main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Brace for re-entry to real life.

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Sithman, Apr 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Samantha

Jedi_Samantha Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 15, 2002
    Uggghhhh

thats all i have to say.

I am sick as a dog now... i have pnemonia and stuff... ughhhhh...

Anyone else have the sore throat/no voice/coughing thing?

2. Schoolgirl_Bounty

Schoolgirl_Bounty Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 25, 2005
    I was quoted on the news, saying that C3 was ?like a family reunioun of people you have never met?
    I made so many friends over those four days, and I hope to have lasting connections.
    Mace, Han, Luke, Lily, Troop, Blingo, I miss you all!

It usually went like this for me? Get up, take a shower, get into costume, drive to the convention, get inside, meet up with my friends, pose for pictures, go out to lunch with friends, walk around the dealer?s room? Gods, I miss it.

Now its Get up, take a shower, get dressed, go to school, go to work, come home, get on the computer, talk on the phone, go to sleep.
    It all just seems really strange, not having to stop for pictures every two minutes?

3. royalguard96

royalguard96 Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 13, 2001
    You guys have all expressed it. It's almost 11 a.m. Tuesday and I am just now coming to terms with not being there anymore.

The worst day at a Star Wars Celebration is 100 times better than most "real life" days.

It was like going to the ultimate fantasy land, and suddently realizing it's gone in a puff of already-dissapating smoke.

As long as those hours in line seemed, the whole weekend seems like it was here and gone in a flash now. We are going thru Post-Celebration Depression. PCD.

It sucks :(

4. Rebel_Spook

Rebel_Spook Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2002
    Not feeling too physically ill yet, though I think if I don't watch out, it'll set in fast!

This has been a bummer 2 days since C3 ended. Oh, but today I have the excitement of having guys trying onc again to keep water from seeping through the bricks in my basement! I bet everyone's jealous!

I must say that my C3 feeling extended until 1 AM Eastern Time, as there was a guy on the same flight schedule and we talked during the wait for the 2 flights! It seemed a lot like C3, standing/sitting in a line talking SW!

5. Jedi_Samantha

Feb 15, 2002
    Love my boss... I dont have to go back to work today. I can spend the day inside coughing my lungs up and resting.

6. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    Hmmm. I woke up today feeling a bit better and slightly less depressed than yesterday. Hopefully the meloncholy will wear off soon enough and I will be left with only the happy memories of what I experienced.

Yesterday I stayed in my room pretty much the entire day, surfing this forum and playing my Star Wars soundtracks.

7. Lufta Shif

Lufta Shif Jedi Master star 2

May 31, 2000

I do. It was bad enough to call in sick today.

I am so depressed! I have never had such a good time in my life. C3 surpassed my expectations! I am so bummed out that I cannot unpack or even open the door to my SW themed guest room.

I tried to put on a soundtrack to cheer me up but it made me feel worse. It is almost like I have to force myself to stop thinking about SW and our wonderful Celebration or I will go insane!

8. Schoolgirl_Bounty

Schoolgirl_Bounty Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 25, 2005
    Heh... I'm spreading the C3 love (AKA, the sickness that seems to be going around)

I work at a Dairy Queen...

heh heh heh...

Just an obscure way of following through with Order 66...

9. Jedi_Samantha

Feb 15, 2002
    I do. It was bad enough to call in sick today.

Yeah, my boss was nice enough to give me one more day off. Not that I can afford it -- but you know what -- I would rather not go to work because i have stuff i have to do today like buy food, cough, buy new sneakers, cough some more, and write a paper thats due tomorrow. Ughhh....

10. NaboosPrincess

NaboosPrincess Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 14, 2001

Yes! I thought it was some freak thing since sometimes I do get sick right around the end of the semester with final exams and all. But it was probably from standing out in that bad weather. Next time I'm going to wear five layers every day.

11. Rebel_Spook

Rebel_Spook Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2002
    Oy! There is no way that I would be able to handle classes this week if I was still in college, as it is, it is hard enough to focus on trying to do housework, pay bills, watch my daughter, and try to schedule job interviews.

12. MrRebel360

MrRebel360 Jedi Youngling

Apr 24, 2005
    I know what all of you are experiencing. I got back to Purdue University Sunday night and had a exam and a project to do. I didnt do them until Monday morning at 6am. I just wanted to sit back and think about all the fun I had the past several days. Now I have another project and 2 papers due, ugh I would rather be at the Convention Center......

13. Jedi_Samantha

Feb 15, 2002
    Yeah well we can all send Gen Con our doctors bills :p

14. royalguard96

royalguard96 Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 13, 2001
    I hope you get feeling better soon, Samantha!

I also feel slightly less depressed today. I forced myself to go into work, where our Governor came by for a visit. I am now watching ESB, using it as therapy!

I do not remember this kind of post-Celebration euphoria/sadness after C2. And so many people are experiencing it....it's actually very cool in a way. In a world with so many petty differences and disputes, something like this can be such a positive, shared experience. It's beautiful.

