main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

BOOK ROOMS NOW...I DID!!!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Amidala081499, May 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pwinklespi

pwinklespi Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 30, 2004
    Hey no problem Tan. Last year I went to Celebration III and it was awesome. I took my 15 year old cousin so basically anything I wanted to do, he was on board. This year I am taking my spouse and, well, I can't do anything I want to do. LA has all sorts of stuff to do. Take your sister to see some of the sites. Make her come to the con with you during the day and then show her Hollywood at night. If you get a nicer hotel,(hopefully through the block of rooms LFL and Gen Con will have set aside) it will have a pool. Maybe if your sister doesn't want to go to the con one day, she can hang out by the pool.

2. sithlard

sithlard Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 13, 2004
    Does anyone know if it's possible that the hotel blocks that Hyperspace reserves will be for hotels close to the Convention center? I waited to reserve until they opened up the blocks with discounted rates last time. Great hotel, great rate, but it was probably 10 miles from the Convention Center in Indy. I'd like something that I can walk to if I have to, that is if the shuttle system ends up not working well.

3. TanSei

TanSei Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 3, 2005
    Maybe getting a lot of sleep beforehand is going to be crucial for the success of the con if we are going to be at the con during days and around LA at nights ;) Seriously, I am happy that there is a year to prepare for all of this.

MTFBWY

4. princessleia911

princessleia911 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2005
    I just booked at the Omni because it is 1.5 miles from the Convention Center and it looks really nice. The lady on the phone in reservations told me they are in a "cleaned up and safe" part of downtown and that there are people in purple shirts who walk around and help you get where you need to go. She said the area is safe to walk around at night. Also, I don't know if my husband is going [face_frustrated] but if he doesn't, I wanted to be somewhere that offers child care. The concierge at the Omni has a list of approved babysitters to be in the hotel which means I can put the kiddies to bed and have a little fun if I want to :D

5. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    Most of the hotels that GenCon has reserved are in the downtown area, half a mile to 2 miles from the convention center. However, there will be hotels that are further away than that.

Plus, don't discount the train and the DASH buses, which are quick and convenient and cheap, and which will get you to the c.c. very quickly.

6. Fistofury

Fistofury Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 27, 2002
    I booked my hotel today at the LA Athletic club. A bit expensive, but it's less than a mile from the convention center. The person I spoke with said they are normally in the Housing Board's block of hotels for the convention center but they haven't been notified yet for this event, it's still too early. They said Board normally uses a group of about 10 hotels near the convention center.

I talked to someone at the Holiday Inn last weekend, and they said they were told it will be a few months before the arrangements are made. From they way they talked, they don't know for sure how many rooms will be requested, so once the details have been ironed out they may be able to free up more rooms to anyone calling in on their own for a reservation.

I'm still going to try for a reservation when GenCon opens up their system. I'm hoping to get a room cheaper and closer to the LACC, but I'm going to keep my current reservation as a fallback just in case. I had an easy time getting a hotel room for C2, but got the shaft for C3. It took me 10 hours to get through to the online reservations, and by that time most of the good rooms were gone.

7. lstevens

lstevens Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 31, 2005
    This will be my first time in LA not mentions my very first Star Wars Celebration Convention I was recovering from a major illness when C3 was held in Indy so I'm not sure what to expect. I'm from Southern Indiana and I've flown to Northern California to visit my best friend and attend other cons but as I said this is my first time in LA and Southern California. Since I'm a newbie when it comes to the Star Wars Con can someone help me out as to hotel rooms, cost of the con, guests,autographs, meals,etc ?

8. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    We won't know any of this information until GenCon releases it, probably in September or October. C-III cost $95 to attend. I expect C-IV to be higher.

Meals -- you're on your own for meals.

All the rest, we'll know costs in a few months.

9. Anakinsaprentice

Anakinsaprentice Jedi Youngling

May 27, 2004
    I also booked at the Omni. I wanted to make sure I had a reservation somewhere to be on the safe side. Plus, I stayed at the Omni in Indy for C3 and thought it was a great hotel chain. Clean and safe are the top priorities for me. As for transportation I'm sure they'll have shuttle service available there. If not I'll just take the public transporation. I can hardly wait!

