main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:QLD Brisbane Supanova 2008 ( 4 - 6 April )

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by morgan-aleghieri, Oct 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. starfire-phoenix

starfire-phoenix Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 2, 2004
    Master Skywalker and I are heading up for Supanova, and plan to spend some time doing a few touristy things as well. Hopefully we can catch some of you there. If you've never been to One Man Star Wars, and you are able to go, please do. Charlie is awesome, and he is a really nice guy too. Funny funny show, seen it 4 times now ;)

Will be wandering around in costume Friday night, Saturday and Sunday. Flying back home Sunday night :(

As far as conventions go, Supanova for me is more about the people we catch up with, than the guests. We went to Armageddon Melbourne last October and found the crowd a lot more like us - all round geeks, less scary folks. lol There were only a handful of friends of ours there though, so it was a lot less frantic. lol I still have a lot of fun at Supanova - catching up with folks like you. Would be a shame if we don't get to see many of you :( It's doubtful we'll be back that way again for another Supanova. Think this will be the last.

MS is packing his new Indiana Jones costume specially for this.

2. Kahlan72

Kahlan72 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 27, 2000
    Was juut talking about you guys. Glad you can make it. Few of us should be there on the Saturday at least!!

See you there.

3. Dave_Smogcrawler

Dave_Smogcrawler Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 12, 2002
    I can't come to the star war thingy but I am going to buy the supanova thingy tomorrow, for saturday so I guess I will be seeing you guys there, if not meh.

4. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus & Kessel Run Champion! star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Winner

Oct 30, 1999
    I'm going on Sunday evening for the world building writer's workshop but I could probably also take an hour or two out on Saturday to hang out with you guys :) (At the moment Saturday has yet to be totally pinched by other commitments)

YAY!

Kithera

5. Dave_Smogcrawler

Apr 12, 2002
    I just realized, I have no idea what you guys look like....so...its gonna be hella hard finding you lot.

6. morgan-aleghieri

morgan-aleghieri Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 18, 2006
    The Brisnova event guide is up now - huzzah. I was starting to fret as to why I was spending the entire weekend there, but now I can go to it with a highlighter and map out my weekend in needless detail - constructing a plan that will be completely disimilar to what actually happens when the time comes.

7. Magnus_Darcrider

Magnus_Darcrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 24, 2005
  8. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus & Kessel Run Champion! star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Winner

Oct 30, 1999
    Going tomorrow (Sunday now) as today ended up being busy after all :( Will be there from 2pm onwards so I can then go straight to the writer's workshop.

Kithera

9. Dave_Smogcrawler

Apr 12, 2002
    So I went...but like I said didn't know what you guys look like so never met up with you all.

10. ImperialCourtessan

ImperialCourtessan Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 10, 2005
    Seriously YAY! for over for another year! 24hrs later and I'm still 1/2 passed out. Glad to catcha 'howdy' with those we saw! Posting pictures soon.

11. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    Woo, Supanova was bundles of fun - I'm still very exhausted though. I think I'll forego all activity once I get home and just crawl straight into bed. I threw some of the photos I had up on my facebook, though there was only a few nice ones - the rest are all my crazed "happy snaps" to record the moment. I might reupload them to Photobucket later.

12. Nyder

Nyder Jedi Master star 4

Jun 27, 2002
    I went to one of these a few years ago. Did not like it at all. It was too crowded and they mostly selling expensive merchandise I had no interest in. The guy who played Darth Vader was there - and at that point I could not understand the celebrity obsession as I had no desire whatsover to meet him or get his autograph or whatever.

Anyway I got totally bored and left after 15 minutes.

13. Dave_Smogcrawler

Apr 12, 2002
    Nyder has a point, I was not the star struck type nor was it really that fun for me, the merchandise are way expensive, and most of the time I felt like I was in a tuna can cross with a pinball machine.

14. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    Yeah, nova isn't everyone's thing - you've got to have your reasons for going along. Go the first time to check it out, and if you don't like it then never again. That's cool.

My context is based largely around it being a opportunity to dress up, and hang out with other dressed up people, take lots of photos... And whilst yes a lot of the merch is pricey, I go for specific stuff, like Doctor Who from the JB shop at staff prices. Also a perk is catching up with people I haven't seen for a year.

In my case I have quite a few reasons that make Supanova a great weekend for me - but not everyone has the nice long list that makes it worthwhile. It's fine.

15. BigBossNass1138

BigBossNass1138 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    Comics and DVDs are often very well priced. I snapped up a couple of Knights of the Old Republic trade paperbacks a good deal cheaper than they usually go for, so I call that a win. I thought the show was pretty lackluster this year with very little interesting to do or look at, but it's always nice to stick your head in and see what's going on.

16. Last_Chael

Last_Chael Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 25, 2006
    Woo! Well I had heaps of fun, and it was awesome to surprise everyone :D I really enjoyed finally debuting my Wonder Woman costume and loved running around in it! Also got to debut my Giselle costume and get photos of my Dr Fraiser :D Also meeting JEwel Staite and Teryl Rothery, who LOVED my Dr Fraiser costume! That was a definite highlight!

Also fun, being a cosplay judge! It was such an honour and I really hope to be able to do it again!!

Wish I coulda caught up with you guys for longer, but official judging business had me out of action for quite a large portion of each day! But I can't wait for next year!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.