main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Brag About Your Car Here

Discussion in 'Community' started by Sarge, Nov 11, 2016.

1. Ezio Skywalker

Ezio Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2013
    Did you not like the black accents and black rims? Both versions have a certain appeal. I myself drive a blue vehicle with black accents and black rims.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Juliet316 likes this.
  2. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    @Ezio Skywalker , no, never have been much of a fan of black. Silver and chrome are much better looking to my eyes. To each their own. That's why not every car looks the same, that would be boring.

Ezio Skywalker likes this.
  3. Ezio Skywalker

Jan 29, 2013
    Admittedly, it took some time for black accents to grow on me. A few years ago, my friend had a red Camaro with black rims, and I just didn't understand the appeal. The black made it look like the factory wasn't finished with the vehicle. At the time, I really enjoyed the look of my own deep red SUV with silvery white rims and chrome accents. It was a very shiny vehicle and easy on the eyes.

I'd never been into the black accents until I came upon this car (the one linked above). Something about the combination of this particular blue and black really caught my attention (though it took another while for the black-on-black theme of the interior to sit well with me).

edit:

For a while, I was going back and forth with the idea of changing out the grille for something similar to your BEFORE picture (a black mesh type of grille) to better accentuate the black theme. But I ended up thinking that would be too much black, and I decided to stick with the grey/black/chrome grille to break up the black.

Some time this year, though, Hyundai released a newer version of this vehicle in the black/"Night" theme, complete with the same style of grille I was entertaining.

Last edited: May 20, 2019
  4. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Just watched this video on YouTube. Guy talks about the Challenger Demon; how it's not necessarily the ideal car for tight curves over extensive driving, but his reaction turns giddy like a child with a new toy when he tests it out on a Drag Strip. Gets interesting when he puts it up against a Lamborghini Aventador on the strip.

Darth_Furio and Juliet316 like this.
  5. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    The Demon is impressive, but I have no interest in it. My Mustang has all the acceleration I can use in real world driving, corners like nobody's business, gets twice the gas mileage, and cost about a third as much to buy.

I finally got gas struts under the hood, so no more prop rod to hold it up. And I replaced the vinyl stripes on my trunk and spoiler, this time used a wet application method, warmed and stretched the vinyl with a hair dryer, and when I was finished I had about 99.9% less wrinkles. Still not perfect, but it's not embarrassing any more.

Darth_Furio likes this.
  6. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    @Sarge and other Mustang fans - Lee Iacoca has passed away aged 94. He created the Ford Mustang.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2019
  7. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Kind of bittersweet that they're coming out with the Ford vs. Ferrari movie this Fall. I'd imagine they'll have a special tribute to him in the credits.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2019
    Juliet316 and Sarge like this.
  8. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    i have a car now

Juliet316 and Sarge like this.
  9. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    He had a good innings but complications from Parkinson's led to his death.

10. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Drivers in JTS's state - be alert. Be very alert.. :p

11. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Congrats, JTS! I'm happy to share the road with you.

Where do you live?

12. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    White side marker lights, re-done stripes on trunk and spoiler, and wheel caps with USAF emblem. I still want white taillights, but not at any of the asking prices I've seen; I've bought cars that cost less than some of those taillight assemblies.

[​IMG]

Darth_Furio , Juliet316 and Hef like this.
  13. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    So I'm driving home from church, coming up on a little shopping center where there was a car show last year, and I think I ought to pull in and check the bulletin board to see if they've posted if and when they're doing it this year. I turn into the parking lot and look, all the cool cars, I guess I know the date this year. My car hadn't been washed in a couple of weeks, but it wasn't too dirty, so what the heck, why not. After an hour or so a cloud turned black and started to rain on us. I was the only one there who was happy about that, cuz the water spots made all the cars look equally dirty.

Ahsoka's Tano and Juliet316 like this.
  14. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I was satisfied with the job a group of kids did when they washed my car at a fundraiser near my house. Was just driving down a local road and kids had a sign for a wash to support their volunteer ambulance corp.

