main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Brett Favre.

Discussion in 'Archive: The Arena' started by Armenian_Jedi, Sep 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Armenian_Jedi

Armenian_Jedi Force Ghost star 7

Mar 14, 2003
    As he steps onto the field for another season, Brett Favre has his eyes set on the Superbowl. A one man army who will not be stopped by any force in the NFL. A legend of this game, a true icon like no other. The Vikings did us all a favor by bringing the once retired gunslinger back into the forefront of the NFL where he belongs. A warrior that will not soon be forgotten, Favre has shaken the rust off his throwing arm to show all these young whippersnappers who the true king is.

I remember watching Favre when I was a child. I knew then as I know now, Favre is and always will be the greatest quarterback to play the game of football. But it doesn't stop there, for there is a tale not many know. In the 1997 season, the Green Bay Packers recorded 21 total interceptions as a team. These 21 interceptions were caught by 10 different players, or so the stats say. What many don't know is that Brett Favre used to put on other player's jerseys sometimes and go out and play defense for fun. He's not the type of guy who can only play half a game, he wants to be on both sides of the ball. And in the 97 season, he got that chance. Favre intercepted every single one of those passes for the Packers that season. Had he caught them all while wearing only one jersey, that player would have undoubtedly won the defensive player of the year award.

But wait, there's more. Wisconsin and Mississippi fire fighters have put the numbers together, and between the two states, Brett Favre has ran into 219 burning buildings and saved the lives of 42 women, 97 children, 229 pets, and one 676 pound man. It seems like I'm making this up, but I'm not.

On the field, a legend reaching nearly mythical status. Off the field, a hero and a true patriot of this glorious nation of ours. Brett Favre is the man all women want to be with and all men want to be. God bless Favre and the Minnesota Vikings.

Furthermore, Saro is a tremendous human being. One whose intellect is matched only by his rugged good looks. He's a kind and beautiful soul, and should have a statue erected of him in times square. Perfectly proportionate elbows and abs of steel make him every ladies dream.

yeah...

2. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    "So you like Brett Fav-ruh?"
    "What did I tell you? I'm a Niners fan."

3. TahiriVeilaSolo69

TahiriVeilaSolo69 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 27, 2002
  4. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    Great thread, Varouj.

They beat Boston!: 2009-2010 L.A. Lakers: Back-to-Back World Champions :cool:

5. ApolloSmileGirl

ApolloSmileGirl Jedi Knight star 8

Jun 18, 2004
    F Favre in the ear

6. darthdrago

darthdrago Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 31, 2003
    Meh. If the guy finally ends up receiving a career-ending injury during this season, there'll be a chorus of I-told-you-so's like never before in sports history.

7. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    Should have thrown multiple INTs yesterday. Better get in sync quick.

8. darth_gersh

darth_gersh Force Ghost star 7

Feb 18, 2005
    His steakhouse in Milwaukee was a total failure.

9. Nevermind

Nevermind Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 14, 2001
    An Occulmens, are you?

10. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    Yep, he looked really old on Thursday. I really hope that this is his last campaign...

11. BaronFel88

BaronFel88 Jedi Knight star 7

Jan 25, 2004
  12. Armenian_Jedi

Armenian_Jedi Force Ghost star 7

Mar 14, 2003
    I despise you Saro.

13. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    Armenian on Armenian hate gets nothing accomplished.

They beat Boston!: 2009-2010 L.A. Lakers: Back-to-Back World Champions :cool:

14. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    Because he was too busy rescuing people from burning buildings, duh!

15. Nevermind

Nevermind Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 14, 2001
    Not looking good, Brett.

16. Darth_Eradycus

Darth_Eradycus Jedi Master star 1

Jun 5, 2004
    a quote from Clubber Lang comes to mind: "Fool! Shoulda neva came back!" now since i posted this, he will start to light it up.

17. DarthMak

DarthMak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 4, 2001
    He is finally getting his precious Randy Moss by the looks of it. I hear the slow guitar strums of the Brokeback Mountain theme in my head right now...

18. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005
  19. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    :oops: That's not good.

20. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    Wow. I think John Madden just lost his turducken.

21. StarWars_Revelation

StarWars_Revelation Jedi Master star 5

Aug 5, 2001
    Nawya folks lissen up 'cuz ol' Brittfar gotsa talk turkey to ya. ol' Brittfar dawnaw why all dem ree-porturs gettin awl backup in ol Brittfar?s craw. Dem folks sure gut themselves some GUMPSHUN. Y'all steemin' likah kitty onna hot tin ruuf dere, lemme tell ya.

Ain't nothin' wrong with ol' Brittfar wantsin' get away from dem tall coloreds wit dem big peckers on da greengrass and stir' dat talkin' pot wit dem purty blondes on da sideline wit dem big ol' hushpuppies. Yessum. Ain't nothin' wrong wit dat, cuz giss wut, y'oll chum buckits? ol' Brittfar got da horse cents. Lemme tell ya, who nah you folks gonn' lissen tuh? Some ondastreet loosy goose ree-portur? OR OL' BRITTFAR? NUMMER 4!

dasswhatta thought.

22. Rogue501st

Rogue501st Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 9, 2010
    The only thought that comes into my head when I hear or read the name Brett Favre is...

Please retire, and stay retired!

23. DarthMak

DarthMak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 4, 2001
    My sympathies to Brett Favre for the imminent massive punishment he's about to receive from the bitter New York Jets as well as some nice legal troubles to top it all off. They are talking that he could be suspended some games. Yeah, with $$$Roger$$$Goodell$$$ at the helm don't count on it.

Maybe if he stayed retired in the summer of 2008 this wouldn't have happened, but that is just this bitter Packer fan's opinion. If only his father was still around...

24. darth_gersh

darth_gersh Force Ghost star 7

Feb 18, 2005
    Did you see Brett Favre's **** yet?

25. Darth_wanderguard

Darth_wanderguard Game Host star 6 VIP - Game Host

Apr 26, 2005
    I just recited this entire post, in my head, accent and all.

Dude.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.