main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Brace for re-entry to real life.

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Sithman, Apr 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eddie-wan-kenobi

eddie-wan-kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 14, 2003
    Talk about a cruel return to reality. Got home and after a couple of days my wife drops the bomb on me that she wants to seperate. :( I knew we had problems, but I didnt see this coming. Well, maybe I did, but I just didnt want to face it. So in just a matter of days, I went from the most glorious time I have ever had to the darkest times. I have two small children and its going to be a struggle for all of us to get use to a new routine. Luckily, I have a great group of friends in my Fan Force and they have already lent me ears to listen and shoulders to cry on. Plus, whenever I am feeling down, I look at my pics from C3 and I feel better. :)

2. Connemara

Connemara Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 18, 2000
    Wow that sucks!! Yeah, I'm still a little down. Not like I was before, but I'm frustrated by the fact all my JC friends are so spread out as well. It never bothered me that much before C3, because it's how it's always been, I'd never met any of them before. But now that I have and we had those four days of hanging out together and stuff, it's hard to go back. It's like moving away from all your friends sort of...except in reverse...lol.

3. Cliodna_ben_Lhee

Cliodna_ben_Lhee Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2003
    I so know what you all mean!
    Luckily I have my friends Breezy and dragonmar to talk to at our once a month meetings and other events we do, otherwise, I?d have no real people to talk to about my love of star Wars with. (well, my kids like it almost as much as I do, but kids usually want to spend time with their friends, not their old mom)

What really gets to me is how some of my non-fan friends actually ask me about the convention and then when I start telling them about it, they get bored and try and change the subject! I mean, if you really don?t wanna know, don?t ask, jeesh

It was neat how despite the crowding, the lines and the general chaos, nearly everyone still had a good attitude and were pleasant, kind and friendly to each other even though we were strangers.

I know if I had bumped into as many people (usually with my totebag against whatever they were using to tote their stuff in) in, say, my local mall as I did at the con, I would have gotten some nasty looks and comments from the general public, but there in Indy, we just looked at each other and laughed, or someone said excuse me and the other person smiled and said, ?that?s okay?. They understood that in such a crush of people it was inevitable that people would end up crashing into each other

4. sithlard

sithlard Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 13, 2004
    Aside from the speeding ticket I received about a half hour's drive away from Indy going home, I had another real life re-entry yesterday. I'm taking a "Flash Game" class where we, well, design video games with Flash software. I was almost done with mine, and somehow when I went to save it, it crapped out on me and gave me an error. The file was completely obliterated. So I can't finish the game I was making for my final project! At least it retained the video game file itself (Flash saves a modifiable file, and a non-modifiable file), well at least what I had done up to that point. But still, that sucked.

Real life after CIII sucks, man.

5. OldjediMasterYoda

OldjediMasterYoda Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 20, 2005

Thats a great point, here is one extreme for you. I find that when something nasty happens a dirty look or someone in a store laughs at all the Star Wars stuff, I think no one at CIII would have done that, CIII is now the benchmark of niceness LOL

6. Baldwyn_Fett

Baldwyn_Fett Jedi Youngling

Apr 28, 2005
    I've steadily been moving action figures, and props and stuff into my cubicle at work for the upcoming movie. No one gets it! :( Well, not entirely true, after regalling a co-worker on CIII he's decided to head to Las Vegas for some big Star Trek Con. I cannot seem to impress upon him how geeky that is :)

7. -E-

-E- Jedi Master star 3

Sep 1, 2003
    I'm with OldjediMasterYoda and Baldwyn_Fett; I've gotten the urge to more outwardly embrace my nerd obsession than I used to. Now that I've seen outright how many people share the love, I'm not too shy to, say, wear my ROTS bracelet.
    I always wanted something with the Madalorian deathhead or Imperial logo on it so the fans would come up to me - everyone else just thinks they're corperate designs. I like bringing the closeteds out of the woodwork :) .

8. Baldwyn_Fett

Baldwyn_Fett Jedi Youngling

Apr 28, 2005
    Yeah, heck I'm wearing my Lego Star Wars t-shirt today for May the 4th :) Some people think I'm acting 12. I think I'm just over brimming with boyish charm.

I have a Mandolarian Death Head tattoo from just before Celebration I. It's great, people think it's cool, evil looking, and then if they ask they find out at the centre of all this cool that is me is a geek.

Oddly, I got my second tattoo (unrelated to SW) just before CII, and my third (still unrelated) 7 months before CIII.

