main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Boba's Back Alley Burger Hut: The Fan Fiction Social Thread. Please Read First Post.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by oqidaun, Jun 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drabba_the_Hutt

Drabba_the_Hutt Jedi Master star 4

Feb 16, 2005
    I don't get given gifts often, and when I do, I'm often aware well in advance what I'm getting, so there's little reason to wrap, let alone disguise.

EDIT: Oh no, I lost my icon! I'm naked!

2. Roain_Xantos

Roain_Xantos Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 21, 2005
    look away!!

My dad always winds up figuring out what we've gotten him one way or another. Usually it's my sister who gives it away...

~*Roain <><

3. Drabba_the_Hutt

Feb 16, 2005
    Okay, I got my Veers icon back on. I like it because it's like he's looking out through a hole in the monitor.

4. Roain_Xantos

Jan 21, 2005
    Rotflol

~*Roain <><

5. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Just got back from choir and we got our advertising t-shirts for the year. They're pink, short-sleeved with "byu women's chorus" in dark brown lettering over fuschia and seafoam green diamonds and outlines of peach diamonds. On the back it has all our names and the year that we're singing.

6. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Well, I'm just wearing a Vader tee that says, "Don't push my buttons!" I found it in the boys department and loved it. :p

7. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    good one Drabba! Why don't we all tell why we have our current icon. I switched from my long time ROTS Obi-Wan, to the short-lived comic book EU Luke, and, now to artist rendition of ROTS Obi-Wan.

I thought Obi-Wan looked so dignified in ROTS. Wise. Refined. Almost Elegant. In a manly way, of course. [face_worried]

For some reason, I can't really figure out, I identify with Obi-Wan and Luke the most. Or perhaps, I'd like to emulate them. Cool guys, both of them.:cool:

What about the rest of you?

8. AnakinsFavorite

AnakinsFavorite Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 10, 2006
    I'm wearing something i randomly pulled out of the closet with my eyes closed (I was half asleep)

Yes, I'm back to torture you all. [face_mischief]

Kidan: If you want to have a gift that is impossible to open, give your kid unlimited tape and some paper- that's always fun.

Edit: My icon... is the evil Monty Python bunny. There is a plot bunny eating at my mind, but it hasn't revealed itself yet! [face_shame_on_you] I have a feeling that it's going to be an angsty horror one.

9. VadersMistress

VadersMistress Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 7, 2004
    Drabba, you should always keep an extra cloak handy in case that nakedness happens. I keep mine in my back pocket, though I would be in a sticky wicket if I ever lost the pants that go with the back pocket. Perhaps the underwear gnomes would help me out.

I've decided Beagles are nothing but trouble. Cute. But trouble.

Umm... Drabba, you're icon is looking at me funny. Can he see me? [face_worried]

10. AnakinsFavorite

Apr 10, 2006
    I think he's a stalker or... worse! An evil plot bunny in disguise! RUN FOR IT! :eek:

11. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    My icon is to support the makers of the Pink 5 series or irritate them every time they see it. Either one works. It's also a reminder of my neverending addiction to writing Pink 5 fics.

12. AnakinsFavorite

Apr 10, 2006
    Oh, that is her! I get it now! :oops: And no jokes about how slow I am. [face_skull]

13. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    I didn't actually realize it was her until I saw the same image larger at atomfilms.com and went, "hey, that looks familiar." That was a while back, though.

14. AnakinsFavorite

Apr 10, 2006
    Okay, so it wasn't just me [face_dancing]

15. Drabba_the_Hutt

Feb 16, 2005
    One other nice thing about this icon is that it even ties in a bit with the Fourth Doctor one I had over Halloween. A year before he was General Veers, Julian Glover played the villain opposite Tom Baker in the Doctor Who story "City of Death" (available on DVD). As close-up as that is, it could easily be Count Scarlioni who's looking out there.

A scene early in the second episode of "City of Death" has some wonderfully quotable lines. Admittedly, it's hard to work "I say, what a wonderful butler; he's so violent!" into conversation, but there's plenty of fun to be had with "You're a very beautiful woman, probably." [face_mischief]

16. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    I'm not very good with close-up icons unless they're people we regularly see close-ups of.

17. AnakinsFavorite

Apr 10, 2006
    You could probably show me a close up of Anakin and have me thuroughly confused.

Ack! A plot bunny is nibbling at me right now, but I don't know what it's saying!

18. Roain_Xantos

Jan 21, 2005
    (V)
    (0.0)
    (")(")

~*Roain <><

19. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Oh, that's just disturbing.

20. Roain_Xantos

Jan 21, 2005
    But isn't he just so cute?

~*Roain <><

21. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    No, actually, he's not. The eyes in particular are terrible.

22. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    Evening, everyone.

Everyone. "Jon!"

Allie. "Jonathan."

My fic addiction is bad when I post here before going to bed...:oops:

Got home a few minutes ago from work. Was dead tonight, so I got out early.

*Gets out katana and killifies Roian's plot bunny*

My icon? To support my favorite character of all time, Tenel Ka! The kick-butt Queen Mother... who will probably be killed in the next Legacy book.[face_plain]

Why? Because the current EU direction stinks.:mad::mad:

23. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Settle, dear. It's best to be in a good mood before bed.

24. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    Thank you, Ish. I'll... try.

Have a good night, all.

25. oqidaun

oqidaun Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2005
    I never do any holiday shopping until the week before.
    I love to buy gifts for people, but can't keep them a secret so I buy them with very little time between the purchase and the gifting. I do however love to wrap presents, it's always been my thing, I have all of these really unique papers that I've collected over the years and put a lot into the presentation. We don't do a tree so there are just piles of boxes here and there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.