Darth_Furio and Juliet316 like this.
  15. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Question @Sarge
    For a several years now I've used an iPod hookup in my car to play music from my personal library. My Challenger has a usb port under the armrest, and I had previously plugged in an iPod Shuffle and the stereo recognized it immediately; I could skip songs and not have to worry about constantly turning the iPod on every time I'm in my car. But the Shuffle died and I wound up buying a used iPod touch (1st Generation). I loaded up my songs on it, but now when I plug it into the same port the stereo doesn't recognize it at all. What I've been doing since I bought it is just plug it into the Aux port; but of course I have no control with the songs aside from the volume. I'm planning on getting a new touchscreen unit soon, but was wondering how USB flash drives with music work in cars. I haven't tried it yet, but does it work similar to the iPod, or, at least from some blogs I've read, can you actually install music onto your stereo?

16. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    I'm still a Luddite when it comes to iPods and stuff. All I know is that I have a couple of flash drives that I hook up to the USB port and the stereo plays lots of music that's recorded on them. It's a big improvement over CDs and cassette tapes.

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  17. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
  18. Ezio Skywalker

Jan 29, 2013
    For a week the dealership had my car for cosmetic work. They loaned me a brand new 2019 Tucson. The 2019 model in the US removes the DCT and turbocharger options, replacing it with a bigger 2.4L engine in the trims above the base (such as this loaner).

Basically, it's the larger and heavier engine from the new Santa Fe. It's also thirstier. The car boasts more horsepower, but acceleration is sluggish, and driving is boring. They turned the US Tucson into a basic people mover, removing the sporty spirit they were originally going for with the 16-18 models and rendering it into as dull a vehicle as the Toyota Rav4.

European models still get the more exciting gearbox options, notably in the N Line.

The only thing fast about this model was the infotainment system. The media system was super fast to respond to voice commands and so on. The tablet/floating display was v also pretty neat. The redesigned cabin was much nicer than mine, with a lot more attention given to aesthetics.

Nevertheless, I was happy to finally get my Night edition back. The 2017 Night, boasting a DCT/turbocharged engine pairing, is lighter and faster--and so much better on gas.

My cabin might be a black monochrome affair, but as far as mainstream SUVs go, it's fun to drive.

Juliet316 likes this.
  19. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    I put custom floor mats in today. They look great, but I haven't decided if I want to leave them in all the time or save them for special occasions.

20. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    I ain’t done anything fancy to my 2017 silver Silverado except put some black oval running boards on. I’d like to half silver/black my bow ties and get some black rims and possibly flomaster. Just a purr not a roar.

Sarge likes this.
  21. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Getting ready for a car show on Saturday.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

22. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    I’ve been driving around my aunt’s second car because I’m in Vegas for a week, we just closed on our house down here, and I needed to drive something. I have to say it’s something to brag about! 143,000 mile Honda of some sort, I don’t even care what model it is because it’s SEXY! The way the entire car shakes while it idles, the occasional oil leaks my uncle warned me about, the rust looking exterior battered by the harsh sun as it sits outside all of the time, this car turns heads! I’m not sure that’s a good thing, though. My neighbor sure looked twice as he stepped inside his Maserati today and probably thought, “Great, there goes the neighborhood, some idiot moving in here with his 30-year-old junker.”

Still there’s a certain charm to that whole “have to use the key to unlock the car” thing and the “lights don’t turn on automatically” thing. I’ll challenge ANY golf cart or scooter to a race! They won’t even know what’s under the hood. I sure don’t. I think it’s a lawnmower engine but not positive :D

23. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Haha - parts of that could describe my Golf - the 'key to unlock' and 'lights don't turn on automatically'. But you have me beat on miles by about 100K and it sounds like yours has way more rust than mine I have you beat on age though - 34 and counting..

24. Ezio Skywalker

Jan 29, 2013
    @Sarge Are those cloth seats in the Mustang? On that note, do you all prefer leather seats or cloth?

25. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    @Ezio Skywalker , yes, cloth seats, which is what I wanted. Easier to take care of, not slippery, warmer in winter, cooler in summer, and cheaper to boot. I ordered custom seat covers last month, hope to pick them up and put them on soon.

Ezio Skywalker likes this.