main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Book Hunting - Help Required!!!!

Discussion in 'Archive: London UK' started by smiley_rancor, Apr 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smiley_rancor

smiley_rancor Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 18, 2006
    Heya,

Can anyone help me as i'm looking for a copy of Star Wars X-wing - Isard's Revenge for a friend. I've tried play.com/ebay etc and its comming up not available. Does anyone know where i could get a copy or is willing to sell?

Thanks everyone!!!

bye. s_m xx

2. Lord-Tice

Lord-Tice Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 20, 2001
    Sadly getting hold of some of the older SW novels can be tricky and sadly I can't think of a site or store that may have a copy. I am however going to a convention this weekend and will keep an eye out for one. When do you need it by??

3. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Amazon UK wants 4-6 weeks to ship it. However, they have some used ones in the Marketplace.
    Alternatively if you are near London try Forbidden Planet or the Borders on Charing Cross Road. Both have quite a few of the comic tpbs.

4. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    In the recent past I've been on the hunt for the X-Wing novels (inparticular the early ones) and haven't had much luck finding any at either FP or the big book shops. But the amazon marketplace or even ebay sounds like a good bet.

5. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I've bought other older SW books from the Amazon New & Used section before without any problems. The main seller I have used is abebooks, but I don't think they are on the list linked to above. As long as you check the seller's feedback before placing the order it should be OK. You place it just as you would a regular Amazon order and they handle getting the payment from you to the seller. Delivery might take a bit extra time, depending on where the seller is and how quickly they read the email telling them of the sale.

6. Ellbobin

Ellbobin Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 30, 2004
    I'm at collectormaina this weekend, I'll keep an eye out.

7. darththundercat

darththundercat Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 7, 2003
    alternativley if you have an ottakrs near you, ask them if they can order it thru Bill Gills

8. smiley_rancor

Jan 18, 2006
    Hiya everyone,

Thanks so much for all your replies!

As suggested i went to Amazon - and now hopefully i have a copy winging its way to me in the next couple of days (with extortionate delivery charge!!!). To be honest i was so surprised that some of the older books are no longer in print as i've never had any problems gettting hold of the bantam published ones. Anyway thank you again for offering to keep an eye out for me at conventions etc - i haven't heard of collectormania before, i'm curious where its held?

BTW does anyone know anything about the new 'legacy' series coming out, i only know the basics aka what was on starwars.com.

TTFN, s_m :D

9. smiley_rancor

Jan 18, 2006
    Hiya everyone,

Thanks so much for all your replies!

As suggested i went to Amazon - and now hopefully i have a copy winging its way to me in the next couple of days (with extortionate delivery charge!!!). To be honest i was so surprised that some of the older books are no longer in print as i've never had any problems gettting hold of the bantam published ones. Anyway thank you again for offering to keep an eye out for me at conventions etc - i haven't heard of collectormania before, i'm curious where its held?

BTW does anyone know anything about the new 'legacy' series coming out, i only know the basics aka what was on starwars.com.

TTFN, s_m :D

soz - i have shoddy wireless internet connection, which likes to cut out at a moments notice esp in the middle of posting hence the double post!!!

10. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Collectormania starts tomorrow and runs through Monday in Milton Keynes at TheCenter. You can see the website here for more information. I went last year and met Temuera Morrison (Jango).

11. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    Glad we could help and that you've managed to track down a copy :)
    It's a bummer that the older books are hard to get because I'd like to catch up on some of them too. And I'm afraid that I don't know much about the new series either.

Collectormaina is a great show and from the same team, we also have the London Film & Comic Con this July 1st & 2nd. Check out the website here: LF&CC
    The London FF will be well represented at this one for we have a table :D

12. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    Ah the good old x-wing novels. They were the very first star wars
    books I read. Really the only series I've read all of. I'm a
    slow reader and am still only very early in the New Jedi Order.
    Glad you found a copy.

13. smiley_rancor

Jan 18, 2006
    Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeekkkkkkkk!!!!!!!!!!!

Amazon has just axed my book order. My bank chewed up the money transfer (yes i did have enough in the account which makes it even more annoying). Hopefully i can re-order an not loose everything.

I think i will definitly have to check out the LFCC, looks to be a great venue and i shall have to hunt down your table.:D

s_m

14. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Oh man, that's a bummer.
    You don't bank with HSBC, do you? I heard on Friday that they were having computer issues with paying peoples' salaries into their accounts and that some would not be credited til Tuesday. The problems were with salaries that are electronically credited.
    Hopefully you can re-enter the order once you get the banking issues sorted out..

15. smiley_rancor

Jan 18, 2006
    Sadly yes i do bank with HSBC, usually they're very good, at least you have managed to explain what happened where costomer service failed!!!!

Going to try and re-order tomorrow.

Thanks s_m

16. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    If you want, I can take a look at stores here in the US, and see if there are any copies.

17. smiley_rancor

Jan 18, 2006
    hey, thanks for the offer to look in the states but i am still trying with amazon at the moment. Hopefully they'll hurry up!

Thanks anyway :)

18. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    Sorry to hear that the first order didn't work. Hope you didn't lose any money either.

And you're more then welcome to join us at our table, for a chat or to be included on the rota ;)
    Should be a great show so keep an eye on the thread on this forum to see the latest gossip!!

19. smiley_rancor

Jan 18, 2006
    Hiya, it would be great to come say hi and for a chat at LFCC, so hopefully see you there! :)

20. JediKnight_Veronna

JediKnight_Veronna Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 13, 2006
    There is a shop in canterbury called incognito comics, you may of seen there stand at a few conventions here and there. They can usually garuntee 100% success in tracking down any sci fi comic or book, and collectables such as figuers, posable models, film still ect ect. Check them out at some point http://www.incognitocomics.co.uk/

Last week I bought a Luke Skywalker Lightsaber hilt prop from ROTJ that Gearge Lucas didnt like the look of so it never made it into the film of course because of my fandom of the star wars universe it set me back £900. Its amazing what you can get from there most of the stuff is pretty cheap though ranginf from £1 right up to £2000 depends on how bad you want somthing i guess :p

21. major_phennir

major_phennir Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 1, 2006
    If only I'd read this post earlier [sigh] I had a copy of X-Wing: Isard's Revenge which I sold on Amazon Marketplace last week. If anyone is looking for some of the older Star Wars books I have a few that I am trying to get rid of - just PM me for details.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.