main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Bonjour

Discussion in 'France' started by grievious, May 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grievious

grievious Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 27, 2005
    Bonjour all of you, I'm from Holland so my French isn't that good, Avion, baquette, croque monsieur and croisant is all I know

so I just try in English. I'm just interested what people in La France think of Star Wars!

2. Nwalme Jade

Nwalme Jade Ex(patriated) RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 13, 2000
    Hello :)

Star Wars is quite big in France, but I don't know if it's quite as big as it is in the US or in the UK. We just had our *first* offical SW convention (1 in 28 years!).

It's hard to tell anyway, because people on this board are not really 'hardcore' fans, especially compared to other French sites, and I don't know which group is representative of SW fandom in France.

3. GAUVIN

GAUVIN Jedi Youngling

May 1, 2005
    Goeden dag ! Ik kan geen vlaamse spreken ! It's all I can say in "Flemish"! I live near the Belgian boarder, that's why ...Well, first of all, welcome ! I'm quite new on this board, as you can see, but i've been knowing SW nearly since the beginning and I have transmitted the " disease " to my children, who are 11, 4 and 3 !They can all sing the principal theme and also the imperial march !!lol!! I personnaly think that SW is a fantastic dream machine, because of the story but also because of the mythic making of all the saga which took G. Lucas up so high, although he first wrote a "little" story which had no future;I must say that I'm a bit , well, not deceived, but a kind of disappointed, well, it's even not the good word, about the N° 3:the film is perfect, the effects are rare, but in fact we, old fans, knew what would happen; but I can't denie my great pleasure to see that episode that connects very well to the "old" trilogy. May the force be whith SW !

4. grievious

Mar 27, 2005
    Hi there GAUVIN You do speak Dutch a little, and without mistakes! My French isn't that good. Fortunate, we bought speak English. I had two years of French, but to be honest, I didn't really liked it. But that's more of my teachers fault :D

I am also a real fan ( That's why the force guided me to this boards). It really impacted my life to, and the most beautifull thing of Star Wars is, that it is a long long time ago, in a galaxy far far away. That's why you can imagine and add everything to the galaxy that you want. It's all possible, my imagination never ends. Thanks to Star Wars. Only ofcourse we knew what was gonna happen in Ep3. But still, it's hard to accept.

Now I'll try some off my French again for GAUVIN:

Bonjour . :p Je m'apelle Ricky. Je suis de Pais Bass. Damn I forgot almost everything.

oh, and vote AGAINST l'Europ!

5. Emilie

Emilie Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 5, 2002
    The question is not "for or against EUROPE"
    but "do we agree or not with THIS CONTITUTION".
    Wich is slightly different. But thanks for sharing your opinion, and welcome ;o)

6. grievious

Mar 27, 2005
    You know what I mean.

7. Nwalme Jade

Apr 13, 2000
    "Je m'appelle Ricky, je viens des Pays-Bas" ;)

As for Europe - I guess you were part of the 63% yesterday then!

8. grievious

Mar 27, 2005
    ^
    Yes (My parents). In my city, 70% voted against.

And did you vote against the constitution or against the government, because I hear that the France voted more against Chiraque then against the constitution.

How do I say "I'm 15 years old " In French

9. Lady_Lucas

Lady_Lucas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2002
    "J'ai 15 ans"

10. joruscbaoth

joruscbaoth Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 27, 2001
    In France most of the people vote against our gouvernment

11. Oryx-I

Oryx-I Force Ghost star 6

Oct 2, 2000
    And that's some kind of a national tradition. It's not just an european thing...

12. Lady_Lucas

Mar 28, 2002
    I wonder if Chirac will get re-elected after all this?

13. akhun

akhun Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 5, 2000
    Why not? Presidential elections are not in just 6 months :p

14. Nwalme Jade

Apr 13, 2000
    He may hope that Villepin and Sarkozy will cancel each other so that he'll pick up the pieces and prepare for a third term. Dear oh dear...

15. Lady_Lucas

Mar 28, 2002
    Villepin the Poet versus Sarkozy the Reformer. That should be an interesting political race in 2007. :)

16. joruscbaoth

joruscbaoth Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 27, 2001
    and what about Lionel back-from-the-dead Jospin?

17. Nwalme Jade

Apr 13, 2000
    Well, he's still officially retired isn't he? It's between Hollande and Fabius now.

18. Lady_Lucas

Mar 28, 2002
    What about Domenica Strauss-Kahn? Do you think he will try to run for President?

19. MARCOLAS

MARCOLAS FF France North CR - FanForce Logo Designer star 6

Apr 3, 2001
  20. Lady_Lucas

Mar 28, 2002
    I know you think it is funny but I did see that question in a french article online. ;)

21. MARCOLAS

MARCOLAS FF France North CR - FanForce Logo Designer star 6

Apr 3, 2001
    En français
    Ce n'est pas très sérieux de penser à lui.

22. Aliabes

Aliabes Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 27, 2002
    Pourquoi pas DSK?

Il a certainement plus de charisme que Hollande et Fabius.

23. grievious

Mar 27, 2005
    where is this thread going, That people start about the Constitution is OK, but whole stories in French... non, I don't understand it anymore. Please keep it English. ;)

24. GAUVIN

GAUVIN Jedi Youngling

May 1, 2005
    Goeden dag , Grievious ;
    *In English*

About the "no" to this constitution, I think that many people in France were afraid because the text is locked for fifty years, and allows no changes during this time... It looked quite like a trap and nobody wants to fall in...

You're still young, Grievious, and maybe it will be very a common thing for you to read this, but YOU are the future of Europe; you are not allowed to vote yet but you are interested in politics and I admire this ; go on and don't let yourself run without paying attention to what's happening; I know it's not the place to speak about politics, but maybe you are interested in astronomy as well ?
    Then if yes, you know how small and fragile is our Earth , how insignificant we are in front of the gigantism of some giant stars, or of the deepness of space. How can you imagine the wars, the racism, the way that some people hate each other?

I adress that msg to all the young (and old) people reading me at the moment, no matter their land of birth.
    *with a shivering voice:*
    (The old timer is making philosophy again !)

25. RedLord

RedLord Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 3, 2000
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.