main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Bond between Finn and Poe Going Forward

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Jonipoon, Apr 21, 2016.

1. CowMoo

CowMoo Jedi Master star 3

Aug 12, 2001
    Been a while since I've seen the movie in theaters, but one thing that was somewhat lacking in The Last Jedi was a further exploration on the friendship between Poe and Finn. The friendship is still there, but since the characters embark on their own separate stories for much of the film, Poe and Finn seem be more developed as individual characters in The Last Jedi, then their dynamic together. In a way, this is much like "Empire Strikes Back" where Han and Luke go off into their separate ways for a time.

One quick moment in The Last Jedi that may hint into the characters in the final film in this trilogy may be the moment in the final Battle of Crait, when Poe tries to dissuade Finn from the suicide run towards the First Order cannon. I personally anticipate that Poe would have a greater role to play as a leader of the Resistance; maturing as a leader when he seems to have realized the meaning of the words of Kahless "Destroying an empire to win a war is no victory, and ending a battle to save an empire is no defeat." (yes, I know I'm mixing franchises here) . Finn's trajectory for the next film is less clear, but as for their bond together, I personally see that their friendship would be less "buddy-buddy" or that bromance that was in "The Force Awakens" and gradually grow more into a partnership and a sharing of mutual respect as the characters themselves graduate into roles of greater responsibility.

CosmicDust likes this.
  2. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    As much as people would want it. I don’t see them being together anymore. Their friendship will surely be strengthened, but only that.