main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Bring On the Rain Planning Thread--I WROTE TWO PAGES!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by EmilieDarklighter, Jul 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AngelQueen

AngelQueen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 1, 2001
    *latches onto Bri and hugs her tightly* Oh, you poor, poor thing! :( Sick? *quickly sends her some chicken noodle soup and Nursing!RDA and Nursing!Qui-Gon*

*giggles* They should be of some assistance in helping you recover, dearest. :) :D

AQ

2. AngelQueen

Mar 1, 2001
    *tickles, hoping for a reaction*

AQ

3. EmilieDarklighter

EmilieDarklighter Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    LOL. News flash, people! I got to borrow The Patriot from my history teacher, so I'm FINALLY getting to see Skye, Kyp, Ben, etc. *does happy dance* Maybe it'll spark some inspiration...

4. AngelQueen

Mar 1, 2001
    *grins* Go Emmi! *bounces* The Patriot is a wonderful movie and the actors did a wonderful job!

Also, you'll be seeing the Screeching Harpy as well. ;) The actress that plays Aunt Charlotte, I believe. :D [face_devil]

*giggles*

AQ

5. AngelQueen

Mar 1, 2001
    *pokes*

*wonders if she should blow something up to get everyone's attention*

AQ

6. AngelQueen

Mar 1, 2001
    *purses lips in determination, then sets a few charges*

*bolts out of the room*

I warned you... [face_devil]

AQ

7. Bri_Windstar

Bri_Windstar Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 27, 2002
    Ok dudes, I give up trying to work it into the Detredes Belt thing, so I?m just going for a good ol? Mara/Callista spat in general 8-}

Moon suggested keeping the tension undercurrent, but always there, which I was more or less assuming would be the case anyway. Just so long as in posts that feature them, we remember to show it with things like glances, side comments, things like that, I?m guessing. I have no idea what would lead up to the final blow, though, so I?m not sure how to go into the big blowout.

I do agree with AQ that things most likely hit the fan after everyone discovers Luke?s alive. Maybe their arrival and Jedi Council ?debriefing? of their Detredes Belt mission (where we already see sparks flying) could take place after Luke, Leia, and Skye get back. Luke et al get back first (and I would think Leia would tell Mara shortly after discovering Luke, thinking she has a right to know, so presumably Mara would know Luke?s alive and there and be rightfully seething before landing), then Mara et al land, Mara has a spat of sorts with Luke, and they have the debriefing. In the ?debriefing?, maybe Callista could (purposefully) say something a wee bit, oh I don?t know what this word is?goading maybe, that would set Mara on edge.

Like Callista could say it, looking at Mara out of the corner of her eye as she says it, a sidelong glance sort of thing, before looking back at the Council head while finishing her speech-thing (I forget off the top of my head if Lydira and Kyp are back yet, so whoever is head in the scene). The Council wouldn?t notice the direct purpose the jibe (why would they, it was meant to be subtle), but Mara knows what it was meant for, and we could see her react visibly ever so slightly, standing a bit straighter, setting her jaw, those type movements.

Shortly after, Mara storms in to Callista?s quarters (or wherever) very peeved and demanding an answer for that jibe earlier.

Mara: ?Just what the hell WAS that in there??

Callista, of course, could merely look at her with utter calm and feign ignorance of Mara?s accusations (which she could totally do, since it was a subtle jibe meant for Mara?s understanding). This infuriates Mara all the more, and she goes into it. I would think Mara would be fueled by duel anger here- she?s angry at Callista for the whole rocky relationship, and the tension is finally snapping between them, but also her bigger, deeper pain/anger at Luke. Subconsciously, she just wants a release for it, at least so of it, and Callista is THE perfect target, esp opening it up like that.

Mara says something about Luke or some such, I?m not sure, but something in her tirade gets through Callista?s bid for calm, and she gets aggravated herself. Something that leads her to an arguing tone to match Mara?s, and she snaps right back with equal venom. She could say something about Luke (I wouldn?t think it would be MEANT to defend him, his not coming forward for 6 years, for whatever reason, was not exactly the best way to handle it), but Mara could take it has defense. She could then accuse Callista of still loving Luke.

