.

Welcome to the new social thread. I understand that everyone is eager to get back to happy hour and chatting it up with their fellow fanfic aficionados; however, we do need go over some ground rules that will be STRICTLY enforced in this thread. Please read over these rules before you post.

This thread will be run by the Fan Fiction moderators. All posts in the thread must be TOS compliant and any TOS violation (baiting, flaming, spamming) may result in disciplinary action, i.e., ban. Additionally, this thread will be moderated for the local rules set forth here.

Social Thread Rules:

1. This social thread is part of the Fan Fiction Resource Board. It does not belong to any particular person or group of people. All users are welcome. Any concerns about the thread should be brought to the attention of a member of the moderating team.

2. This is a social thread not a chat room. IM style conversations, e.g., single word or short dependent comments, need to be moved to IM, PM, or an actual chat room.

3. Back-to-back posts and spamming will not be tolerated. If the conversation dies down do not post simply to ?up? the thread. Additionally, using this thread to increase one?s post count is also discouraged.

4. If you snark, we ban. Keep personal feuds and unfriendly comments off the board. This includes opinions about the seasonal awards programs, other users, moderators and any other topic that might provoke snarking. If you can?t say something nice, don?t say it.

5. Fanfic-related or thread-specific discussions do not belong here. Steering the conversation in the direction of a specific fic is not allowed. Posts on specific fics will be viewed as ?pimping? and will be edited/deleted from the thread by a moderator. The user will receive one warning before further disciplinary action is taken, i.e., a short term ban.

The rationale behind this rule is to ensure that this social thread is a welcome place for all users regardless of whose story threads they frequent. One of the chief criticisms about this thread in the past has been that it has served as a private club for a small number of authors who used it to discuss their own fics and the fics of their friends. Use of the social thread as a ?fan club? is not in the best interests of this community and simply unfair to all of the other users. Please keep comments on specific fics to the story thread, an appropriate Resource thread or PM.

6. This is not a role playing thread. E-romance, e-bickering, etc? and the drama typically associated with such activities is not permitted in the context of this thread. Users wanting to engage in this sort of activity should do so via IM, PM or in an actual chat room.

7. The general guideline for posting pictures is three per 25 posts. This is a courtesy to the people on dial-up.

8. Try to be inclusive of all users who happen to wander into the social thread (this includes newbies). Treat all users with courtesy.

Now, let's get the discussion started.
    What were you doing at this time last year?

2. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    First post!

I was still working at Walmart last year.

3. ZebulaNebula

ZebulaNebula Jedi Master star 5

Feb 10, 2005
    This time last year ... I was packing to move. And selling fitness gear.

4. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    Squee! I haven't been in a social thread for ages!

This time last year, I was preparing for exams. [face_plain] I was probably doing homework at exactly this hour last year, too.

5. jackyyy17

jackyyy17 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2006
    This time last year, I asume I was working at my job and missing out on summer.

6. bi0nic

bi0nic Jedi Master star 3

Feb 15, 2006
    Mmmm, burgers.[/Homer] And Boba's burgers no less. It doesn't get any cooler than that. :p

Around this time last year, I was in Jamaica. One of the best holidays I ever had.

7. darksideyesplease

darksideyesplease Jedi Master star 4

Feb 12, 2005
    Just thought I'd say hi, before this place gets packed.

8. Eleventh_Guard

Eleventh_Guard Jedi Master star 5

Dec 17, 2005
    Last year I was attending classes and frantically looking for a job, since I'd just gotten a doctor's clearance to return to work.

(This year I'm in my second week of training at one paying enough for me to support myself! :D)

9. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    That is so cool, Eleventh_Guard!

I don't have a job yet. I had one last year, working with a girl who has spina biffida, but I had to quite because of the working conditions (long, sad story to this and I still feel guilty for quitting, but I couldn't work alongside Beth's mom at all, not after she started using me to vent her anger on someone).

I still have my volunteer job (working with little disabeled kids) though -- I love it! ::hugs a teddy bear::

10. leiamoody

leiamoody Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2005
    Boba's Back Alley Burger Hut...that's three doors down from Zippy Kurndun's Execution Shack, right? Exit 432 off the hyperlane...wait, that's Bib's Back Alley Rib Emporium. Never mind. :p

What were you doing at this time last year?

About the same thing I was doing right now. Suffering from equal amounts of insecurity and anger. Attending college part-time. Trying to find a job where I could save enough money to move out of state. Basically, trying to start my life over again.

11. FanakinSolo

FanakinSolo Jedi Youngling star 1

May 19, 2006
    Around this time last year, I was waiting for school to get out.

12. Eleventh_Guard

Eleventh_Guard Jedi Master star 5

Dec 17, 2005
    Thanks :) The job actually kind of sucks and involves funny hours (I work at night and sleep during the day... ack, sunlight, get it away! [face_laugh]) but I don't care; I work for paychecks and try to enjoy other parts of my life. If it was fun, they'd charge for attendance, I guess.

Does the burger hut have veggie burgers? Or does Boba look down on that? (Well, they probably sell fries, at least.)

13. ZebulaNebula

Feb 10, 2005
    Bummer ... rebuilding your life is hard ... no matter how young you are or how it got shattered in the first place. I'm still undoing the damage of my father kicking me out of the house.

14. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    That must've stunk, leiamoody.[:D]

Yes, there's a veggie menu here.

15. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    I was getting ready for finals and getting really frustrated with the lady in my apartment who wanted to marry me off before the end of summer.

16. kotorchick

kotorchick Jedi Knight star 4

Aug 11, 2005
    This exact time last year, I do believe I was watching the Tony Awards. I was royally freaking out, if I do so remember.

Well, Boba's burgers... at least I MIGHT actually trust this guy to not put grease in the recipes...

Now if tomorrow would already come and go- I WANT to get out of school! Of course, I start my brand new job the next day...

17. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    Hey, Ish and Allie.

Oh, almost forgot.

Evening, everyone.

Everyone. "Jon!"

Allie. "Jonathan."

Wait... does that count as role-playing?

18. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    At this time last year I was kicking final butt. At this time this year, I'm free.

19. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    Hey Jon! And everyone else!

Yes, there's a veggie menu here.

Oh good!

But, I might skip, I don't really like burgers at all anyways.

Could we possibly add on a pasta section? [face_batting] :p

20. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Can I get a salsaburger? And onion rings?

21. Kidan

Kidan TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 20, 2003
    at this time last year, I was probably doing basically the same thing as I did today....goof off with the family...go to church...eat something....

the life of a parent is VERY routine....:p

22. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    And yet a life I'd like one of these days...

23. ZebulaNebula

Feb 10, 2005
    you an' me both, Jon. But we have to get gals first ... or adopt.

24. Kidan

Kidan TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 20, 2003
    Oh, have no fear, I would not trade my life for anything.....being a husband and father is one of the greatest things Ive ever done....

</proud parent mode>

25. kotorchick

kotorchick Jedi Knight star 4

Aug 11, 2005
    Aw, but proud parent mode is so CUTE! ;) Sorry, I like kids unless I have to deal with them for LONG periods of time.

Oooooh, how about some cheese sticks and a milkshake for me?

You know, if we're ordering, we might need to declare a chef, but that might be roleplaying.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.