main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Bobas rocket changed for Pit of carkoon fig

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by k3po, Jan 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. k3po

k3po Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 21, 2001
    Thats too bad, look weird now.

http://forums.rebelscum.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=36;t=004987

2. Silac5

Silac5 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 12, 2001
    The rocket almost looks perverse. Definitely not a change for the better. Still, I'll save my final judgement until I get a look at it in the stores.

3. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    Before
    [image=http://www.starwars.hasbro.com/bountyhunter/repnews/imgs/Boba-Fett_lg.jpg]

After
    [image=http://www.picturelist.com/auctions/showimagez.asp?user=anakin&pic=SWAOTCBOBALOOSE1a.jpg]

Yeah, the jetpack missile has been changed, it looks more like a vintage jetpack now.

EDIT: That image ain't working :(

4. Jack_T_Chance

Jack_T_Chance Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2002
    Huh.... that's weird!
    Wonder why the change?
    Here's a thought...
    maybe, just maybe, they reused the firing rocket idea from the 300th Figure Edition, and are including 2 interchangeable missiles? ?[face_plain]

5. darcphoenyx

darcphoenyx Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 12, 2001
    They changed it for the "quick draw" action feature Jack...just like the Slave 1 Pilot Jango. So what you see is what you're stuck with.

The rocket bothers me too...but not as much as the color scheme. Is it just me or does the paint job look a bit bright and "cartoonish" for that figure.

It's almost too bad the 300th figure was so good...any Boba figures from now on will look sub-par.

6. MrMarcus

MrMarcus Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 7, 2003
    Paraphrasing from RebelScum forums:
    " Hasbro has done away with the impressive jet pack rocket in favor of an "action feature". A button that, when pushed, aims the bounty hunters weapon."

[image=http://systems.figures.com/archives/images/55/48355.jpg]

7. Master-Fett

Master-Fett Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 25, 2002
    there are a few more changes in the two. i hate the size ih the new boba fett's hands, the first one didnt have those big hands :(

8. NiktosRule

NiktosRule Jedi Padawan star 4

May 8, 2001
    Well it looks like they've ruined what looked like a great figure. I hate action features and I hope Hasbro does away with them soon.

9. Ret

Ret Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 17, 1999
    " Hasbro has done away with the impressive jet pack rocket in favor of an "action feature". A button that, when pushed, aims the bounty hunters weapon."

Are they really that stupid?

10. JediOverlord

JediOverlord Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2000
    I don't care,I'm still getting it,even though I already have the 300th Boba Fett. Besides,I think I lost 300th Fett's gun,and this Fett's gun might be a good replacement. Also,that rocket-fire base is wicked cool.

11. Quickstrike34

Quickstrike34 Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 27, 2001
    I'll still get the figure - though I must say they could have at least mad the button on the jetpack that raises the Hand actully look like the missile on the jetpack, rather than a stick which just stands out awkwardly.

12. bitterlt

bitterlt Jedi Youngling star 1

May 24, 2002
    I'm beginning to think that Hasbro has a committee for ruining figures. I can see it now:

"O.K.-this is a really good Boba Fett figure. How can we make it suck. I know, lets take this detailed jet pack and make it look completely awkward and stupid by putting in an action feature that no one likes. Lets also make his hands unnecessarily large."

13. Ret

Dec 17, 1999
    Oh my. Yikes, his hands are super large.

14. BucMan55

BucMan55 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 15, 2002
    Well, at least we finally have a chance to get Boba Fett with the proper weapon!

15. shocktrooper

shocktrooper Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 2, 2002
    Why O Why?
    This figure looked so cool, Now they've gone and cocked it up.
    Though I think the large hands is due to the photographer rather then the figure.
    I'll just have to see when it comes out

16. jango_joe

jango_joe Jedi Padawan star 4

May 22, 2002
    They always seem to mess things up, first it looked like a smaller unleashed. but now , i dont know, il have to see it in person

17. Master-Fett

Master-Fett Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 25, 2002
    :_| :_| Why hasbro? Why? :_| :_|

18. Mr.Neck or Yarael Poof

Mr.Neck or Yarael Poof Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 19, 2000
    Well, I was on the fence about this one before, but now I think I'll probably skip it. I really like the flame, but I think the 300th Boba Fett is far superior to this figure, especially when you factor in that asinine rocket pack action feature. If I can pick it up on sale, maybe, otherwise it's almost defiantly a pass...

19. BobaFett_YJN

BobaFett_YJN Jedi Padawan star 4

May 27, 2001
    I did have high hopes for this figure, but Hasbro has once again ruined it.

This is just a rehash of the 300th Boba Fett with an attempt of making it resemble that of Boba Fett in Return of the Jedi, ignoring the fact that he had a different gun and differnt coloured jumpsuit. And the jetpack alteration makes another sacrifice to the accuracy for the sake of a somewhat useless feature.

20. Icebreaker

Icebreaker Jedi Master star 4

Aug 20, 2001
    [color=336699]Yikes...thats a pretty bad figure
    :(

The original one looked kinda CooL, I was planning on picking it up. But this one with the 'action' movement crap on it looks stupid. I guess I am asking the same question as everyone else, 'Why Hasbro?' I usually stick up for them when they come out with re-paints and stuff but this is just getting pathetic! I would rather have a limited amount of NEW figures coming out rather then dozens of OLD figures that are just thrown together to make money

~ICeBReaKeR[/color]
    He has never been cooler...

21. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    Why does he come with a action feature anyway?!!
    He never really was a main character in
    the OT.
    I know Hasbro always said he`ll be having his quick draw feature but when I saw the first pics of the figure it somehow
    looked as if there was no feature.
    As if he`d be a collection 2 figure.

Really. Hasbro always confuses me with their collection 1 and 2 system.
    Collection 1 figures are MAIN characters
    with action features, right?
    Collection 2 are secondary and background characters with special poses, from now on a BASE ( Boba`s flames?! ) and no action feature.
    So what`s the deal, Hasbro ?

Why is Boba surposed to come with a feature if he`s not a main dude and still
    comes with a base?

Other question:
    Why on earth are both pilot Padmé and
    the newest Padmé collection 2 characters. Is she a background character?

22. Legolas_Greenleaf_

Legolas_Greenleaf_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 10, 2002
    Pilot Padme was Col 1.

If everyone is moping about this figure not having a flame base anymore, he still does. If you look at the auction picture, he still has his flame base.....

23. Ret

Dec 17, 1999
    We're moping about his "action feature".

24. PhantomMenace

PhantomMenace Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 20, 2001
    Yes, were moping about his action feature and his ugly jetpack.

Why did they have to change the jetpack anyway? With their technology they shoulda been able to make a better one.

25. NiktoJedi9

NiktoJedi9 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 1, 2003
    I think the 300th Fett was definately in another class from this figure. First of all, it looks like a cartoon. I could have lived with that, he has detail in other areas that balance that out. What they did to his jetpack though is just silly. Who is in charge of their R&D anyway, a 4 year old?!? :mad:
    (No offense to any 4 year olds out there, I think they might even prefer the 300th Fett ;) )

Is there anyone out there that thinks this is an improvement? ?[face_plain]

*sound of crickets chirping*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.