Ok, I would think that Callista wouldn?t love him in the same sense that she did when they were together and the way Mara did/does now as his wife and mother of his children- as a lover and companion. I would think it would be a love of who he is as a person and the good in him that made him such a hero to people. She loves the good and pure soul that resides in him. She has a deep respect for him and values what they had WHEN they had it, because it helped shape both of them into the people they are today. It was the will of the Force to make things as they are, and she respects and abides by that.

Callista, trying to rationalize with Mara, would say that bit about Mara doing the same, examining why the Force has given Luke back to her, in a sense, for the NR, the fight against the aliens, on a more personal level his wife and family, etc.

Mara, in her anger zone, asks why she left in the first place, something de

8. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Good job Bri. I like it.

*attaches nutrients to story thread* Need to revive the story.

9. AngelQueen

Mar 1, 2001
    *adds a little sugar to the nutrients*

Maybe if we get it like me when I've had chocolate, things will be better off! ;D

Some wonderful ideas, Bri! We definitely need to get Emmi back in here and get the status of her post and discuss what she's thinking of in regards to the story...

AQ

10. EmilieDarklighter

Jan 19, 2002
    Emmi is currently restricted to thirty minutes a day computer time and for the next two days will be doing nothing but working on history projects. School is eating my time alive. Junior year is the hardest, and I'm having to put everything I've got into it just to pass. The post currently is about two or three paragraphs long, but I'm probably going to scrap that and start over on Saturday. Sorry for the delay, guys.

11. AngelQueen

Mar 1, 2001
    *hugs Emmi* It's okay, sweetie. School must come first.

*is totally in awe that she actually managed to say that*

We don't mind the wait. It's important stuff you're working on. :)

AQ

12. AngelQueen

Mar 1, 2001
    *gets out the defibs*

*shocks the thread*

AQ

13. EmilieDarklighter

Jan 19, 2002
    LOL. I wrote a little clip in my LiveJournal. It's basically the very end of my post. That's the part that was really screaming at me to be gotten down. I can't think of how to get everything to that point, though. Well, I know *how*, but the exact words aren't coming.

14. EmilieDarklighter

Jan 19, 2002
    I WROTE TWO PAGES! WOOHOO!

She sat heavily on a music stool in the far end of the room. He was gone, for now--called away on some 'emergency' that she could only begin to fathom. Leia dropped her head into her hands. What had just happened?

In all her life, Leia Organa had never been able to trust, not completely. Part of it was inherent in her nature; part of it was a politician's survival instinct. She had only, in her entire life, ever trusted three people utterly and completely.

The first was her father. Bail Organa had been the foundation that kept her sturdy in the precarious times of youth, when she first learned about war and death and that people were not always honest. It had been Bail's sense of fairness and justice instilled in her since small childhood that had driven her into politics. He had made her what she was today. Had it not been for Bail Organa, Leia Solo never would have made it in the galaxy.

The second, of course, was Han. Oh, she hadn't always trusted him, not always...he had been a smuggler. What more could you expect from a smuggler than dishonesty and deceit? Bail had never liked smugglers, and never given her a reason to, either. But as Leia spent more time with Han, learned the small nuances of his character he rarely showed to anyone: the compassion, the (somewhat twisted) sense of justice, and impeccable leadership skills, she began to trust him. And love had not been far behind, after that.

But Luke...she had always trusted Luke. She had known, from the beginning, that there was something about him that spoke of indelible purity, something of an inherent altruistic nature that she could rely on. <i>He</i> had been the one to see her pain when Alderaan was destroyed, and later on, when she thought she'd lost Han. He'd been the only one to know how badly she hurt, even when she didn't let it show. Luke had known Leia's pain because part of Luke was inside Leia. Even before they'd known they were twins, they'd known that destiny had put him in her path for a reason. They had been inseparable.

Until <i>then.</i> Until his "death". She'd been almost stoic, for Mara's sake, when It happened. But when she got home, and Han wrapped her up in his arms, she started crying and didn't stop for days. The following weeks were filled with "if onlies"...<i>If only I had been stronger...If only I had felt the danger...If only I had gotten to him in time...</i> they haunted her nightmares until weeks turned into months and months turned into years.

Eventually she found peace. She took comfort in little Ben almost as much as his mother did. And Skye...oh, Skye. She was so like her father that sometimes Leia had to blink back tears in her presence. The children had been comfort, as were the Jedi, her brother's legacy. Leia prided herself in knowing that Luke would live on through her, in her. In her veins flowed his blood, and she fulfilled his legacy by becoming a Jedi. He would have been proud of her, Master Ti had once told her. So very proud.