10. miarama

miarama Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 26, 2006
    I'm from the Chicago suburbs and I went to CIII last year. I kept a record of how much my husband and I spent on each category. Hope this helps you:

4 NIGHTS AT THE COURTYARD MARRIOTT, 2 QUEEN BEDS: $314 (ORIGINAL BILL $614, WE HAD ROOMIES.)
    BREAKFAST AT THE HOTEL: $45.
    LUNCH, SNACKS, TRAVEL GOODS: $99.
    2 AUTOGRAPHS: $30.
    3 SHIRTS, VADER FIGURES, SANDTROOPER BUST, STAR CASES: $225.
    GAS, ROUNDTRIP FROM CHICAGO SUBURB TO INDY: $30.
    2 CELEBRATION BADGES: $190.
    SUBWAY SANDWICHES: $50.
    GUESTS: $0. Most of the shows and events were free. Some events you had to pay for but we didn't attend any of those. We watched the SW One Man Show, saw different shows with Jay Legaia, Warwick Davis, Jake Lloyd, the Jedis from ROTS, SW in 30 Minutes, etc...

GRAND TOTAL FOR 2 PEOPLE: $983.

These are my estimates for CIV:

6 NIGHTS AT THE HOLLYWOOD ORCHID SUITES, 4 KING BEDS: $500 including tax. (ORIGINAL BILL $1362, WE'LL HAVE ROOMIES.)
    GROCERIES & TRAVEL GOODS: $100 (The H. Orchid Suites has a full kitchen equipped with utensils.)
    EATING OUT: $100.
    4-DOOR CAR RENTAL, WEEKLY RATE: $235 including tax (Will be reduced if roomies share.)
    2 ROUND TRIP AIRFARE FROM CHICAGO TO L.A.: $500.
    GAS & PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION: $75 (Will be reduced if roomies share.)
    SW GOODIES: $300.
    UNIVERSAL STUDIOS: $150.
    OTHER GOODIES: $200.
    OTHER ENTERTAINMENT: $100.
    2 CELEBRATION BADGES: $300.

GRAND TOTAL FOR 2 PEOPLE: $2,300 - $2,500.

My plan is to save up for $1500, and the rest will be covered by my tax return on April 2007.

11. Amidala081499

Amidala081499 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 13, 2003
    Just wanted to let everyone know that the FIG is still booked up. I tried to make a "fake" reservation today and they said that they do not have any openings at this time. I will keep the treads updated if they do happen to have any vacancies open up.

12. WANNA-BE-JEDI-KNIGHT

WANNA-BE-JEDI-KNIGHT Jedi Master star 3

Feb 4, 2006
    I booked a room at the Omni too as well as the Ramada Inn. I think most of the close hotels are blocked by GenCon. I hate waiting!

13. Grumpy_Jedi

Grumpy_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2006
    Sneaky.. but smart. I was going to call in a few weeks to make sure they still had my reservation.

14. larame_kaine

larame_kaine Jedi Knight star 2

May 17, 2005
    God bless tax returns. =D

15. pwinklespi

pwinklespi Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 30, 2004
    Estime is a little higher for me and the wife.

6 NIGHTS AT THE OMNI, 1 KING BED: $1,400 including tax.
    GROCERIES & TRAVEL GOODS: $100 [/b
    EATING OUT: $400.
    4-DOOR CAR RENTAL, ONE DAY: $80 including tax
    2 ROUND TRIP AIRFARE FROM PHILLY TO L.A.: $700.
    PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION: $100 Cab to and from Airport and convention if shuttle aren't at the Omni which I think they will be.
    SW GOODIES: $300. at least
    UNIVERSAL STUDIOS: $150.
    OTHER GOODIES: $200.
    OTHER ENTERTAINMENT: $100.
    2 CELEBRATION BADGES: $300.

GRAND TOTAL FOR 2 PEOPLE: $3,800 - $4,000.

Yikes! Luckily this is our one and only vacation next year.

16. PatttyB0123

PatttyB0123 Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 2, 2003
    pwinklespi :eek:

Is good that is your only vacation. :) I heard that hotel is very nice. ;)

I can't be in a hotel like that. I have a expense trip to Chile this year.
    This is why I booked in a cheaper hotel in Los Angeles. [face_hypnotized] $69 dollars per night.
    The cheaper hotel is already booked too. :rolleyes:

Still I can cancel anytime. I am still waiting for the Sharen.. so hmmm I might not going to Chile. What a mess is SW doing in my life. :p

17. Grumpy_Jedi

Grumpy_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2006
    Chile isn't going anywhere. Just keep that in mind.