15. eddie-wan-kenobi

eddie-wan-kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 14, 2003
    I am WAY down this morning. Am glad to see my wife and kids, but I am really getting depressed as the day goes on. I met several of you and am really gonna miss passing you in the halls and giving a shout out. Became VERY close to several of the actors and actresses and it saddens the hell out of me that, though I'm sure we will stay in touch, I may never get to actually see them again, especially one in particular. :(

16. lovelucas

lovelucas Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2004
    i got 'em both bad - the coughing, hacking fallout from standing in line at 4:00 a.m. in the rain, snow, gen con induced laryingitis and the BLUES-big time. i may call in sick tomorrow but had to catch up with work today. got home yesterday & the 1st thing i did (still not unpacked) was get on the boards. sithman and others - you all nailed my feelings exactly. such a sense of belonging and sharing with the star wars family. a squadron of stormtroopers always seemed normal in indy - i crossed over to the mall and was startled to see regular people reacting to "normal" star wars costumes. i was one of those who stayed until sunday p.m. - j.v. rinzler's session got started late due to power point problems but he was sooo worth staying late. really relaxed, informative, funny and answered any and all questions. had some funny slides - micky mouse in the younglings' revealing photo (horizontal), stories about how ewan kept losing high light saber! it would fly out of his hands. george had the prop guys make a light saber with a bend in it and shot footage where ewan loses the saber and it ends up going "through" a crew members head or other body part. just great stuff. i hate getting back to real life where no one, and i mean no one, knows the difference between padme and shmi, or anakin and count dooku - that's how desperate things are. although we can never repeat this celebration b4 the release of a star wars movie, there would seem to be a market out there for an annual gathering - but if george is ready to move on don't know if that can be in the future plans. - - - -
    still................

17. Skywalk272

Skywalk272 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 16, 2000
    wow im glad i didnt get sick...

18. Connemara

Connemara Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 18, 2000
    I'm not really sick. I'm a little under the weather but I think it's the oak pollen. Always gets me this time of year.

But ugggh, I *did* cry when I left C3. I'm over the whole crying thing now, but I was uber depressed when I woke up this morning in my own bed and not in Indy!!

19. italianstallion345

italianstallion345 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 20, 2004
    i am glad to see i am not alone in my sadness.The first day back absolutly nobody could relate to my great stories. All i could do was look at the autographs, develop my pictures, and watch the little video/news footage i have/taped. I havent even been able to watch a movie yet. I really think the 'reunion of strangers' quote sums it up yet i also loved a quote i heard about gencon not being able to get a one bottle milk run done right. Now i have finally resorted myself to these forums but today it was nice to hear stuff about the tv show. Anyone still wearing their wristbands?

20. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    A wise person once said of a convention,

There are no strangers here, only freinds you have yet to meet...

Thanks everyone for a magical week... [face_love]

21. Go-Mer-Tonic

Go-Mer-Tonic Jedi Youngling star 6

Aug 22, 1999
    I have the coughing, sore throat thing.

I was also in the rainy lines with no rain gear.

I think the real culprit is the coming together of people from all over the world.

22. TheTempest

TheTempest Jedi Youngling

Mar 14, 2005
    So..... depressed......

Wishing I would have video taped more of just about anything. Infact I wish I would have just left an audio recorder on in my pocket for all 4 days. And Then just listen to it, maybe that would ease the depression.

23. Go-Mer-Tonic

Go-Mer-Tonic Jedi Youngling star 6

Aug 22, 1999
    Come on guys, this celebration is only the beginning.

They will keep having these as long as we want to come to them. After almost 30 years, are any of you really worried about that?

When we all get back together, they will be showing all 6 films, and the enitrety of the Clone Wars cartoons after each day.

Because there will be no new movie, the lines will be more reasonable, and the people who still show up will be the really dedicated fans.

It's obvious that for some of the actors of SW, they love us as much as we love them.

Star Wars is Forever!

24. Earwen_Lightrider

Earwen_Lightrider Former RSA & Spokantina CR star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2004
    *sighs*

I miss turning around to see Stormtroopers, hear Wookie growls, and posing for pics. The weekend was a blast!

25. PatttyB0123

PatttyB0123 Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 2, 2003
    I have to go back work by the 28, so is not too bad yep. I have one more day to re-enter to real life.

I did not get sick but some of my old friends were becuase the cold weather. :(

I made new friends in Denver when we got stuck by a storm. We spent the whole night playing and watching Star Wars movies until 6AM. The whole plane was call the Star Wars fun club after be 5 hours in the plain :_| Later we spent from 1AM to 6 AM in the airport playing little more and sharing some snacks like a fan lub. We were like 20 fans.;)

The good part we were able to get(some) tickets to Indianapolis in a earlier flights. I saw my new friends in the convention. :)

Hmm reality is going to knock me down the 28. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.