Leia laughed, once, dryly. What had all those tears been for, anyway? And the pride? What was she supposed to do now, that she knew it had all been based on a lie? All that emotion, that torrid lonliness, for nothing. What was she supposed to do?

At first she had wanted to cry and laugh all at the same time. <i>Luke!</i> She'd almost cried out. <i>Luke, oh, Luke! I can't believe it's really you!</i> And then came the realization that if he was alive, what it must mean, and her joys had quieted in an instant, violently seared away like a limb cut by a lightsaber.

The anger had followed. Such burning, fearsome anger, shooting from her fingertips like hot sparks from a blasted computer console. She had barely contained herself with that slap. He deserved so much more than that.

Compassion, after that. Sympathy. He had certainly been through hell in the past six years...or at least the first three, anyway. What she saw in his mind would have made any other woman break down in tears. Instead, she had simply squeezed his hand

15. AngelQueen

Mar 1, 2001
    Dude, nice stuff you have right here, Emmi! Me likey! :) I also loved that other snippit you wrote in your livejournal! Awesome!

Now, from here, I suggest that you move into Skye's part of the post, where Leia sees her looking at the holos of the family that Luke set up. Then she stops to stare at the one of Luke and Anakin, the one that Leia noted when she first woke up. Her face becomes kinda shadowed and the emotions that flick across her face should kind of frighten Leia, seeing such emotions on her niece's face, who is still so young.

From there, Leia has to decide what to do with the mess that's landed in her lap. She has a brother that allowed his fake death to remain reality for the entire known galaxy, including his own family, a niece who is deathly afraid of her brother, and keep the emotions of the rest of the family, not to mention the galaxy, in consideration.

She could ask herself how to deal with this? Mara will be extremely angry to discover her husband is alive, but all but abandoned her to her grief with two children to raise on her own. Leia could recall that Ben does seem to have some resentment against his father. And then there is the twins and Han. They would undoubtedly feel some pain that Luke hid from them for so long.

I don't know if she should come to any conclusions during this post. Perhaps Leia could be thinking on this when Aurora comes in, saying that Luke needs her in the 'Command Center' or whatever it is. Leia starts to tell Skye to stay here with Aurora, but Skye grabs her hand and gives her a look saying 'you've got to be joking.'

On that note, perhaps Skye could have grabbed one of the holos and it can be used to convince Luke to go back to Coruscant. Maybe Leia and Luke could be arguing fiercely, when Skye-who is still afraid of Luke-could muster her courage and hand him a holo. It could be one of Mara and Ben, or any member of the family. She could then whisper, "You owe them," or something to that effect. Leia could then give one last push and get him to agree.

Just some random thoughts there.

AQ

16. RebelMom

Apr 20, 2000
    Emmi, wonderful look at Leia's thoughts. AQ's random thoughts are nice as well.

17. AngelQueen

Mar 1, 2001
    *grins* Randomness if a girl's best friend. Forget diamonds. :D

AQ

18. AngelQueen

Mar 1, 2001
    *sticks head in and glances around*

*sees nothing new, so turns to leave, shouting, "Hi ho, Silver! Away!"*

*is soon grabbed by the guys in white and dragged back to her cell*

AQ

19. RebelMom

Apr 20, 2000
    Do we have an update yet? Emmi?

*helps AQ escape strait jacket* Run girl!

20. EmilieDarklighter

Jan 19, 2002
    Getting there. Skool stincs. ;)

21. AngelQueen

Mar 1, 2001
    *hugs RM and runs to hide in her secret basement hideout* Thanks hon! :D

I can sympathize on the matter of school, Emmi. Midterms start tomorrow for me. :( Four tomorrow, two on Friday. *sulks* Stupid tests that prove nothing. *huffs*

AQ

22. RebelMom

Apr 20, 2000
    Getting there. Skool stincs
    I see spelling isn't in the curriculum ;)
    Chin up. You just keep plugging away.

23. AngelQueen

Mar 1, 2001
    *kicks DRL*

AQ

24. AngelQueen

Mar 1, 2001
    *kicks DRL again*

AQ

25. Bri_Windstar