main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Bob's Burgers: Season Premiere

Discussion in 'Community' started by Nevermind, Jan 9, 2011.

1. Nevermind

Nevermind Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 14, 2001
    8:30-9PM
    FOX

Bob's Burgers

"This is one tasty meal. Cooked up by the creator of animated near-classics like Dr. Katz and Home Movies, the greasy-spoon-set series features similarly sidesplitting dialogue and the inimitable deadpan of H. Jon Benjamin (who also voices the titular spy-oaf on FX?s Archer). To see a comedy this well done is very rare indeed. A- ?Keith Staskiewicz"

2. King_of_Red_Lions

King_of_Red_Lions Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 28, 2003
    The animation style will have to grow on me. I think Bob's youngest daughter is the best character on the show. The premeire has some funny moments but it wasn't side splitting. I'll give it a couple of more tries.

3. Nevermind

Oct 14, 2001
    Bob's Burgers

Episode: Sexy Dance Fighting (NEW)

"Tina joins a martial arts class after developing a crush on the instructor; Bob decides to take matters into his own hands when Tina shirks her responsibilities at the restaurant."

* NEW

8:30 - 9:00 PM FOX

4. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    The only character I don't like is the mother, mostly because I can;t stand her voice. Louise/Schaal is by far the best, with acknowledgments to the greatness that is H. Jon Benjamin.

"So you're NOT going to get revenge today?" ::wink::
    "No, Louise, I'm not."
    "Ok" ::wink:: "Got it. Then I won't-" ::wink:: "-bring your credit card which I cut into a ninja star"
    "Agh- you cut my credit card?"
    "Into a ninja star!"

5. Nevermind

Oct 14, 2001
    Bob's Burgers

Episode: Bed & Breakfast (NEW)

Linda tries to take advantage of tourist traffic by opening a bed and breakfast.

* NEW

6. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    I think this show is finally starting to grow on me. For the first time Sunday's episode had me laughing out loud. I was loving Louise's "insane boss" personality.

7. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Yeah, I was about to say that, as of this last episode, I'm even starting to buy them as a real family, despite some of the annoying elements.

The dancing anus nightmare had me rolling. And yes, Louise is awesome.

8. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    What I like about the show is the way that Bob doesn't appear to be the primary focus all the time where usually Peter Griffin, Cleveland Brown, and Stan Smith are in their shows. I like it for two reasons: 1) it allows Bob's family to shine and grow in their own way on the show and with the audience, and 2) I've never been a huge fan of H. Jon Benjamin's voice.

As most would agree, I think Louise is great, but I think what helps that is her brother Gene. He sets her up a lot and also supports her eccentric behavior as if it was normal. I like how they both team up against their oldest sister. Where most kids look up to the elder sibling for guidance, none of that is happening which opens a lot of doors for comedy.

I didn't know how to feel about Bob's wife at first. She appeared to support him blindly but at the same time also voiced her disagreement with certain topics. Now that we've seen her character grow, what I interpret is that she craves to feel large in her tiny slice of the world and I appreciate that. Some of her antics are funny and some fall short, but at the end of the day, this dysfunctional family works together as a unit and they continue to entertain me each week.

9. Nevermind

Oct 14, 2001
    Bob's Burgers

Episode: Spaghetti Western and Meatballs (NEW)

"Louise feels alienated when Bob and Gene start watching spaghetti westerns; Tina fights her way through a conflict-resolution program."

* NEW

10. Nevermind

Oct 14, 2001
    Bob's Burgers
    Episode: The Belchies
    PREMIERE
    NEW
    S02, E01

When the kids go on a treasure hunt in an abandoned taffy factory, Linda and Bob must find them before a scheduled demolition takes place.

CC
    TV-14 (D,L,V,S)