main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

Andor Brasso

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Bor Mullet, Nov 25, 2022.

1. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Stone and sky. And Brasso.

The bear of Ferrix.

Discuss.

2. Lomer2012

Lomer2012 Jedi Master star 1

Dec 23, 2016
    A true master of Teras Kasi (the brick variation).

3. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Jiu-Briksu

4. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
  5. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    He was definitely the focal point in Episode 12. That's another element I love about Andor. Lots of different ensemble members of the story having their moments.

Friendly and brave and dependable and sensible. A guy you want on your side. Joplin Sibtain played him very well. :)

6. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    I really liked him, his loyalty to his friends, especially Andor and Bix is one of the corner stones to what this franchise has been about. I would like to see him appear again, but I wonder whether his path will take him in a different direction to Andor.

7. clone commander bossk

clone commander bossk Ostrich Velocity Expert star 5

Nov 5, 2019
  8. Riv_Shiel

Riv_Shiel Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2014
    Brasso is like everybody's big brother. He's there for Cassian, he's there for B, he's going to be there for Bix.

9. Generational Fan

Generational Fan Jedi Master star 4

Oct 21, 2015
    Completely agree. I mentioned in another thread that this episode felt like the characterisation of the overall collective of the Ferrix people; with Brasso as it's "leader of the people" out in front. He was the one (as well as Maarva from a point of view) who landed the first physical blow in the revolt and rebellion - leading from the front as all good leaders do.

All season long, it's been all of the other (main, supporting and minor) characters who have had their stories fleshed out in a truly brilliant manner. This very last episode, it's the people of Ferrix; all of the background characters.

And I just love it so much that it wasn't Cassian, Luthen, Cinta, Vel that were the ones fighting. It was the people of Ferrix and all of the close-ups of that "revolt" raw emotion and defiance were the people of Ferrix.

And the main man out in front was our guy Brasso - an ideal candidate for one of the first leaders of the official Rebellion.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2022
    Lord-Skywalker and Bor Mullet like this.
  10. Darkside Floyd

Darkside Floyd Jedi Master star 2

Sep 3, 2008
    His character arc developed really well over the season. We should all hope to have a friend so loyal and true.

Riv_Shiel likes this.
  11. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    Actually he finds a steel arm there at some point to whack troopers with, Maybe a droid part I dunno. That is definitely true master of teräs käsi in action there.

Riv_Shiel, Bor Mullet and Lomer2012 like this.
  12. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Written in Italian as “Giu-Brick-Su,” this means Up-Brick-Down. Essentially describing Brasso’s method, which is brick-smash to the face with an upward thrust, and brick-smash to the head on the way down.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2022
  13. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018
    Yes, he deserved his own topic.

Brasso is so awesome that he doesn't need a last name. Or a first name.

Brasso makes copper and zinc fall in love.

Brasso's bricks hit harder than anyone else's.

Brasso is not the hero that Ferrix wants, but the hero that Ferrix needs.

Brasso is the Rebellion.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2022
  14. CloneBlooper

CloneBlooper Jedi Grand Master star 2

Dec 20, 2002
    Dependable, brave, cuddly(?), uses unsophisticated weaponry…he’s basically a six foot Ewok.

15. Lord-Skywalker

Lord-Skywalker Hangman Host/ 18X Wacky Wed Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner VIP - Game Host

Jul 8, 2002
    Kicking Brass and taking names.

Sarge and Master Jedi Fixxxer like this.
  16. DarthKreVass

DarthKreVass Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 27, 2008
    Wish I had a friend like Brasso! Man, I was sooooo invested in like every character on this show. Maybe that's what happens when you write a great story with excellent actors who can really bring those characters to life.

17. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I like to think after he nailed that guy with Maarva’s brick he realized that would have been just what she wanted.

Riv_Shiel, Sarge and Bor Mullet like this.
  18. Generational Fan

Generational Fan Jedi Master star 4

Oct 21, 2015
    I say this jokingly of course because it would have just been plain silly, but the only thing missing from the moment when Brasso swung the brick was him singing " We don't need no Imperialisation."

I think it was a clever choice by Gilroy and Co to talk of and use bricks and walls because in the sub-conscious, it could potentially draw upon the lyrics of a famous Pink Floyd song in invoking emotional reactions from the audience.

19. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    They call him Brasso cuz he's got big brass ones.

20. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    They named him Brasso and then he somehow was not actually a member of the marching band...

21. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    I like Brasso, an’ I cannot lie

Sarge likes this.
  22. Siphonophore

Siphonophore Chosen One star 4

Nov 13, 2003
    Stepping out of the GFFA for a moment.....
    There's a decent film on Netflix that I caught around the time of Andor E2, called I Used to be Famous, co-starring Joplin Sibtain (Brasso) in a minor role. It's not bad.
    [/Earth]

Last edited: Nov 28, 2022
    Bor Mullet likes this.
  23. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    I think Brasso had one of the best character developments we had in this show. He was there all the time and that was his character. He was there all the time for people who needed him.

He was a physically big guy, but not a big person in that way he would be center of attention all the time though, but that's why he is so awesome. He is there to support, he is supporting character after all in every meaning of the word and last episode really makes you respect him a lot. He is much like Chewbacca in his role.

He didn't do that much maybe, but every thing he does has a deep meaning and tells about who he really is. He is a real friend in need, something you can always trust. I really like him now, he was one character I find bit lacking first, but which really developed in subtle manner and became one of the best characters to look forward to in season 2.

24. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013

That's a brick, swung by a huge man with arms like tree trunks, who works a heavy industrial job. It hits so hard that the trooper's helmet is knocked off, despite being secured by a chin strap, basically snapped the strap and all. That trooper is dead.

Kudos to Brasso for enabling Maarva herself to strike down one of those imperial bastards, from beyond the grave.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2022
  25. Siphonophore

Siphonophore Chosen One star 4

Nov 13, 2003
    ......which will lead to the next film or series, in which Maarva was not placed in a wall, but is taken to many battles.
    The Maarva Strikes Bastards