main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Brag About Your Car Here

Discussion in 'Community' started by Sarge, Nov 11, 2016.

1. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Whenever I saw one of those H2s on the road, I always joked that it got lost on its way to Afghanistan.

2. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    I had a sports model Focus before the GTI; it's made and designed in Germany. As I understand it, Ford USA only survives making ridiculous vehicles like the F-series trucks. For everything a normal family needs - fuel economy, build quality, aesthetics, features - there's no point where the European cars (or even Japanese) are outclassed by American cars. For the muscle car - the idea of putting white collar power into a blue collar car - then even Australia couldn't compete with the Americans. But that's a niche market relative to total sales.

3. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Went to a local car show today. Among the traditional vintage cars and modded contemporary ones was this contrast of Ford's history; the Mustang and the infamous Edsel.

[​IMG]

4. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    0-60 mph in 5.4 seconds today. That's .1 faster than my best time last year. I credit the new lightweight brake rotors.

5. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    That a '66 Fastback Mustang behind it? I went out with a guy in high school for awhile who drove a red one.

6. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    New brake rotors, drilled and slotted.

[​IMG]

Leather wrap steering wheel. Not bad work, for an amateur who's never done this before.

[​IMG]

VadersLaMent and Juliet316 like this.
  7. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    At the car show yesterday I took a picture inside one of the modded Challengers. I love this stick this guy put in to replace his original part. I'm pretty sure he was a vet.

[​IMG]

8. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    So much plastic and pleather.

9. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    The car looks great on the outside as well. I have a silver one, but black really makes it stand out.

[​IMG]

Master_Rebado and Juliet316 like this.
  10. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    I don't know; black is only pretty once it's freshly cleaned. I'm also not a fan of this boring trend for white/grey/silver/black cars. The Tiguan R-Line only comes in those so I'll be stuck with white (when I get a boring family car with a 0-100 time of 6.5) probably until we get a house with 2 car garage and I can get a red TT or GTI.

That's why I like Sarge's car. It's an actual colour.

@Sarge, have you seen this?

[​IMG]
    You can get a proper GT steering wheel for Mustang. As a GT wheel driver myself, you should. Not that your legs are at risk of brushing the wheel; it just looks better.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2018
    Sarge likes this.
  11. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Black, silver, and white aren't actual colors? ok.

12. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    They're not. They're shades. This is not controversial; ROYGBIV doesn't include them does it?

I'm talking about having a red car, a yellow one, blue, green, violet, orange etc.

13. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    @Ender Sai, I looked at that steering wheel a few months ago and thought about it, but I'm not sure I'd like it and I'm not going to spend $350 to find out. Maybe someday if I've run out of new parts to spend money on, but not for a while.

14. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    What specifically are you concerned about not liking? I have one, though this isn't me in the photo lol:

[​IMG]

The squared off bottom is designed to replicate GT cars. The theory being it won't rub against legs as you're cornering, but you also don't sit in the Mustang like you do in the GTI so it'd just be aesthetic. Or, more awesome.

15. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    I'm just not enthused about the way it looks. It's not round like a classic steering wheel, and it's not a control yoke either, more like the misbegotten love child of wheel and yoke, neither fish nor fowl. It looks like it has good ergonomics which is why it caught my interest, but I'm happy with the ergonomics of my plain round wheel.

16. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Oh ok. It's a racing wheel, that's all. :D The squared off bottom has 2 benefits; in endurance racing, it makes getting a driver out quicker by not impeding driver legs. It also means when you consider the sitting position for racing, it means you avoid contact with the legs/knees as you turn it.

17. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Put in a Go Faster Bits DV+ diverter valve today. It's supposed to make the turbo a little smoother by having a spring-loaded piston which modulates the excess turbo pressure gradually, unlike the original valve which is binary open or closed. Easy installation, only took about 15 minutes, even with my aftermarket cold air inlet getting in the way. Haven't wrung it out yet, just a quick trip around the block to make sure it runs and didn't flash any warnings.

Master_Rebado and Ender Sai like this.
  18. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    The owner of this Mustang picked the wrong place to park. I wonder if his/her insurance covers that?

19. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    A good body shop will buff that out. o_O

Juliet316 and Ahsoka's Tano like this.
  20. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Blanketed the turbo and put in an aftermarket internal wastegate actuator with a 7 psi spring. I thought about the 10 psi spring, but that probably wouldn't do much good without a custom tune, and I'm not ready for that yet.

Master_Rebado and Juliet316 like this.
  21. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    I just thought of the toxic fumes from all that melted plastic.

22. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    More shiny! Chrome window trim and door handles went on today. I love the way the window trim coordinates with my quarter window accent decals.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Finally got a decent pic of the interior, which is still coming together.

[​IMG]

23. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    A little more work on the interior.

[​IMG]

24. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Bass Boat Blue rim stripes. That's got to be the ultimate redneck name for a shade of blue.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

25. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Chrome trim on the mirrors.

[​IMG]