main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Bring On the Rain Planning Thread--I WROTE TWO PAGES!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by EmilieDarklighter, Jul 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EmilieDarklighter

EmilieDarklighter Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    Loosely, this is the idea: Sometime before the birth of one of their children, be it Ben or another child, Luke fights in a battle and is presumed dead. After Luke's "death", things get progressively worse in the galaxy, something happens (not sure what) a few years later that forces Mara to go and find something or someone that could save the galaxy (not sure what) where she meets up with Luke, who has been fighting the growing evil ever since without a chance to get home.

I know it needs work, but that's what planning threads are for, isn't it?

2. EmilieDarklighter

Jan 19, 2002
    AQ? Anybody?

3. AngelQueen

AngelQueen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 1, 2001
    I'm here dearest. Hmm... so, would this take place before, during, or after the Vong Wars? Or are we going to forget the Vong Wars all together?

*lightbulb appears above AQ's head*

How about, after Luke's 'death,' Callista (THE SCREECHING HARPY!!!!) reappears and asks to teach at the Jedi Academy, so she, though unable to touch the Force herself, is able to pass on her knowledge to a new generation of Jedi Knights.

Now, some may think that there might be something wrong with me, but what if, over time, Mara and Callista become friends? And perhaps she becomes "Auntie" to Mara and Luke's son/daughter.

Then, when Mara has to go off, Callista goes with her, hoping to aide her in her search. After all, Callista has travelled much of the galaxy searching for a way to restore the Force to her. So she and Mara can work with the knowledge of two people who have seen much of the galaxy.

Did I just place Callista into the slot of "good girl?" Wash your mouth out, AQ! :D

What do you think, Emmi dear?

AQ

4. EmilieDarklighter

Jan 19, 2002
    I like, I like! More tomorrow, bedtime now.

5. EmilieDarklighter

Jan 19, 2002
    Uppers! I think you like the Screeching Harpy, AQ. You just won't admit it. ;)

6. PeterTutham27

PeterTutham27 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 23, 2001
    LOL! AQ liking THE SCREECHING HARPY?!

Now that's something I have to see- I will definitely look for that one on the boards!

7. AngelQueen

Mar 1, 2001
    ME?!?!?!?! Like the Screeching Harpy?! Hah! As if! Never!!!!!!!

*AQ stomps on Children of the Jedi, Darksaber, and Planet of Twilight as hard as she can*

Ok. I feel better now. :D

*AQ puts her thinking cap back on and starts thinking of more ideas*

Hmmm... me like the Screeching Harpy. That's a good one... Hah! That'll never happen.

But that idea sounded good at the time. *glares over at Callista, who is smiling knowingly. Upon seeing the glare, she pales and gulps. Mara looks on, grinning* :D

AQ

8. PeterTutham27

Aug 23, 2001
    Oh, AQ, I get it! You just want to put Callista in this story, and in a 'nice' way so that it'll be more dramatic when you kill her off! Oohhh! *understandingly*

9. AngelQueen

Mar 1, 2001
    *claps* He understands! Very good! I'd love to kill her off! [face_devil]

AQ

10. EmilieDarklighter

Jan 19, 2002
    Well I don't care if she dies in this one, AQ. You may do what you like with Callista. ;)

Luke, however, is MINE.

Now, has anyone got some quality suggestions?

EDIT: I love the sig, Peter.

Who died and made you the Chosen One?

LOL!

11. EmilieDarklighter

Jan 19, 2002
    We can't do the Mara/Callie friend thing, though. :( Sorry AQ...hehe...I claim that idea as my own. Dart and I came up with it when planning for my fic after SoG. ;)

Why don't we do something original, yet cliche' (insert oxymoron here)

Mara and Callista can have an intense dislike of each other, but here's the trick: Writing it in character. In other words: no catfights. Mara and Callista (as I see her) are both too dignified for petty fights.

Now, we have to fill in what is wrong,why Mara and Luke couldn't contact each other through the Force, and how Callista got back.

12. AngelQueen

Mar 1, 2001
    Ok, revision of earlier idea:

After Lukie's 'death,' Callista returns to the Jedi Academy, only to find Lukie 'dead' and Mara in charge and raising their son/daughter.

Well, Callista never trusted Mara, as she was the Hand of the one who helped to destroy the Jedi, and when she finds out that she is now heading the Academy and rebuilding the Jedi Council, she's not happy. Then add the fact that Mara was married to Luke, well, things get a little tense...

Of course, Mara's not a fan of Callista either. Mara see's her as the one who caused Luke, along with the entire Skywalker/Solo family a lot of pain. Now she thinks she can come back and pick up where she left off. (HAH! SHE WISHES!)

But Mara is no fool. She knows that Callista has some valuable information when it comes to the techniques of the Jedi of old. So she agrees to Callista's request to teach at the Academy.

Then, when Mara has to go out into the galaxy, Callista is the only one with enough experience to accompany her. Of course, they're not happy about it, but they manage to put their feelings aside, for the most part.

As to why Lukie and Mara could not contact one another through the Force, perhaps in this particular region of space, the use of the Force is limited. Kinda like the Ysalamiri, but it doesn't have that big of an effect. He can still use the Force, but he wasn't able to get far enough away to call to Mara, or Leia, for that matter.

