main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rogue One Bor Gullet the mind reading octopus

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by Edrio Two Tubes, Dec 20, 2016.

1. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Bor Gullet’s just an excellent actor, that’s all. A multiple award-winner in the GFFAs.

2. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    Another thing is that Saw calls him Bor gullet despots the fact that that's his species. I find that weird.

"Bor gullet! Bor Gullet can feel your thoughts, No lie is safe! What have you really brought me, cargo pilot? Bor Gullet will know the truth! The unfortunate side effect, is that one tends to lose one’s mind."

Who talks like that? That's be calling a cat "cat." Imagine someone talks like this when you're over at their place and they introduce the cat:

"Cat! Cat can purr! No lap is safe! Cat will sit on you! The unfortunate side effect is, one tends to get fur on one's pants."

On second thought, this is exactly how I will talk the next time I'm having someone over.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2018
  3. FiveFireRings

FiveFireRings Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2017
    Ponda Baba and Dr. Evazan picked BG up on their way out... all according to plan.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  4. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    The big question I have about Saw and Bor Gullet's relationship, is just how exactly did Saw become so intimately familiar with Bor's mind reading methods? Why does he feel so strongly about Bor Gullet? I have to think Saw and Bor spent quite a lot of alone time together in the past. It's the only way it makes sense for Saw to have such devotion to Bor Gullet and for them to maintain such a close relationship with one another.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2018
    BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  5. Count Yubnub

Oct 1, 2012
    And to think, people complained about Lando and L3...

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  6. Bor Gullet

Bor Gullet Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 8, 2018
    It was I who helped Saw see through the lies and deceptions of the Republic, and the Empire after it.

I also know what's going to happen in Episode IX, but people I tell tend to....lose their minds...

7. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Consider this question too closely, and one tends to lose one’s lunch.

Watcherwithin, EHT, BigAl6ft6 and 5 others like this.
  8. Siphonophore

Siphonophore Chosen One star 4

Nov 13, 2003
    Big shot Gullet, putting together a crew.

9. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    Saw and Bor?
    Oh, it works.

10. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Do people know to even try lies and deceptions around Saw or do they know they're in for a visit with Bor Gullet or is Bor Gullet a nasty surprise? Like Bohdi didn't know but how was he supposed to know anyway?

Count Yubnub likes this.
  11. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    When Saw looks up at his crew holding Bodhi as a prisoner and says "Bor Gullet!" and then looks towards the direction of where I assume Bor Gullet is held, there is an automatic reaction there from the crew knowing exactly what that means. I would imagine that Saw has frequently made examples out of those who have undergone Bor Gullet's mind reading and that Saw makes it no secret in showing the occupants of his hangout what could happen to them if they cross him.

Not only that, but based on something I've insinuated in previous posts, I would also expect that the occupants of Saw's hangout understand the bond that exists between Saw and Bor, and they know not to go messing with Bor without fearing the wrath of Saw in response.

In addition to Saw's own retribution, some of those guys are criminals and runaways themselves. Saw likely has a lot of dirt on them and could easily turn them over to the Empire or to whoever might be looking for them.

Bor Mullet and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  12. Ricardo Funes

Ricardo Funes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    This thread is filled up with lies and deceptions. I suppose you know what this means for you....

13. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Though I’m not a fan of his haircut, I think Bor Gullet is one of the best actors in the franchise.

Count Yubnub likes this.
  14. Count Yubnub

Oct 1, 2012
    So, in the latest issue of "Doctor Aphra," there's another member of this species that is used to torture Aphra called Bor Ifriem. ("Ifriem," geddit? As in, "I-fry-'em." Geddit? GEDDIT? Sigh.) Aphra gets out by telling a half-truth--a "lie by omission"--so either Bor Ifriem jus isn't as good a lie detector as Bor Gullet, or Saw vastly overstates the usefulness of Bor Gullet when he claims that no lie is safe.

More importantly, we now know that members of this species are called "Bor something" (assuming we can generalize from N=2). So would "bor" be the species name? And would that be calling your cat "Cat something" and your dog "Dog something"? "Here are my dog, Dog Rover, and my two cats, Cat Fluffy and Cat Mandu."

15. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    Maybe "Bor" is the equivalent to the title of "Darth" in front of a name, for those who truly rise to obtain such a title.

CampOfSorgan and Count Yubnub like this.
  16. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    "I learned much from you once, but now I am the Master."
    "Only a master of half-truths, Bor."

17. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Bor Ifriem is pants . Only Bor Mullet has achieved true greatness.

LedReader and Count Yubnub like this.
  18. Bor Gullet

Feb 8, 2018
    Bor Gullet.

19. Count Yubnub

Oct 1, 2012
    DECEPTIONS! LIES!

Bor Mullet likes this.
  20. Bor Gullet

Feb 8, 2018
    There is no problem with Bor Gullet and Bor Ifriem being referred to as their race in the first word of their names.

We've been doing it for years in the reverse sense with Jabba, Durga, Ziro and all of the other Hutts.

21. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    Maybe the Bor's get hold of whoever they come into contact with at first and tell them to say their name until the person gets it right. And so begins the legend of Bor ______.

22. Count Yubnub

Oct 1, 2012
    Things apparently get more complex in the latest issue of Doctor Aphra; Bor Ifriem is referred to as "the interrogation Bor." So, indeed, we can assume that Bor is the species name (unless it's a title like Darth).

But referring to a Bor as "the interrogation Bor" means that there are also other Bors, right? Otherwise it would be double (a pleonasm--like "a feline cat," and so on). So what other types of Bor could there be? "Here's Bor Iwashem, the dishwashing Bor." So many questions...

BigAl6ft6 and Bor Mullet like this.
  23. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Bor Plumber never shows up on time.

24. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    "You're going to need a new sink installed."
    "LIES! DECEPTIONS!"

25. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10