main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Bringin' Sexy Back: The Cade Skywalker Fan Club

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Jedi Trace, Mar 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    Ok, so I am Johnny-Come-Lately when it comes to Legacy so please forgive me...

I currently purchased and read the first 4 Volumes of the Trade Paperbacks, by far the best one was Vol. 3 - Claws of the Dragon. It brought back memories of reading Dark Empire for the first time and seeing Luke standing beside the Emperor as a new Dark Lord. Perfectly written and beautifully drawn.

2. TKeira_Lea

TKeira_Lea Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 10, 2002
    Okay the song has me intrigued but I am not looking. This is first time in a long time I haven't felt a need to find spoilers. I've pondered that because often I'm scrambling to know anything. That's some part fear of "what are they going to do next that will make my fanhead explode" and my new refusal to just buy something because it says Star Wars on the cover. I realized I'd buy anything that said Star Wars Legacy on it, even if I don't know what's coming. It's because I'm okay with however they end it, not because I don't care. It's a strange position to be in as a long-time Star Wars EU fan and I look forward to the end of the ride.

3. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    Welcome!! :D

The Claws arc was one of my favorites, too, and I remember it fondly because issue #14 was when I started buying the monthlies. July 2007. :-B

There's so much to love in that one, and not just because it was the first time we got shirtless Cade. ;) The A'sharad Hett back story with Obi-Wan, the NJO tie-in with Vergere, Morrigan in all her badass glory, Cade/Talon, Force ghost Kol, Nyna and her dysfunctional former family, Cade wearing a sheet, the Hosk story, Big Bad Fight with Krayt & Co. and, of course, THE Reveal at the end that blew the whole fandom away. :eek: :cool: Like you said: beautiful. All of it. [face_love]

And you've got a lot more awesome ahead of you!

4. Bri_Windstar

Bri_Windstar Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 27, 2002
    Aaah to be young again.

5. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    Young? Bri I am 6 years your senior.

6. Bri_Windstar

May 27, 2002
    Not when it comes to being a Legacy fan. ;)

7. TKeira_Lea

Oct 10, 2002
    In case people haven't seen this thread in Lit. John and Jan are doing a Q&A over there.

I really want to know the answer to this question -

8. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    Good lord, some of the questions in that thread... o_O :oops: I don't envy John and Jan having to wade through them, but I'm looking forward to seeing the answers.

Cade could only give Vader his pants back if he's DEAD. So, no, let's hope that he does not have the chance to do the "honorable thing". :p

;)

9. Qui-Gon Tim

Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep star 5

Apr 1, 2000
    Ridiculous questions?

Then I'm going to come up with my own.... like this one:

"If you were to carpet the Hidden Jedi Temple, how long would it take to vacuum it?"

(10 points to anyone- aside from Traci- who gets the TV reference.)

10. jfostrander01

jfostrander01 Writer: Dawn of the Jedi, Agent of the Empire star 3 VIP

Oct 26, 2001
    Now you know what C-3PO was doing during the Sith-Imperial War.<g>

-- JO

11. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    That makes perfect sense, John!

As for the reference: Wings- It's at 3 minutes 30 seconds.

And I may just ask you more questions just as inane as that one.

12. Black-Dog

Black-Dog Jedi Knight star 4

May 27, 2008
    After seeing certain Q's in the Q&A thread, I think I'll pass on asking. Not to mention I can't think of anything to ask. :p

Don't know if ye all seen this before, but there be a SW: Legacy fan group on DeviantArt. Cool artwork and stuff there, especially the cosplay pics.

13. jfostrander01

Oct 26, 2001
    I would expect no less from you, Brother Tim, and i look forward to them all.

-- John

14. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    I feel kind of spoiled. I'm pretty sure if I have a question I'd just ask it here. At this point the only question I have cannot be answered until the comic comes out so I just have to wait.

15. Bri_Windstar

May 27, 2002
    Same. Anything I want to know I ask here. I rarely get an answer, but I ask anyway, heh.