Whacha think?

AQ

13. EmilieDarklighter

Jan 19, 2002
    Delightful, AQ! Marvelous!

I have ideas, however I must leave atm, so more later!!!

14. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    This looks interesting. Can I play?

I don't have any ideas at the moment but I'll think about it.

15. AngelQueen

Mar 1, 2001
    *AQ grins and waves* RebelMom! Nice to see you! :) :)

This is Emmi's baby, but as far as I'm concerned, Welcome! :)

AQ

16. RebelMom

Apr 20, 2000
    Emmi! Can I join? :D

17. EmilieDarklighter

Jan 19, 2002
    Sure, come on in, RM! I was hoping we'd see you around here. ;) There hasn't been a decent L/M RR since Forget the Present;. Yay!!!

18. AngelQueen

Mar 1, 2001
    Uppers! I love your sig,Emmi dear! That song is just beautiful! :) And my mother loves Jo Dee Messina too! :D

AQ

19. PeterTutham27

Aug 23, 2001
    This looks like so much fun.. I just have to ask, can I join, on a trial basis? I've never written L/M before (Mara Jade: Marriage Aid doesn't really count :p ), but I've got some ideas!

What if Luke is flying around, patroling the galaxy (natch), when he senses an evil in the Force and he tries to follow it. He crashes on a 'lost' planet, and his ship is totally wasted, so he can't fly away. As far as not being able to contact Mara, the evil Force (no pun intended) on the planet blocks out his 'range'.. So he stays there (as if he had a choice) to fight this evil...

20. EmilieDarklighter

Jan 19, 2002
    Well, I've never liked many of Jo Dee's songs, but this one is at the top of my list.

Sure, Peter, you can join!

RM and I talked last night about some ideas...she could probably explain them better than I could but here goes:

Timeline:

How about fter the Vong have been defeated? Mara Jade Skywalker is pregnant with her second child. I was thinking a girl, maybe?

Luke goes off to battle this foe, not knowing what awaits him...we know that part. He is badly injured, even near death...and Mara feels this through her Force bond. Maybe here we could have Luke cut the bond purposefully so Mara won't have to feel his pain.

So Luke cuts the bond, Mara thinks he's dead. The trauma of the loss of the bond sends Mara into premature labor. Even after the baby is born, it's sickly, preventing Mara from going out and looking for Luke.

Finally, Mara gets frustrated and sends a Jedi team out to search for him. They find Luke's Jedi robe and lightsaber. Mara assumes he's disappeared into the Force, and Luke is assumed dead. The galaxy mourns.

Two to four years later, everything starts to unfold.

In VoTF, it mentions something, some kind of evil, behind the Hand of Thrawn. We had the idea of creating a race of creatures that were technologically superior. They have some kind of dark power (insert ideas here) totally separate from the Dark side of the Force. The creatures themselves, however, would not be disconnected from the Force. This would allow Luke to be decieved and possibly even trapped by them. Any thoughts on this?

EDIT: Just so everyone knows, here are all the authors so far.

AngelQueen
    RebelMom
    PeterTutham27
    EmilieDarklighter

And Amidala_Skywalker said she'd help with the non-writing stuff, like idea dreaming, etc. ;)

21. RebelMom

Apr 20, 2000
    Well, Emmi, I condensed our conversation from last night.

Luke goes to fight a battle in the Unknown Regions. The enemy, which we will need to create, are born of an evil dark power. They could possibly be the race that attacked the Hand of Thrawn tower, so they would have technical superiority. The evil atmosphere that these creatures emit would make the battle oppressive for the light Jedi. Drawn by Luke?s power, they concentrate on him, mortally wounding him. Corran who was fighting with him searches for him, finds his robe and lightsaber, but cannot locate his body. A retreat is called.

Mara is 8 mos pregnant with number 2 baby. Through their bond, she feels Luke?s pain and anguish, then nothing. The shock of his ?death? sends her into labor. The baby is premature and has medical problems. Corran returns a few weeks later(?) with Luke?s robe and saber. Since Mara felt his death and all Corran found was the robe and saber, they both conclude that Luke is dead.

I like the idea about Luke cutting the bond to save her the pain too.

22. PeterTutham27

Aug 23, 2001
    Idea! We're trying to make this a little Cliche right? How about Mara is carrying TWINS! hee hee hee!

Could Luke's 'death' reach The Screeching Harpy as well?

23. RebelMom

Apr 20, 2000
    I don't like the idea of twins, but it's up to Emmi.

Callista wouldn't feel his death unless she had regained her powers. I don't recall seeing that above (I could have missed it.)If she has, then she would have felt it to some extent, as well as the other Jedi. Leia would feel it too.

24. jacen200015

jacen200015 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    ooooh, i want to help. :D please :)

25. J_K_DART

J_K_DART Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Hi gang! As you know Em, I'm happy to help in any way!

Suggestion: In The Crystal Star we learned warps in space-time could affect the Force. What about having it so this enemy has purposefully gathered around a place where the Jedi could not, they believe, locate them - e.g. around some sort of space anomaly (take your pick which!)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.