main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Census Books: What's your Preference?

Discussion in 'Community' started by SithSense, Jul 9, 2019.

?

How do you prefer the written word?

Poll closed Jul 8, 2020.
  1. - Paper

80.4%
  2. - E-Readers (Kindle, Nook, etc.)

17.9%
  3. - Audiobook

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. - Listening to the Audiobook while reading along with the Paper or E-Reader.

1.8%
  1. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I'd probably be more into audiobooks if I commuted since I can't do much reading on a train or if I'm driving. (I can't read at all in a car if someone else is driving.) But since I don't I haven't really gotten into the format.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2019
  2. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Ironically enough, when I commuted to NYC from Long Island for over seven years on the train I did read a physical book on the train. It could've had something to do with the fact that I was working for a book publisher and we hadn't really gotten many significant audiobooks distributed to the masses, but I can't say for sure.

3. TheAdmiral

TheAdmiral Chosen One star 4

Mar 28, 2004
    I am using the three... I read a paper book then move to an e-book and then when I go for a walk listen to an audiobook.

I love paper the most, but in my country they don't import most of the books that I like and to order them online adds a lot with the shipping cost.

I also love old and used books stores.

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  4. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Chosen One star 5

Apr 7, 2000
    Easily paperback. I like to have the physical copy in my hands plus it's better on my eyes

Juliet316 likes this.
  5. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    I bought myself a used Kindle a while back, but I've been way too lazy to figure out how to use it. So...paper books for me.