18. princessleia911

princessleia911 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2005
    That's what I told my husband. He was giving me crap about this because he goes on golf trips 2 times a year and they aren't going anywhere in the fall so they can go to Tuscon in the spring. I told him that CIV was once in a lifetime and he could go to stupid Arizona(no offense) anytime and play goofy golf. I don't know if he is going to go with us or not because it doesn't matter to me. I have already booked the hotel and soon the plane tickets.:p

19. Psxjedi76

Psxjedi76 FanForce Chapter Rep star 4 VIP

Apr 2, 2002
    Just a reminder that you can save money and still be close if you book here only 99.99 per night
    Check out the rooms here

Fridge and Microwave to make eating cheaper. here are all the amenities,

Amenities
    ? Clean & comfortable accommodations in two floors with 54 meticulously appointed rooms.
    ? Meeting room with 400 sq. Feet of state-of-the art meeting, event and corporate retreat facilities and services for up to 25-30 people .
    ? Complimentary continental breakfast
    ? FREE T1 High Speed Internet access
    ? FREE local phone calls.
    ? Daily tours from hotel to Universal Studios, Hollywood, Beverly Hills, and other attractions
    ? Family plan, kids 18 and under free in room with parents.
    ? FREE weekday local paper
    ? Complimentary on-site parking
    ? Safety deposit boxes at front desk
    ? Wake up calls
    ? Wireless hot spot in lobby and breakfast room
    ? Rollaway beds available
    ? Fax machine and copy service at front desk
    ? Electronically controlled room access door locks
    ? Non-smoking rooms available
    ? On call airport shuttle service
    ? In room hairdryers
    ? Newly remodeled bathrooms with granite vanity tops
    ? In-room microwave and refrigerator
    ? In-room coffee maker
    ? Cable or satellite television with movie, sports and news channel
    ? Seasonal outdoor swimming pool Click here to see the 8ft pool at the hotel
    ? Elevators
    ? Exterior corridors

Los Angeles Convention Center Hotel - Area Restaurants

? McDonald's 0.1 mi
    ? Korean Restaurant 0.1 mi
    ? Morton's Steakhouse 2.0 mi
    ? Thai Restaurant 0.1 mi
    ? California Pizza Kitchen 2.0 mi
    ? Taylor's Steakhouse 3.0 mi

20. WANNA-BE-JEDI-KNIGHT

WANNA-BE-JEDI-KNIGHT Jedi Master star 3

Feb 4, 2006
    I checked into Guest House Inn and Suite and they didn't have any rooms available.

21. Psxjedi76

Psxjedi76 FanForce Chapter Rep star 4 VIP

Apr 2, 2002
    wow sorry i did not think they would book up already

22. Amidala081499

Sep 13, 2003
    Still no openings at the Fig...all booked up. I keep tring so as to get a room open for someone, but they always tell me the same thing. I do not think any rooms will open up any time soon, but I will keep everyone informed. Anyway, I tried and I hope something comes available.

23. KennethMorgan

KennethMorgan Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 29, 2004
    Yesterday, I booked a room at the Comfort Inn on 7th St. It's fairly close to the Convention Center, the amenities and reviews look OK and the price was right. I was able to book my room with no hassle at all. I'll try and get a closer room when the official site starts offering reservations, but I figure I'm covered if none are available.

Anyone else staying here?

24. Amidala081499

Sep 13, 2003
    Note from VK: I edited this to review e-mail addresses and some of the extraneous "stuff." In essence, Uno is saying the rooms are vey small (only 200 SF).

SEE FIGUEROA BADGE THREAD FOR COMPLETE DETAILS:

Hi,

My family and I are traveling to LA and will be staying in your
    hotel. I was curious about the rooms. I looked on the website and it
    showed what the rooms looked like, but it did not show ours. We are staying
    in a double bedded room and only the queen doubles are shown. Also, is
    there enough room in the room for my kids to play a little, like floor
    space. I really enjoy your decor and it looks to be a very nice hotel.
    I cannot wait to stay there. Oh, one more question, do the rooms have
    refrigerators...my baby will be with us and requires formula, and do
    you have room service? Thank you for answering all my questions, it is
    rather kind of you!!!

Best Reguards,
    Mrs. Anderson

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The room assigned for you is a double/double. Size is 200 square feet only and frankly I think you will be uncomfortable there.
    We are just a little primitive tourist hotel and not as good as some of the other properties downtown.
    Just wanted you to know.

Uno Thimansson
    Figueroa Hotel, 939 S. Figueroa St., Los Angeles CA 90015
    TEL. 213-627-8971 FAX 213-689-0305 EMAIL unofig@aol.com
    http://www.figueroahotel.com

25. ewok78

ewok78 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 20, 2005
    I have already book at the Quality Inn , 2 or 3 blocks from the staples center.
    Room of 4 or 5 !!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.