It's so close to the end. :(

16. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    That's great! :D

I love this pic:

[image=http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/130/0/2/star_wars_legacy_group_by_malincha-d3g1mzo.jpg]

Day after tomorrow... *wibble*

Well, the pool house is all finished out back and ready for the Mynock crew to come retire, if they want. We have very hot summers here, so there will be plenty of opportunities to lounge by the pool, which is all Cade ever wanted to do anyway, right? :cool:

17. TNPredsFan

TNPredsFan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 10, 2004
    The end is almost here. :( We Memphis folks only know one way to end this...with the King.

American Trilogy

My Way

And one more time, the kitteh asks:

[image=http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a382/TNPredsFan/Message%20Boards/cadetiemnowplz.jpg]

18. jfostrander01

Oct 26, 2001
    Okay, this is addressed to mainly Trace but also plenty of the rest of you. Do NOT read the last issue in a public place. I am NOT being snarky. There will be squeals and tears (yes, Tim, I'm looking at you). I KNOW my Cade Brigadeers and I don't want you to embarrass yourselves in public. Read it and then let me know if you're still speaking to me (I'm sorry; I can't help myself -- this is my last chance to yank chains like this<g>).

Yer pal

-- John

19. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Tears?

Tears?

Tears?

Tears?

Tears?

(Sorry... I'm having a moment like the dad did in Breaking Away. Remember this scene, John?)

20. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    That?s just about a perfect Cade song, Nicki!

For what is a man what has he got
    If not himself then he has not
    To say the things he truly feels
    And not the words of one who kneels
    The record shows I took the blows
    And did it my way

Thank you, John! For the warning?I don?t know about the book yet ;) , but I took the night off at work so that I could read it at home.

Aww, I?m gonna miss having you yank our chains! [:D]

Well, this is it. In about an hour, I?ll don my Cade Brigade t-shirt and head to the comic shop...

21. Bri_Windstar

May 27, 2002
    I don't want to go and buy it today. It'll be the last trip I get to make for Legacy and having it physically in my hands means it's really over. :( :( :(

Happy reading everyone. [:D]

22. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    The last Legacy comic has arrived at our house... Traci has locked herself in the bedroom with a glass of wine to read it. I'll have to wait my turn.

23. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    One glass of wine and one comic book later,

I will KISS John and Jan the next time I see them!! Smileys would be spoilery, but: OMG I LOVE THIS ISSUE SO HARD!!!

You guys. IT?S SO GOOD!!!

More gushing later because we?re having our zillionth rain/thunderstorm/hail/tornado/flooding storm of this Spring down here, but that?s okay. I?ll just read this issue a few more times before I tuck it under my pillow and go to sleep.

24. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    Stuff on Legacy:

I agree with Trace. Thank you Thank you thank you for giving us a hopeful ending and for making the Emperor truly bad so I can give crap to Jello for years to come. This issue was perfect in every way. From Draco finally doing the right thing to Cade surviving and also choosing life instead of taking the easy way out. Gorgeous art. I cried from happiness and relief I think.

My favorite line was when Cade was floating out in space and made a comment about walking in the sky. Brilliant!

My second favorite part is that R2 once again saved a Skywalker. I think he needs his own poster that says "R2D2: Saving Skywalkers for hundreds of years" or something like that.

25. TKeira_Lea

Oct 10, 2002
    The cosplay pic is awesome. The first time I ever truly wanted to make a full blown Star Wars costume was after seeing the Imperial Knights in Legacy. The poor guy modeling as Cade probably had a good laugh at my expense at Celebration after he told me an Imperial Knight was outside the main hall. I went crashing and banging out of the doors. Alas, I never found the Imperial Knight of my dreams. I do have a picture with Cade though.

John, that warning is worthy of your evil mean author signature. Is it worse to fear the story that would make us cry and squeal or to be caught crying and squealing in public? Admittedly I read Starfighters of Adumar on a plane and got caught squealing quite a bit. I think it earned Allston a new book sale because the guy next to me wanted to know what I was reading. The only action I fear as a reader when taking my books/comics in public is the desire to hurl the book/comic and stomp around like the crazy step-sister in the movie Ever After.

For reasons beyond my control, I won't be able to read #6 until Saturday. I can't wait to cry and squeal; I have every faith as a reader I won't be doing the invisible bee dance.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.