main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Bounty Hunters Needed: The Reboot

Discussion in 'FanForce Community' started by Jedi Gunny, Jul 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v665/gabufic/BHN-Wanted.jpg]

Welcome to Corusant and to our brief information about a criminal subject we want to get back ? alive or dead, but within one piece.

You might have seen this announcement a few times already. *points at announcement above*
    We ? the Empire ? are in need of some people, especially bounty hunters, who are brave and skilled enough to get this escaped criminal subject. It won?t be a safe hunt, because this dangerous subject is in contact with the rebels and we learned that he even got two thermal detonators, which he will position at some more or less strategic points during his useless and unsuccessful run. But that stuff shouldn?t prevent your participation as a loyal servant of the Empire.

[crowd] YES!![/crowd]

Good! Well, we got some few information about this criminal subject. It?s a person called xxx and the great Empire found out through its genius that the subject will only use some planets of certain sectors and regions as a hiding. But there are still enough places to hide. Your job is to find the criminal subject and bring it to us ? alive or dead doesn?t matter. He just needs to be in one piece.

Any questions? No? Then, here?s a map to all possible planets. If we get new information about the subject, we might contact you later. So keep your comlinks open.

Remember you can use only the marked routes. All other routes are unsafe and not recommended. Some more details about this hunt can be found in this document ? for those of you who can read, the rest will find out by try & error or just? luck.

You all get enough money to visit 20 planets, so we expect you to get him as fast as possible. You see, we trust in your hunting abilities.

We also learned that the rebels and other non-imperial forces started to train new spies. So if you sympathize with those scum, you?re welcome to leave and join them by contacting this rebel scum. But don?t think you can hide. We?ll get you, no matter where you hide or how many people you pay. You?ll make it even easier for us, if you contact that scum. Then we know that you?re not one of us.

And for those who stay?

You?ll get the usual credits.

Now, go and do your work!

2. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Yep, this is a game and you can find all information here.

Please, send me a PM or post here, if you?re interested in taking the position of the ?criminal subject? (aka rebel or rebellion-sympathising person). If there?s more than one person interested then this position will be chosen by lot.

The Game Rules

What?s this? It?s the rebooted edition of a game called ?Bounty Hunters Needed? and it?s based on the Scotland Yard Board game.

The game rules are easy. One of you will be the ?criminal subject? (aka rebel or rebellion-sympathising person) and start at a point of the SW universe of her/his choice. If you want, you can create a new sock (I?ll add that name to the description) and posts with it. All persons who want to catch the ?criminal subject? start at Corusant and do the first move. The ?criminal subject? will show its place after every third move, so you all get a direction where to look for him.

Of course, we need many Bounty Hunters but also one Rebel or Rebellion-sympathising Person. So send a PM to me (JediMasterAmanda) or post in the thread, if you?re interested in being this hunted Rebel. If you want (especially if your username says ?sith-fan?), we can create a new ?identity? (aka sock) and talk about the slightly different rules for you.

The SW universe is reduced to a few regions, sectors and planets and you can move between them from certain points. The moving between planets might be the most difficult part in the beginning, although its system is simple as well. That?s why I take up a bit more space for the description of it.

Let?s say we have the following planets:

The first part (a to q) is sector 1 and the following is sector 2.

Now you can jump from planet to planet as you want to ? as long as it?s the planet next to the one at which you are and it must be in the same sector. Say you?re on planet F, you can go only to planets A, B, C, E, G, J, K and L. There?s no way to go directly to other planets than the ones listed. In the case you choose A to visit, there are only three planets for your next move: B, E and F.
    If you get onto a turquoise planet like G, you can decide if you go to a planet next to it or to change the sector and go to any other turquoise planet (e.g. W). You can?t go to P, because it?s in the same sector. The same goes for planets with violet background, but it?s not the sector you can change, you can do a hyperjump to another region (planet with violet backgrounds again of course). So you can go from N to ZA.

Of course, you can move between planets whenever you want. So it?s possible to be on P and move to O for example.

Don?t worry if it sounds confusing. I will keep an eye on the moves and help you, if you pick the wrong planet.

At the beginning of the game there will be revealed so many sectors revealed that the 'criminal subject' could be hiding in. The number of sectors revealed will be decided by how many players there are.

All players post their move within 24h. The 'Criminal Subject' PM's me his/her move within these same 24 hrs. After three moves they reveal two sectors that they could be in and then after another three they reveal their exact planet. This goes on until either the ?criminal subject? is caught by one or more players being on the same planet like the ?criminal subject? at the same time or all players have done 20 moves without getting him/her.

He/she is also allowed to place two thermal detonators at two different planets on which he has been before. I hope you won?t hit those. The thermal detonator will just eliminate the player, not the planet.

The 'criminal subject will be given two 'double move' cards, allowing them to move two times in one turn two times during the game. Remember, this can only happen twice, no more than that, but you don't have to use both.

If the 'criminal subject' moves to a planet that has a bounty hunter on it, they ar

3. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Oh come on, I know you guys want to play. :D

4. wedge41388

wedge41388 Jedi Padawan star 3

Apr 15, 2010
    i'm game

1. wedge41388

5. starkiller121

starkiller121 Jedi Youngling

Oct 6, 2010
    Am in!!

1. wedge41388
    2. starkiller121

6. Morgaine

Morgaine Ex-Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 2001
    Oh well, I suppose I might as well play this too, since I had to familiarize myself with the rules anyway. :D

1. wedge41388
    2. starkiller121
    3. Morgaine

7. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Anyone? It's not as complicated as it might look. So everyone who's interested should join! :D

And Gunny, you wanted to update your posts above. When will you send me the updated version, so I can edit it in? :)

8. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Gunny? :confused:

9. Mister_Master

Mister_Master Jedi Master star 6

Oct 17, 2007
    Gunny has been really busy with College. He hasn't been able to get on much.

10. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    I'm out on Break now. :D Reason I hadn't gotten back was partially because I forgot, partially because no one was signing up. Guess I'm a bad game host. [face_blush]

11. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Due to some issues I've had with the game, I am hereby stepping down as the Host of the game. Hope the next person does a better job than I did. [face_blush]

12. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    It's sad to see this game having such an heavy start. I really think it could be a lot of fun.

So if anyone is interested in promoting and hosting this game, you're welcome to send me a PM. Even a test-gaming is possible. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.