main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mini Series Boba's Five Years

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by BigAl6ft6, Jan 25, 2022.

?

what was Boba doing for the majority of 5 years?

1. Prisoner of Tuskens

4 vote(s)
    11.1%
  2. Teaching the Tuskens to ride speeders "like a Bantha"

7 vote(s)
    19.4%
  3. nose lizard tripping and learning intricate dance choreography

6 vote(s)
    16.7%
  4. Wandering the desert with his bantha, bummed out and peeking at Bib's hangar

11 vote(s)
    30.6%
  5. Other

8 vote(s)
    22.2%
  1. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    So, going by the flashbacks, from Sarlacc to finding Fennic, that's five years. He can't be in the Sarlacc for more than a short amount of time because the Marshall has to get his armour which takes place immediately after the destruction of Death Star II. So what was the majority of his time spent doing?

whostheBossk and 3sm1r like this.
  2. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Seeking new life, and new civilizations.

3. Boba Fett.

Boba Fett. Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 14, 2020
    With the Tuskens. Not prisoner for the majority of 5 years, just at in the beginning.

whostheBossk and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  4. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    I'd like to think the Tuskens were probably just dragging him across the desert for at least a year. Another year of him on his Vision Quest till he finally showed up again.

5. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    This should be covered in a book. Like some sort of book of Boba Fett.

6. Boba Fett.

Jul 14, 2020
    The film of Boba Fett would be more appropriate

whostheBossk likes this.
  7. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    Pushing through the market square.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  8. 3sm1r

3sm1r Force Ghost star 6

Dec 27, 2017
    As we see in episode 7, he meets Fennec just few days after she has slaughtered the Tusken tribe, so I'd say most of the 5 years were with the Tuskens.

Bor Mullet and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  9. Boba Fett.

Jul 14, 2020
    Episode 7 is good ?
    Rodriguez has improved since his last episode ?

Bor Mullet and 3sm1r like this.
  10. Generational Fan

Generational Fan Jedi Master star 4

Oct 21, 2015
    Depends on when the scene of the audience first seeing Boba scouting Jabba's Palace occurs - because straight after this, whilst eating at his campfire with his Bantha, Boba see's the flares fired at Fennec by Din; which we know this occurs 5 years after ROTJ.

After Boba goes to collect the money on behalf of the Sandpeople and then returns to find them slaughtered, if, after the funeral pyre and Boba riding off, the viewing of Jabba's Palace takes place straight away, then it's likely he has been living with the Sandpeople all those years.

However, if there is a time gap between the funeral pyre and scouting Jabba's Palace, then maybe he's been roaming the Dune Sea for some time and eventually finds out who has his armour.

Although it felt like no time had passed between the funeral pyre and scouting Jabba's Palace, there is still potential wriggle room for Boba to be doing other things because the timeframe is not definitively tied to something other than the events surrounding Fennec.

11. VexedAtVohai

VexedAtVohai Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 4, 2020
    He thinks it's still in the sarlacc as of Mando Season 1.

---

The fact that the Tusken kid doesn't seem to grow would suggest he spends a lot of the five years alone.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2022
  12. Generational Fan

Oct 21, 2015
    The only thing I would argue is that Jabba's Sail Barge wreckage still has smoke (very lightly) coming out of it when he breaks free of the Sarlacc.

But I see your point with the kid when he throws him on the funeral pyre. The kid's body is the same size as when Boba first meets him. So with that fact at hand, after the funeral pyre and Boba rides off on his Bantha, he has to be roaming the Tatooine wastelands for ages and regularly checking up on Jabba's Palace.

13. VexedAtVohai

VexedAtVohai Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 4, 2020
    We see the kid as Boba leaves to meet the Pykes, I don't think we ever see their body later on.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  14. Boba Fett.

Jul 14, 2020
    Or the Tuskens grow slower than humans.

VexedAtVohai likes this.
  15. Generational Fan

Oct 21, 2015
    Okay, I thought the kid's body was one - but it must be just another's body.

So at this point (Boba riding off to collect money on behalf of Sandpeople and returning to the massacre), here could be the potential for a time difference; or a continuity error where they haven't been careful enough to dot the i's and cross the t's.

16. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    I do think he's wandering the desert for awhile, be it vision quest (undetermined time length which can be anything, I don't think it was just a weird night) or more likely his post Tusken slaughter. He did already have a bond with his Bantha and it's implied he's been scouting out Bib's for awhile.

The poll is a mite flippant, I'll admit, but I do think he spent most of the time with the Tuskens (the kid not growing in 5 years would indicate it wasn't that long) but I wouldn't put it past him that he was wandering aimless and alone for a good long while after the Tuskens all died. So let's say 3 years Tuskens (1 year prisoner cuz they're badass like that), 2 years desert wandering.

17. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    All of that stuff actually happened within a few months of ROTJ. He was writing a novel during the rest of the years.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2022
    Sarge and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  18. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    Probably with tuskens or wandering the desert. It really seems bit odd how the timeline seems to be missing a lot of time now. Maybe he was surprisingly long in the Sarlacc after all.

19. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    4 years With the Tusken community, few hours at most in the Sarlacc. Few days as the Tusken's prisoner, months trainning the Tusken's in riding speeder bikes, few days in his spirit quest. 1 year wondering alone as tries to prepare himself for taking back the slave 1.

whostheBossk likes this.
  20. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    It’s clear he doesn’t spend too long with the Tuskens because the child doesn’t age. So probably a couple months or so maybe. Most of those five years we have no idea what he’s doing. Intriguing. [face_thinking]

21. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Maybe he got addicted to lizard-in-the-nose and spent four years wandering around a really cool water world? Almost like home, Taun We!

Last edited: Jan 27, 2022
    BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  22. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    Shouldn't that be the book of The Book of Boba Fett?

23. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Yes. That is exactly the right name for it.

BigAl6ft6 and Django Fett like this.
  24. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    This five years gap is what actually may support my crazy theories.... what if there is something very wrong with Boba Fett? Are his memories real? He sees dreams about his past. What if there is something more to it?

Glitterstimm and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  25. Sproj

Sproj Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2019
    The Short Story of Boba Fett - A Commentary on A Much Better Show?

Sarge likes this.