Baldwyn

9. Cliodna_ben_Lhee

Cliodna_ben_Lhee Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2003
    Heh-heh @ ?embrace my nerd obsession?. I heartily concur with that! Friday is casual day here at work so I started wearing my Star Wars T shirt with jeans to work every Friday! Well, only 1 Friday so far, but I am going to do it every Friday from now on (with a few Doctor Who T?s thrown in now and then)

As to bringing in my toys, not a chance, someone has been stealing peoples stuff off of their desks at night, I don?t want to lose any of my toys, LOL. I already have my Darth Vader/Yoda cube fast food toy I got back during the re-release of ESB back in the 90?s. But I have an extra one of those hidden away

10. eddie-wan-kenobi

eddie-wan-kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 14, 2003
    Cool, Baldwyn. Me, JediRiff, and FettFan5150 all got new tats done while AT C3. Fett got Daniel Logan's sig tattooed over his Mandalorian symbol just on the other side of Jerremy Bulloch's. Daniel was really blown away by that. Riff and I got Imperial symbols.

11. -E-

-E- Jedi Master star 3

Sep 1, 2003
    *Wants a cool SW tatoo* :(

I think I shall investigate henna for now.

12. BellaSabrina

BellaSabrina Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 13, 2002
    I have to admit, that I was extremely sad to leave. I knew that it would be the last time in awhile that I'd get to see some of my friends, and that I actually have to return to real life.

Since I've been back, I've only been back to work for three days (cousins wedding and other instances). But, I'm still having to deal with things now that were on the back burner at CIII.

Being grown-up stinks sometimes.

13. KOB

KOB Jedi Youngling star 4

Aug 22, 2004
    *Wants a cool SW tatoo*

At least you have connection... ;)

14. bobafett25

bobafett25 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 19, 1998
    It's been hard getting back to work after C3. I have been on these boards a little too much at times (not a bad thing at all). I have a countdown clock on my computer at work that ticks away showing how long until ROTS hits theaters...tick..tick...tick. :)
    I have also been wearing all my SW gear to work (T-Shirts, hats, etc) and people ask, how many of those things did you buy? ;)
    I also broke down and started reading the ROTS novelization by Stover and I am just about done. I am on a SW high right now and don't want it to stop.
    All in all, it's been pretty hard to re-adjust, but I am sure after the movie comes out, I 'might' be back to 'normal'. :D

15. Connemara

Connemara Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 18, 2000
    Yeah theres just something about the atmosphere at C3 that just isn't like that anywhere else. With my huge backpack and all, I kept slamming it into people, by accident of course, but still, if it had been somewhere else I woudln't have been surprised if some people had hit back, but at C3, no one even minded!

And everyone there is so accepting of everyone else. Yeah, they might tease about things (like my passionate obsession with Starbucks), but I never really felt rejected or looked down on for anything I did.

Whereas, in contrast, I come home and my friend asks to see my C3 pics at this youth event I'm at, right? This is at a church youth group. And I'm showing her my pics, and I have people coming by asking what the pics are, and the responses were all rude when I told them. "Wow, Star wars is so stupid." "Oh my gosh, why would you care about THAT?" "geez, they HAVE those conventions? Oh my god" "oh, I'm not in any of the pics, nevermind".

You know I think if Star Was rs fans ruled the world, we might actually achieve world peace. :p

16. OldjediMasterYoda

OldjediMasterYoda Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 20, 2005
    You all rock sooooooooooooooooooooo much,

The good will that spills over from everything Star Wars is so great, I agree about bringing the closeted people out, they know they wanna come out and play but they have that people will think Im a dork thing going on, after CIII who cares ?? If people feel the need to give me crap for being a Star Wars dork and proud of it so be it !! We all know what the real deal is and we are never more than a website away or the next celebration con etc from affirmation of how awesome we all are ( tear in my eye )

:D

17. liannb

liannb Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 30, 2002
    still missing CIII, we didn't get home till thursday and i had guests till sunday so didn't have to face the lonliness till then. thankfully our fanforce is a having games night tonight so i can see everyone. its very hard to go from being being with a great group of people 24/7 to having no one around. our fanforce group really bonded though and are so close now, CIII was such a blast, best vacation i've ever had, i never could have imagined how great it was, we all miss steak and shake

18. jellicle_jedi73

jellicle_jedi73 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2005
    i had to leave my best friend behind as she lives in a different province than me. So i was twice heartbroken...Hi Yiannasan...

i guess because i live in and area with an arts college people are more used to originality. We don't really get a hard time. Also we don't really get in trouble for bumping people...usually both parties apologise.

It's too hard to be alone and miss my edmonton friends though. I have never had such a hard con-comedown. NASTY.

19. liannb

liannb Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 30, 2002
    aaaaawwwwww i miss you too :_|

20. buzz57

buzz57 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 15, 2002
    We are all die hard Star Wars fans, we will overcome this small obstacle and push on to the next great event, whatever that might be. We've got this forum to communicate to our fellow star wars buddies just in case of a letdown. Loyal Star Wars fans will be here forever.

21. jellicle_jedi73

jellicle_jedi73 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2005
    too true, dude, too true.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.