main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Des Moi, IA books

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by buellsmith, Jul 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. buellsmith

buellsmith Jedi Youngling

Jun 20, 2009
    ok i have been out of the loop in star wars books for a while. so I would love some reccomendations. I kind of stopped reading around the NJO YV invasion. I have all those books but have not read the whole series. I guess thats the top of my list is to finish those.

so anything from then until now is open game. let me know whats good or what to look out for. now that I know people who read star wars books it gives me some motivation to star up again. :)

oh I do try and keep up with the comics. in trade form ( so i am always behind in that too ) but again, if any of you read comics or the new ones i will get motivated again..

oh i guess i have listened to the audio books of the force unleashed and a clone wars book, but i cant remember the name of the clone wars book, it describes things that happen off camera from the new clone wars animated series.

Justin

2. hothie

hothie Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 12, 2004
    We and Melissa both have full collections of Star Wars books, so you've got good company here. Where to start? Guh. Finishing the NJO is a good start. Skip the Swarm Wars (seriously...bad stuff from Denning...) then maybe go into the Legacy book series. That is, if you can stand KT, which many of us here can't. I guess it all kinda depends on the era that you want to read.

3. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    I liked the NJO, Legacy, and the new Fate of the Jedi stuff. The X-Wing books are a lot of fun. Pretty much written by Aaron Allston is awesome, Troy Denning's stuff is good too expect for the Swarm Wars (but it's still important). I couldn't finish the Force Unleashed, but that might be because I played the game and the story was a huge repeat. I won't touch anything else by Karen Traviss, aside from her books in Legacy. IMO her PT era stuff is awful and very preachy. Plus I hate her favorite faction.

The Legacy comics are good, as are KOTOR. Invasion looks promising. I'm going to work on Empire soon (finally got the last one of those) and try to find the rest of the X-Wing/Rogue Squadron comics I'm missing. Those are a lot of fun.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.